Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls coming onto guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

BumbleB wrote: »
    you two get a room !

I will if he will .... ;):D

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Neon_Circles is only 19! No room for us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Neon_Circles is only 19! No room for us :(
    God loves a trier.LOL !

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

You can have a small convo at the counter then go your seperate ways and if it went well ,youll find her in close proximity of you.

So say you both go your separate ways at the bar, you'd expect her to appear near you if she thought it went well too? would you not hang near her for a bit and test the waters too? or is it left up to her. I tend to stay a safe distance from the guy so my friends and I can have a sneaky look (which they're brutal at...dont look now, I said dont! ahhh :eek:) while retaining an air of mystery and not coming on too strong, though I suppose there is a fine line. If I went to close too the guy, certain friends would literally drag us together. (I do love my friends though)
    Some girls think I'm fantastic other girls think I'm plain but the feeling mutual cause I dont fancy them either.

Dont fancy any of them? are you not that way inclined?
    I honestly don't know every guys different in that respect. Guys view girls in two categories , shaggable and unshaggable. if youre in category 1 every guy will want to be your friend ,if youre in category 2 you will need a very strong personality.

Keep in mind though each person will categorise you for themselves, you're not destined to be either one or the other forever and I think though you might not have drop dead gorgeous looks sometimes when you get to know the persons personality they'll be totally "shaggable", hence the hanging around you not happy with their category! You might just get too drunk or emotional one night and your blurred vision will see that 2 as a 1 :D

Met a girl outside whelans 2 months ago ,she had bright red lipstick.Chatting to her for ages really sexy funny girl. Didn't really care she had a totally awesome personality.Being sexy isn't about high heels ,mascara and fake tan at least for me.

Thought you were going to say she was a hooker! :pac:

God loves a trier.LOL !

You mean me, or him?

You mean me, or him?
    him ,babes.

him ,babes.

awh, 'babes', how endearing :D

oh and the obligatory ;)

I'm curious, how old are you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Oh but i now feel like a voyeur reading this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Joan Fontaine

I'd definitely have no problem making the first move with a guy. But it's all context and/or guy specific really.

Like, if I reckon a guy is kinda shy and is unlikely to make the first move I just go for it. On the other hand, if he's quite confident I'll assume that he should have no problems asking me out if he wanted to and would leave it be.

In a bar/pub situation I would have no problem striking up conversation with a hot guy. Trying to think of something interesting/witty to say is always what gets me though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Folks,while I appreciate this is a lighthearted thread,please bear in mind tGC isnt a dating forum.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Folks,while I appreciate this is a lighthearted thread,please bear in mind tGC isnt a dating forum.
    :)

Clearly an obvious ploy to come across as a strong, confidant and authoritative alpha male to make the ladies swoon.

I am on to you sir.

Im new here, where's the dating forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Yourself wrote: »

www.thedatingforum.com I'd imagine :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1312

heh heh

that dating forum was pox.....

• Advertisement

that dating forum was pox.....

haha pox

Soz mods, that was probably my fault.

Back on topic in future....
    :(

Soz mods, that was probably my fault.

Back on topic in future....
    :(

No coming onto guys in this thread :).

Total thread killer! haha so out last night got chatting to loads of guys, at the bar and smoking area, just by smiling and saying "hi" made a conscious effort not to miss anybody's efforts and ended up having a great night, wish ye had be there to witness it, even did the laughing and touching the arm jobby...very proud of myself so I am, :D oh and I initiated exchanging numbers with one guy in case we "lost each other" heh heh heh sneaky sneaky :cool:

Total thread killer! haha so out last night got chatting to loads of guys, at the bar and smoking area, just by smiling and saying "hi" made a conscious effort not to miss anybody's efforts and ended up having a great night, wish ye had be there to witness it, even did the laughing and touching the arm jobby...very proud of myself so I am, :D oh and I initiated exchanging numbers with one guy in case we "lost each other" heh heh heh sneaky sneaky :cool:

Well done! Did you have fun?

Are you going to get in touch with yer man so??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

nice move!!;)
    and WELL DONE YOU!!!

Well done! Did you have fun?

Are you going to get in touch with yer man so??
    thanks you guys! So I saved my number in his phone and then he rang me to make sure it was right, later (forgetting) I saw a missed call from an unsaved number and texted "who's that" then remembered and told him as he was beside me but his phone was dead, sooo it just delivered about a half an hour ago...what to do!? Will I text him and say what? perhaps something to do with the fact that he gave me a tenner towards my taxi, even though I had enough money but he insisted and said I could get him a drink with it today? It might be an ego killer that text delivering today asking who he is so I should probably say something

thanks you guys! So I saved my number in his phone and then he rang me to make sure it was right, later (forgetting) I saw a missed call from an unsaved number and texted "who's that" then remembered and told him as he was beside me but his phone was dead, sooo it just delivered about a half an hour ago...what to do!? Will I text him and say what? perhaps something to do with the fact that he gave me a tenner towards my taxi, even though I had enough money but he insisted and said I could get him a drink with it today? It might be an ego killer that text delivering today asking who he is so I should probably say something

Hmmm thats a little odd, giving you money for your taxi, is it not? If I was you I'd text explaining the message you sent last night. just so he knows. Do you like the guy?? If you do I'd say make the message happy and flirty, but not needy at all..... Do you want to meet him for a drink today?

Oh and are you goin along to tLL beers?

Hmmm thats a little odd, giving you money for your taxi, is it not? If I was you I'd text explaining the message you sent last night. just so he knows. Do you like the guy?? If you do I'd say make the message happy and flirty, but not needy at all..... Do you want to meet him for a drink today?

Oh and are you goin along to tLL beers?

We shared the taxi some of the way but he lives in a different direction and was probably hoping we'd end up going home together but anyway after a bit he hopped into a separate taxi to go the rest of the way home(these things make sense at ungodly hours). So it kinda makes sense to give something towards the fare and Id say he was just paying too much to give a good impression. The first taxi we got into got pulled over by the cops for breaking a red light! So we hopped out of that one! That means he took 3 taxis home!! ha ha maybe say something about that? doubt he'll remember what I'm on about though!

Yeah I like him but not sure about meeting him today, hungover is not a good look :pac:

I'll have to check out tLL beers havent seen the details yet.

We shared the taxi some of the way but he lives in a different direction and was probably hoping we'd end up going home together but anyway after a bit he hopped into a separate taxi to go the rest of the way home(these things make sense at ungodly hours). So it kinda makes sense to give something towards the fare and Id say he was just paying too much to give a good impression. The first taxi we got into got pulled over by the cops for breaking a red light! So we hopped out of that one! That means he took 3 taxis home!! ha ha maybe say something about that? doubt he'll remember what I'm on about though!

Yeah I like him but not sure about meeting him today, hungover is not a good look :pac:

I'll have to check out tLL beers havent seen the details yet.

Oh got ya now. I just thought you meant at the end of the night he was seeing you off in a taxi, and he gave you money for it.

Ya maybe wait til tomorrow to meet up then, I know what you mean about the hangover thing. But maybe you could text him. He probably does remember the taxi thing. text him about anything, i'm sure you'll get a good response.

Was just wondering about tLL beers cos I'm going (I think BumbleB said he was too) and I saw you're in Dublin, and thought it'd be good if you were. We could flirt with all the guys in the place together! :D

We could flirt with all the guys in the place together! :D

Ha ,Ha ,Ha !!!!I'd pay good money to see that. I have to say you two girls are the most entertaining girls I have come across.You 2 would be irrepressable !!! Thelma and Louise ...

:D:D:D

Ha ,Ha ,Ha !!!!I'd pay good money to see that. I have to say you two girls are the most entertaining girls I have come across.You 2 would be irrepressable !!! Thelma and Louise ...

:D Don't you get me flirting again here.....

Never seen Thelma and Louise so don't know if that's a compliment or not... well if we're both there we probably wouldn't be hard to miss... well plus you'll probably be one of the guys we try it on with..;)

Ya maybe wait til tomorrow to meet up then, I know what you mean about the hangover thing. But maybe you could text him. He probably does remember the taxi thing. text him about anything, i'm sure you'll get a good response.

Just said "Hey ****, how are you after last night? Hope that third taxi got you home safely. Yourself x" Nothing back yet :rolleyes:
    Was just wondering about tLL beers cos I'm going (I think BumbleB said he was too) and I saw you're in Dublin, and thought it'd be good if you were. We could flirt with all the guys in the place together! :D

Danger Danger! Yeah I'll head along if I can, my Birthday's 21st so if its then I'll be the one with the cake!

All major credit cards accepted, actually buy us a round :pac:
    Compliment me thinks(except the part where they drive off a cliff!), never watched it either but heard theyre cool, Id say we'll be disciplined if the mod shows up that night...steer clear of anyone with a whip!
    :D Don't you get me flirting again here.....

Never seen Thelma and Louise so don't know if that's a compliment or not... well if we're both there we probably wouldn't be hard to miss... well plus you'll probably be one of the guys we try it on with..;)

You tell him girl!

Just said "Hey ****, how are you after last night? Hope that third taxi got you home safely. Yourself x" Nothing back yet :rolleyes:

Well that sounds very ok. Let us know if he gets back to you
    Danger Danger! Yeah I'll head along if I can, my Birthday's 21st so if its then I'll be the one with the cake!

Better bring enough cake for all!
    All major credit cards accepted, actually buy us a round :pac:
    Compliment me thinks(except the part where they drive off a cliff!), never watched it either but heard theyre cool, Id say we'll be disciplined if the mod shows up that night...steer clear of anyone with a whip!

Ya you better buy us a drink or we won't flirt with you! :D In the meantime I think you'd better send us a picture so we know what you look like, and can prepare ourselves for you.... Ooh that almost sounds dirty....

Back on topic anyway, I'm wondering whatever about girls coming onto guys in clubs etc, how many guys get asked out in the unforgiving light of day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭johanz

Only the girls that crave for nerds come to me. So yeah, never happened to me :D

• Advertisement

johanz wrote: »
    Only the girls that crave for nerds come to me. So yeah, never happened to me :D

awh.... I'm sure there are girls that fancy you.

I've been noticing lately that it only seems to be older men that are interested in me. not really lads my own age. Wonder why that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭johanz

awh.... I'm sure there are girls that fancy you.

I've been noticing lately that it only seems to be older men that are interested in me. not really lads my own age. Wonder why that is.
    By "older men" you mean...?

johanz wrote: »
    By "older men" you mean...?

Men that are a few years older than me... ? like at least 7/8 years older

Men that are a few years older than me... ? like at least 7/8 years older

Thats a fair bit older, though they usually have more sense when they're a bit older, mind me asking you your age?

I'm 26. so I know it's not really an age where it'd be such a big deal, but it is to me. I do want a partner to be mature, and be at a point where they've grown up a bit from the early twenties, but i think that's a little too old for me. Though the ones that have been interested (and older) I haven't fancied at all, so maybe that's more the problem.

Did yer man get back to you yet??

yeah I know what you mean, its the not fancying them that'd be problem number one, Id say 3/4 years older is plenty of time for them to have matured and be looking for the same things, but sure you dont really want anyone anyway, just a kitten with a ball of string hee hee!:rolleyes:

Also the coming onto guys in broad daylight thing, they so wouldnt get subtle hints cos I'd say it'd come completely out of nowhere for them. You'd have to be quite direct Id say.

I totally fancy my butcher for ages and he's always really chatty, looking deep into my eyes and that but for all I know he could be taken/married, keep trying to think up lines like "how does your girlfriend like your meat" (but less durty! hahaha) This is going on over a year, last Friday when I was leaving the shop he even yelled after me to have a good weekend, thought that might have been a special effort, he could be just friendly or trying to make his day go faster or it could all be in my head, or whatever, but Id love to know where he goes out so I could weigh things up but mainly to pounce! :pac: heh heh heh

Did yer man get back to you yet??

not a dicky bird... :(

yeah I know what you mean, its the not fancying them that'd be problem number one, Id say 3/4 years older is plenty of time for them to have matured and be looking for the same things, but sure you dont really want anyone anyway, just a kitten with a ball of string hee hee!:rolleyes:

Also the coming onto guys in broad daylight thing, they so wouldnt get subtle hints cos I'd say it'd come completely out of nowhere for them. You'd have to be quite direct Id say.

I totally fancy my butcher for ages and he's always really chatty, looking deep into my eyes and that but for all I know he could be taken/married, keep trying to think up lines like "how does your girlfriend like your meat" (but less durty! hahaha) This is going on over a year, last Friday when I was leaving the shop he even yelled after me to have a good weekend, thought that might have been a special effort, he could be just friendly or trying to make his day go faster or it could all be in my head, or whatever, but Id love to know where he goes out so I could weigh things up but mainly to pounce! :pac: heh heh heh

Well if it's goin on for that long you should find a way to get round to asking him where he goes out, or is he goin out this weekend... But maybe don't ask how's his meat! :D

Ya 3 years older is old enough for me. there just doesn't seem to be any guys around anywhere that are that age. it's a phenomenon. well i may be a kitten with a ball of string, but if someone that fitted into what I want came along then I might be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Yeah girls used to do this to me alot at wezz, I remember scoring 20 girl one night there.

• Advertisement

Well if it's goin on for that long you should find a way to get round to asking him where he goes out, or is he goin out this weekend... But maybe don't ask how's his meat! :D

Nothin' like a bitta meat! I think a trip to the butchers is on the cards for tomorrow!
    Ya 3 years older is old enough for me. there just doesn't seem to be any guys around anywhere that are that age. it's a phenomenon. well i may be a kitten with a ball of string, but if someone that fitted into what I want came along then I might be interested.

Perhaps someone with Dreadlocks?! ;)

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Yeah girls used to do this to me alot at wezz, I remember scoring 20 girl one night there.

You must be one good lookin fecker....
    Nothin' like a bitta meat! I think a trip to the butchers is on the cards for tomorrow!

Well be sure n let me know if you do find out where he goes, or even better if he asks you are you heading out.... :D
    Perhaps someone with Dreadlocks?! ;)

Eugh! no way....

Well be sure n let me know if you do find out where he goes, or even better if he asks you are you heading out.... :D

haha I love your complete faith in a fairytale ending, especially when youre on my team! roll on tLL beers!

Eugh! no way....
    yes they are rank, just meant they're like string! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Fantastic thread guys, keep the stories coming.

I too am a single girl, but have been living abroad for the past while, (returning in Sept,) and am a wee bit wary of hitting the Irish scene again. I've had the chance to sample the social scene in a lot of places and honestly Ireland seems to be one of the stranger ones.

When I left I was a lot more naive and stand offish but travelling has really opened my eyes on the whole girl approaching the guy thing. This is standard practice in many latin countries and flirting in general seems to be taken in a very light hearted way, none of this *dirty look* "What are you doing talking to me?" nonsense (which personally I find ridiculous)

Ladies,I found that for success with the Irish guys, the number one tool is a smile. I had a bit of a thing for not smiling as I have dimples that Im not very fond of but gave it a go anyway. The results were amazing. ;) Random guys coming up and saying things like, "Well at least someone around here is happy" or "Just wanted to say its nice to see you smile" etc, nothing groundbreaking but a conversation starter all the same.

My other little trick, which I know doesn't fall under the "approaching the guy" heading, is walking around a little on your own. (Adding a slightly lost look helps) Guys seem to automatically start coming up to you, hey presto conversation starter "Oh, I can't find my friends, maybe I could stay with you for a sec while I look" I reckon not being in a pack is a huge help for allowing guys to approach you at least without an audience. :P

Also, I'm loving this slight nod to beckon over, I would never have thought of it and while its subtle and requires little risk, it sounds like it could be really effective! Will try this the next time I'm out. ;)

haha I love your complete faith in a fairytale ending, especially when youre on my team! roll on tLL beers!

I do have faith in the fairytale ending.... it has to happen! You sound confident and out there, so I've faith in you! Must go out again soon myself and see if I can find some age-appropriate men! :D Then I can tell you my stories...

Mackleton wrote: »
    Fantastic thread guys, keep the stories coming.
    Ladies,I found that for success with the Irish guys, the number one tool is a smile. I had a bit of a thing for not smiling as I have dimples that Im not very fond of but gave it a go anyway. The results were amazing. ;) Random guys coming up and saying things like, "Well at least someone around here is happy" or "Just wanted to say its nice to see you smile" etc, nothing groundbreaking but a conversation starter all the same.

My other little trick, which I know doesn't fall under the "approaching the guy" heading, is walking around a little on your own. (Adding a slightly lost look helps) Guys seem to automatically start coming up to you, hey presto conversation starter "Oh, I can't find my friends, maybe I could stay with you for a sec while I look" I reckon not being in a pack is a huge help for allowing guys to approach you at least without an audience. :P

Also, I'm loving this slight nod to beckon over, I would never have thought of it and while its subtle and requires little risk, it sounds like it could be really effective! Will try this the next time I'm out. ;)

I love the 'looking lost' idea, though I think I'd just look worried...:o

I know the smiling thing is what men like, but I generally smile when I have a reason to. my face just isn't naturally smiley, if ya get what i mean? The last night I was out, a guy in the group said 'you'd look pretty/prettier if you smiled more'. Dunno if he said pretty or prettier. but I was like eff off, if I've a reason to smile I will, I'm not putting on anything. Though I was self conscious whenever I did smile after that.

As for the nodding thing, that is very risky...! plus I've not been in a situation where I could do that anyway.

I do have faith in the fairytale ending.... it has to happen! You sound confident and out there, so I've faith in you! Must go out again soon myself and see if I can find some age-appropriate men! :D Then I can tell you my stories...

Im the same, I totally believe in magic, not magician magic but romantic fairytale magic, fate and that just sucks when the rest of the universe wont go the final furlong! hahaha :rolleyes:

yeah get yourself out there, nothin like a good story!

I think if youre doing a hobby or something and you meet someone hot who enjoys the same things it'd be a less tense environment to strike up a conversation about stamp collecting etc
    I love the 'looking lost' idea, though I think I'd just look worried...:o

Ah the ol' damsel in distress move, Ive done that to, if it goes pear-shaped you can just yell "Oh there are my friends! Thanks!" and run away! hahaha
    I know the smiling thing is what men like, but I generally smile when I have a reason to. my face just isn't naturally smiley, if ya get what i mean? The last night I was out, a guy in the group said 'you'd look pretty/prettier if you smiled more'. Dunno if he said pretty or prettier. but I was like eff off, if I've a reason to smile I will, I'm not putting on anything. Though I was self conscious whenever I did smile after that.

As for the nodding thing, that is very risky...! plus I've not been in a situation where I could do that anyway.

Reminds me of that song Shawn Mullins -Lullaby, :p maybe he was trying to breach copyright and woe you...

"She still lives with her mom outside the city
    Down that street about a half a mile
    And all her friends tell her, she's so pretty
    But she'd be a whole lot prettier
    If she smiled once in a while

'cause ever her smile looks like a frown
    She's seen her share of devils
    In this angel town"

You have the nodding tool in your 'pulling' utility belt now so use it when the opportunity arises! :cool:

• Advertisement

Im the same, I totally believe in magic, not magician magic but romantic fairytale magic, fate and that just sucks when the rest of the universe wont go the final furlong! hahaha :rolleyes:

yeah get yourself out there, nothin like a good story!

I think if youre doing a hobby or something and you meet someone hot who enjoys the same things it'd be a less tense environment to strike up a conversation about stamp collecting etc

Ah the ol' damsel in distress move, Ive done that to, if it goes pear-shaped you can just yell "Oh there are my friends! Thanks!" and run away! hahaha

Reminds me of that song Shawn Mullins -Lullaby, :p maybe he was trying to breach copyright and woe you...

"She still lives with her mom outside the city
    Down that street about a half a mile
    And all her friends tell her, she's so pretty
    But she'd be a whole lot prettier
    If she smiled once in a while

'cause ever her smile looks like a frown
    She's seen her share of devils
    In this angel town"

You have the nodding tool in your 'pulling' utility belt now so use it when the opportunity arises! :cool:

You're a funny one! I'll get up tomorrow now, and be wondering all day about your butcher man... hehe

Maybe that's what your man was getting at, there's a chance he fancied me i suppose, but then he was in his forties :rolleyes: What is it with me!!?

I'm trying to find hobbies, to get myself out there in general, i just don't have many interests... meh..

The nodding thing, I meant I've never (as far as I can remember) had a lad eyeing me up from across the room, so have never been in the situation to be nodding at them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

You must be one good lookin fecker....

:rolleyes: Now thats how you get a girl to come on too you guys;)

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Now thats how you get a girl to come on too you guys;)

Ironically enough, you're the one guy I wasn't coming onto in here....

You're a funny one! I'll get up tomorrow now, and be wondering all day about your butcher man... hehe

Maybe that's what your man was getting at, there's a chance he fancied me i suppose, but then he was in his forties :rolleyes: What is it with me!!?

I'm trying to find hobbies, to get myself out there in general, i just don't have many interests... meh..

The nodding thing, I meant I've never (as far as I can remember) had a lad eyeing me up from across the room, so have never been in the situation to be nodding at them :)

Its probably just a phase, or do you wear an older lady's fragrance that lures in the oldies? :P

Have a think about your interests, everyone likes stuff. Is there anything that you've always said you'd love to do or seemed pretty cool and just go for it. Im not actively involved in anything at the moment either so I know what you mean, going to start a course in September though so hopefully it'll be bursting with awesome people!

Before (this thread) I was quite dismissive of any minor attention/effort guys gave me but I was so much more aware of everyone last night, Id say close to ten guys gave me a passing "Hi/Hello" throughout the night, I even got a "wow" almost straight after I walked in, this time I took it as a compliment of my efforts rather than dismissing it as 'some sarcastic dude suggesting that Im fat' hahahaha :pac:

Ironically enough, you're the one guy I wasn't coming onto in here....
    Maybe you lost all your mojo.:p...

• Advertisement
Advertisement