Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls coming onto guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

Ironically enough, you're the one guy I wasn't coming onto in here....

Maybe thats what happened with the other 20 girls too :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Yourself wrote: »

Before (this thread) I was quite dismissive of any minor attention/effort guys gave me but I was so much more aware of everyone last night, :pac:

Why was that ? Interesting ?. JC if some people would actually open their eyes there would be a lot less Irish women are b**ches threads.aid this before .I'm repeating myself The bar counter and the smoking area is gold for meeting people.Irish women aren't b**ches it just when the wrong approach is used.

BumbleB wrote: »
    Why was that ?. JC if some people would actually open their eyes there would be a lot less Irish women are b**ches threads.aid this before .I'm repeating myself The bar counter and the smoking area is gold for meeting people.Irish women aren't b**ches it just when the wrong approach is used.

For the passing "hi" Id just figured one of the following:

~he's saying hi to anyone/everyone its not that he likes me particularly (fishing with a net rather than a line)
    ~he's not interested enough to talk to me properly
    ~did he say something?
    ~he's not talking to me but someone close by
    ~by the time Id realised, he had passed by
    ~or if he's really hot Id think he couldnt possibly like me and was taking the p*ss for a comical 'she thinks she could have me' reaction

Im not sure if the rest of that post was aimed at me because Im not sure what you mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

my face just isn't naturally smiley, if ya get what i mean?

Though I was self conscious whenever I did smile after that.

QUOTE]

i get what you mean exactly:P, im a guy, there about 2 weeks ago i was in the nightclub and i guess my face just isn't smiley:(! but anyway, one of the lads was talking to this girl he went to school with. while he was chatting away, myself and one of the other lads were chatting away and one of yer wans friends came over to us and said, completley out of the blue, 'god, ye look awful depressed'! couldn't help but laugh in fairness but after that i try to smile sometimes but keep thinking that i look like an awful tool when i do :(!

she also started rubbing up against me from behind a few minutes after i was talking to her.. as in the first few posts at the start of this thread, i knew what she was doing, i just wasn't interested as the other fella was upset as he lost a close relation during the week..

if the rest of that post was aimed at me because Im not sure what you mean
    Not at all aren't yourself doing fabulous !!! , me ranting bout ****e again :).

clarke1991 wrote: »
    'god, ye look awful depressed'!

She probably hit the nail on the head with that comment! :rolleyes:
    she also started rubbing up against me from behind a few minutes after i was talking to her.. as in the first few posts at the start of this thread, i knew what she was doing, i just wasn't interested as the other fella was upset as he lost a close relation during the week..

Maybe ye can reconvene at a more suitable date!
    It's not , me ranting bout ****e again :)

Okay so ...there there Bumble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

clarke1991 wrote: »
    i get what you mean exactly:P, im a guy, there about 2 weeks ago i was in the nightclub and i guess my face just isn't smiley:(! but anyway, one of the lads was talking to this girl he went to school with. while he was chatting away, myself and one of the other lads were chatting away and one of yer wans friends came over to us and said, completley out of the blue, 'god, ye look awful depressed'! couldn't help but laugh in fairness but after that i try to smile sometimes but keep thinking that i look like an awful tool when i do :(!

Grrr.... it's just pisses me off when people say that. like, if you've a reason to smile you will! Maybe I'm just not enough of a frickin air head that smiles and laughs at everything! grrr.

Maybe you lost all your mojo.:p...

I wasn't flirtin with him cos he seems like a bit of an eejit, sayin i had 20 girls in one night... who does that. so don't you worry lovey, i got my mojo....;)

Oh and I read what you said about your goatee in tLL thread.... better grow one for the beers ..... but then again, maybe it'd be too dangerous.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Haha, lovin' this thread, lots of pearls of wisdom mingled with excellent anecdotes =)

I'm an extremely smiley guy myself, often get comments like 'you're smiling an awful lot tonight', it's just the way I am, really enjoy having a bit of a smile and a giggle to/at myself if there's not much else going on =P

But even though I'd be mostly smiling anyway I think comments like 'if only you'd smile' or 'you look awful depressed' are ridiculous. If someone wants me or anyone else to smile, they should earn it by saying/doing something cool/funny/nice not by whinging about it!

That said, I can't recommend smiling enough, it genuinely does make you feel happier / more upbeat *, even if it's forced at first. And people around react to it and everyone's mood goes up =)

* within reason, obviously not a suggestion for someone who's grieving or whatever, but to lift a mood from just ok to great, perfect. Also there have been studies into this and the link between feelings and their display is bidirectional, not one way =)

That's all, carry on with ye're pulling now =P

Grrr.... it's just pisses me off when people say that. like, if you've a reason to smile you will! Maybe I'm just not enough of a frickin air head that smiles and laughs at everything! grrr.

Or it will never happen ,well it really has.

I wasn't flirtin with him cos he seems like a bit of an eejit, sayin i had 20 girls in one night... who does that. so don't you worry lovey, i got my mojo....;)

The wez was a good ole spot in the day in fairness.I actually meant to quote yer man.

Oh and I read what you said about your goatee in tLL thread.... better grow one for the beers ..... but then again, maybe it'd be too dangerous.. :)
    Are you stalking me ;) ?.

It really happened ,not since though ,can't really top that I was kinda in total confusion.

Hey its the weekend , any girls thinking about coming onto guys?.Don't be shy:).

Are you stalking me ;) ?

Some might call it enjoying you..... :D
    Seriously though, no I'm not.I wrote on that thread too, so I got an email, as one does.

Oh how I wish I could stalk you though.... ;) rawr...!
    It really happened ,not since though ,can't really top that I was kinda in total confusion.

Was she pretty though? that is quite weird. maybe it was a bet... or maybe you're just that gorgeous?!

• Advertisement

Some might call it enjoying you..... :D
    Seriously though, no I'm not.I wrote on that thread too, so I got an email, as one does.
    Oh how I wish I could stalk you though.... ;) rawr...!
    Youll need night vision goggles and a fast shutter action camera to catch me :D

Was she pretty though? that is quite weird. maybe it ,was a bet... or maybe you're just that gorgeous?!

Yea she was pretty ,pretty weird. Probably was a bet, never entered my mind until you mentioned it.Either way it was really good ,I liked !!!!!!!!! .I had my fun.

Youll need night vision goggles and a fast shutter action camera to catch me :D

already have them...... don't you worry

Yea she was pretty ,pretty weird. Probably was a bet, never entered my mind until you mentioned it.Either way it was really good ,I liked !!!!!!!!!.I had my fun.

You like girls randomly kissing you eh? hmmmm...... you do realise I'm going to tLL meet up too.... ya? I see what you're getting at ;)

I miss the flirting..... :(

I'm just thinking though, is flirting just innuendo a lot of the time? besides that, it's just being friendly surely?

And Yourself, did anything happen with the butcher fella??

I'm just thinking though, is flirting just innuendo a lot of the time? besides that, it's just being friendly surely?
    ??
    The flirt Is the dance .

And Yourself, did anything happen with the butcher fella??

Didnt get to the butchers yet, crazy busy weekend! I'll pop in tomorrow, it'll be quieter then too! :D no word from other bloke but like said here probably not looking for anything or just a one nighter, s*cks for me tho :(
    The flirt Is the dance .

Flirting is also sometimes foreplay...life is short! ;)

ps. anyone else hate the 'wink' icon? looks like the eyelid has closed over the bottom part of the eye, as if the closed lid was baggy or something! hahaha perhaps its just me

ps. anyone else hate the 'wink' icon? looks like the eyelid has closed over the bottom part of the eye, as if the closed lid was baggy or something! hahaha perhaps its just me

trust you and your dirty mind to pick up on that Lol ! Yep I agree the wink looks like the wink from a durty oul fella .

Didnt get to the butchers yet, crazy busy weekend! I'll pop in tomorrow, it'll be quieter then too! :D no word from other bloke but like said here probably not looking for anything or just a one nighter, s*cks for me tho :(

Ah don't mind him. obviously not worth it. ooh hope the butchers goes well for ya.

I'd like to be more confident to flirt a lot IRL. problem is i suppose that it might work, on someone i'm not interested in. There's a distinct lack of good looking men around these parts.... so not like i can flirt with some one i might like :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

There's a distinct lack of good looking men around these parts....

Really?
    I like those odds......

Galvasean wrote: »
    Really?
    I like those odds......

Well come on over here then...... maybe send on a picture first ;):D

• Advertisement

Not satisfied with my Avatar?
    Actually when is this LL thing? Havent been to that forum in what seems like ages. And are blokes allowed attend? Last time I was there everyone was giving out that too many blokes were going to the beers.

Not satisfied with my Avatar?
    Actually when is this LL thing? Havent been to that forum in what seems like ages. And are blokes allowed attend? Last time I was there everyone was giving out that too many blokes were going to the beers.

Well as much as your avatar shows everything I like in a man, I was hoping for a close up.....

The LL date hasn't been decided on yet. There's loads of lads already after saying they're going to go... you should come along ;)

Oh god I'll be worn out with my flirting between you and BumbleB

I suppose it's only fair if I post a pic since you asked...

35733_418191587664_549322664_4871664_5759718_n.jpg

oh.

Oh I see.

Am, ok, ......... maybe don't come visit then....

LOL, jk!

Better or worse?

36648_415734232664_549322664_4811530_7651535_n.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WORSE!

MY EYES, THEY BURN!!!!!
    :eek:

• Advertisement

*pulls out an emergency pic of Leonardo DiCaprio and hopes somebody believes me*

Nah........ don't believe you. and it wouldn't help anyway......wouldn't be into him myself...

so you going to go along to tLL beers?

AND to keep on topic (ahem) do you have any stories about girls coming on to you to share with us?

Nah........ don't believe you. and it wouldn't help anyway......wouldn't be into him myself...

Really? Well I'll be damned.
    so you going to go along to tLL beers?

Depends on when its on. Probably though.
    AND to keep on topic (ahem) do you have any stories about girls coming on to you to share with us?

Ah yes the topic. I actually have an example from last night. I was out and bumped into somebody from work and we were talking. A friend of hers was very flirty with me. However I was a tad freaked out in that she knew a lot about me despite us having never met before. Must have been sussing me out on facebook :eek:

So a tip for the girls, that aint sexy!

Ah yes the topic. I actually have an example from last night. I was out and bumped into somebody from work and we were talking. A friend of hers was very flirty with me. However I was a tad freaked out in that she knew a lot about me despite us having never met before. Must have been sussing me out on facebook :eek:

So a tip for the girls, that aint sexy!

Ya, that's a little creepy. Though would having looked at your boards posts be considered the same... ?? :o

Kinda flattering though, I suppose.

I wouldn't say the boards posts is quite the same. I'm one of those people that stands by everything I say on these boards. Heck I get spotted by strangers every once in a while who yell "Galvasean!" to see if I'll look around.
    I often check people's boards posts to 'suss them out' so to speak, to see exactly what kind of a person is adding me as a friend etc.
    I just found the Facebook thing a little bit creepy. I know it's technically public too but I wasnt expecting my back n' forths witha work colleague were being monitored.

edit: maybe creepy isn't the right word. 'Odd' is probably a better choice.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say the boards posts is quite the same. I'm one of those people that stands by everything I say on these boards. Heck I get spotted by strangers every once in a while who yell "Galvasean!" to see if I'll look around.
    I often check people's boards posts to 'suss them out' so to speak, to see exactly what kind of a person is adding me as a friend etc.
    I just found the Facebook thing a little bit creepy. I know it's technically public too but I wasnt expecting my back n' forths witha work colleague were being monitored.

I wouldn't do that, well I don't really know what you look like, and I don't know how to pronounce your username anyway.

I can creep away so, and not feel like a creep - teehee. I know what you mean about the facebook thing, I would kinda find it odd if someone i'd never met.... oh wait. no that has happened. And I didn't find it odd. For some reason because it was someone that had read my posts here it wasn't as odd as I would find it if it had been on facebook. hmmm.

So are you going to send me a proper picture of yourself? Or am I going to have to wait til the meet up..?

Oh god I'll be worn out with my flirting between you and BumbleB

LOL ! (a little one).

Wonder where is Yourself ,did she run off to live in bliss forever with butcher boy ?.;)

LOL ! (a little one).

Wonder where is Yourself ,did she run off to live in bliss forever with butcher boy ?.;)

Only a little one.... awh...

Let's hope she's been swept off her feet away to some exotic location being romanced to within her inches of her life! :D

Would you like to do some romancing BumbleB? ;)

Only a little one.... awh...

Let's hope she's been swept off her feet away to some exotic location being romanced to within her inches of her life! :D

Would you like to do some romancing BumbleB? ;)
    I would indeed my dear :D, its funny that the minute as I read romance on your post my Italian neighbours are screaming at each other and shes throwing delph at him ,its a fairly normal occurance round here.

I would indeed my dear :D, its funny that the minute as I read romance on your post my Italian neighbours are screaming at each other and shes throwing delph at him ,its a fairly normal occurance round here.

You could romance me so, if you like..... :D Though maybe we could get a picture of you too, to balance things out, as galvasean has done.....

I have neighbours like that too, you hear them almost constantly, if they're not shagging (terribly loudly) they're fighting (terribly loudly)....

You could romance me so, if you like..... :D Though maybe we could get a picture of you too, to balance things out, as galvasean has done.....

I'm afraid to, you might reject me as I have a hunchback, and I have only 1 of my own teeth.

I'm afraid to, you might reject me as I have a hunchback, and I have only 1 of my own teeth.

But that sounds like my ideal man! :D

Ah no, I know it's hard to put yourself out there... hasn't worked out too well for myself.. :(

Didn't make it to the butchers again today because I wasn't well :( I bet every butcher is watching this thread with quiet anticipation! hahaha

Sounds sweet, hopefully that will be his initial reaction...to sweep me off my feet! :p
    I have neighbours like that too, you hear them almost constantly, if they're not shagging (terribly loudly) they're fighting (terribly loudly)....

hahaha! love it! I remember a place I rented before and the walls were like paper, could hear the couple at it and used to make sex noises back at them hahaha it was a fun game

So are you going to send me a proper picture of yourself? Or am I going to have to wait til the meet up..?

I'll probably slap one up closer to the meet up date. There's a few in that Know Your Loungers thread. Good luck finding them though.

edit: actually the same pics are in the Know Your Nocturnals thread in the Nocturnal forum. You might have better luck there as the thread is smaller.

I'll probably slap one up closer to the meet up date. There's a few in that Know Your Loungers thread. Good luck finding them though.

edit: actually the same pics are in the Know Your Nocturnals thread in the Nocturnal forum. You might have better luck there as the thread is smaller.

Found it! In case anyone wants it here it is.

• Advertisement

Sweet merciful Jeebus, you work fast! :eek:

My speed impresses you eh? I work fast when I want to..... teehee. fantastic tan (or should I say tanfastic?)

I wouldn't do that, well I don't really know what you look like, and I don't know how to pronounce your username anyway.

I can creep away so, and not feel like a creep - teehee. I know what you mean about the facebook thing, I would kinda find it odd if someone i'd never met.... oh wait. no that has happened. And I didn't find it odd. For some reason because it was someone that had read my posts here it wasn't as odd as I would find it if it had been on facebook. hmmm.

I think Galvasean (possibly pronounced Galva-Sean) is going to be taking back the "standing by everything he says" comment, and found your archiving skills a bit frightening stupidusername! hahaha! (ps I was going to call you stupid there for short but realised that might cause offence!)

Gave us a sneak peek at Bumble's hat fetish too in the below link...heeheehee!
    hahaha! dont mess with stupidusername! :D

So Galva, is your hair long or short these days?

I think Galvasean (possibly pronounced Galva-Sean)

Correctomundo.
    So Galva, is your hair long or short these days?

Longest it's been in years. And surprisingly yellow too.

Correctomundo.

Yay me! *air five*
    Longest it's been in years. And surprisingly yellow too.

Awh! I liked it short! do you tie it back or resemble Jebus?

Yellow eh? that doesn't sound good!

Gave us a sneak peek at Bumble's hat fetish too in the below link...heeheehee!

Thanks Sean , GAME OVER :(.

Cheaters ! , I love hats. I'm an ex bboy and we all love hats, especially baseball hats.I have 3 trillion of them.

BTW Theres a more recent one in the very last page of the Know Your Loungers thread.

Yay me! *air five*

Yup, I've heard some odd pronounciations; "Gal-vis-ee-in" "Glass-nev-in" "Gav-is-con"
    Awh! I liked it short!

I'm under strict instructions from my female friends NEVER to cut it again.
    do you tie it back or resemble Jebus?

If anything it resembles this guys hair:
    3441247_std.jpg
    Yellow eh? that doesn't sound good!

Well, maybe not yellow, but blondish, like this guy:
    31938_399628417664_549322664_4390040_6614173_n.jpg

Thanks Sean , GAME OVER :(.

Cheaters ! , I love hats. I'm an ex bboy and we all love hats, especially baseball hats.I have 3 trillion of them.

BTW Theres a more recent one in the very last page of the Know Your Loungers thread.

which this one? 120797.jpg Is the top of your head cut off because youre wearing a crazy hat? I like hats too! Once had a house party which turned into a hat party because I had so many! hahaha! Wouldnt say I had THREE trillion though, probably more like 2.98 trillion! :pac:

Yup, I've heard some odd pronounciations; "Gal-vis-ee-in" "Glass-nev-in" "Gav-is-con"

I'm under strict instructions from my female friends NEVER to cut it again.

If anything it resembles this guys hair:
    3441247_std.jpg

Well, maybe not yellow, but blondish, like this guy:
    31938_399628417664_549322664_4390040_6614173_n.jpg

Are they your friends or just trying to chat you up? (ref: original post)

That long/short is alright with me!

blondish, like that guy? he's pretty cute :p

• Advertisement

Are they your friends or just trying to chat you up? (ref:original post)

You mean the girls who dont want me to cut my hair? Friends. They better not be trying to chat me up. :mad:
    blondish, like that guy? he's pretty cute :p

Crap, should have used a less attractive person. Now when you see me you'll be all like, "Ah, but he's not as nice as that blonde guy with the stick".

Advertisement