Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls coming onto guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

So Stupidusername,

Seeing as I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, how's this girls coming onto guys thing going then? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

So Stupidusername,

Seeing as I haven't been able to keep up with this thread, how's this girls coming onto guys thing going then? ;)

For me, in real life, not too well. I haven't got the balls to say something to a guy whilst sober anyway, kinda have while drinking alright. It's going better online. Well then again that may depend on how you'd define better. Haven't actually had anyone interested in me with all my flirting. PM'd someone saying I thought he looked cute in a picture he'd put up, and we chatted away. He tried to get me to send him on a picture of myself. Which I eventually did. But soon enough after that it kinda fizzled out. Not that I was expecting anything from it at all, but it wasn't a nice position to be in :(

Oh and the obligatory ;) to you, while I figure out if you're male or female...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yourself wrote: »
    That what you work at? 'Boom Operator' is a really cool title (haha "cool" so 90's)

Boom operator / sound recordist / location sound mixer. Whatever's going.
    All I'm saying is google image "James Van Der Beek" and compare to a Galvasean photo:p

Ah, you've spoiled the surpeese!

Oh and BTW, I'm not your toyboy... I'm just a sexy boy! :cool: (kudos to whoever gets the reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Galvasean wrote: »
    Oh and BTW, I'm not your toyboy... I'm just a sexy boy! :cool: (kudos to whoever gets the reference)

I will never forgive what he did to Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

BumbleB wrote: »
    [

Mammy warned me against girls like that ,this could be her,:eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_(film)

Furry pimpess hats are the future.
    I was hanging out on my ownio (sitting at the table at the very back of the section) ,tried to get my friends to come but they were working.

Yeah, cos you really DO have RL friends :pac:
    I got talking to some people (all of which were dead on) but not half as many as I would liked ,everybody seemed to have their own little circles ,would have made a huge difference if I had of brought a buddy.It;s much harder to work the room while you ron your own.

Totally agree, total click! I went with a friend who knew boardsies but I didnt know anyone, wasn't really in much of a social humour that night but needed to get out, ya know the way! Had a good few dances and lotsa offline people joined us haha! so that was fun!
    We missed you ;)

Awh, arent you just the sweetest!

A few friends of mine,met Will I Am and Fergie whilst being delayed in an airport she's not anything like her on screen persona.Unbelievably quiet.

Loved the way you edited down my quote and filled it with in with 'blah' :D thats exactly what I was thinking when I read it over!

awh..... poor you. I'll keep you company this time ;)

Wont someone please think of the head-wear! hahaha

You mean "Im not your boy toy!" hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hrm. I first thought of the old boom stick, then I thought of the new boom stick.

Totally agree, total click! I went with a friend who knew boardsies but I didnt know anyone, wasn't really in much of a social humour that night but needed to get out, ya know the way! Had a good few dances and lotsa offline people joined us haha! so that was fun!

Awh, I don't like the thought of it being all clicky :( poo on that
    Wont someone please think of the head-wear! hahaha

Ya I'm lookin for BumbleB to bring something for me, but he seems to be reluctant. I'm tellin ya, it's for your own benefit, I'll look a million times better with a beret! :D

Don't do it B. Women steal hats - FACT

• Advertisement

sssshh! quiet you. know your place. :pac:

BumbleB, who you gonna listen to... galvasean, with his manly manliness or me, good ol' stupy, with my flirtatious womanliness? Let's look at it from a logical point of view, which one of us would you most likely rather ......am, satisfy? :D

*whispers bring the beret*

The Gentlemen's Club? :p

The Gentlemen's Club? :p

:(

So women not welcome here any more?

BumbleB, who you gonna listen to... galvasean, with his manly manliness or me, good ol' stupy, with my flirtatious womanliness? Let's look at it from a logical point of view, which one of us would you most likely rather ......am, satisfy? :D

*whispers bring the beret*

This is true and...Women are bad for your health!
    Awh, I don't like the thought of it being all clicky :( poo on that

Ya I'm lookin for BumbleB to bring something for me, but he seems to be reluctant. I'm tellin ya, it's for your own benefit, I'll look a million times better with a beret! :D

It was all clicky last time but this time you and I will be teaming up to shake things up a little bit! :D ...and we have our groupies coming too...right boys!? ;)

:(

So women not welcome here any more?

Of course they are. I was just showing off the irony. :D
    ...and we have our groupies coming too...right boys!? ;)

I've never been called a groupie before... I'm not having sex with the band BTW. Galva don't play that way.

This is true and...
    Ok, well will you agree BumbleB to bring a beret for me if I promise to not steal it? :)
    It was all clicky last time but this time you and I will be teaming up to shake things up a little bit! :D ...and we have our groupies coming too...right boys!? ;)

Ya us four can be a click, and we'll click into everyone elses faces! YA!

• Advertisement

Of course they are. I was just showing off the irony. :D

I've never been called a groupie before... I'm not having sex with the band BTW. Galva don't play that way.

Ok so Galva, you can just toot your own horn then! :D

Every time someone mentions the gentlemans club on another forum, I always think "strip club"

Every time someone mentions the gentlemans club on another forum, I always think "strip club"

Actually there's a thread bout that in this forum!

I think it sounds so nice and posh! I'd love to go to a strip club though...

The date for tLL beers hasn't been decided yet. check it out over in tLL forum. I think it's between the 14th and the 21st of August.

Please Vote for the 14th, 21st is my Birthday so I wont be around that night, also much rather meet you all when Im that *ahem* year younger! ;)
    Actually there's a thread bout that in this forum!

Yeah I saw that one alright.
    I think it sounds so nice and posh! I'd love to go to a strip club though...

I do like the idea of a gentleman though, not many without disguise these days! :rolleyes:

I once tried to go to a strip club after a few beers with college friends (lads) but the doorman wouldn't let me in, he said the girls didn't like to dance with other girls there, (nobody went in then, they went back the following week without me) I presume its cos other girls watching might get annoyed at 'their' man or at the dancer dancing for 'their' man and start a fight or something!
    Made me feel like a right perv tho, I just wanted to pick up some tips...not in the monetary sense, in dance style sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

cocoa wrote: »
    lol, has anyone ever guessed your age correctly? Beware ladies, he uses special unguents and ointments...
    Only two people ever, both women haha:pac: I may issue that as a challenge...answer me these, questions three? :P
    I was there, kept a low profile , I think I managed near invisibility.:)
    The thing is, now Frodo's gonna be really annoyed that you stole his cloak and cannot get into Mordor and will have to live with Sam forever and ever and ever....:pac:
    I was thinking "Boomstick" operator all the time anyway hehe, sure why not...
    Ah, you've spoiled the surpeese!
    Oh no...I forget where I heard this one :(
    Got it right away...old skool fan here;)

• Advertisement

Please Vote for the 14th, 21st is my Birthday so I wont be around that night, also much rather meet you all when Im that *ahem* year younger! ;)

OH NO! I can't handle the two of them by myself!! :eek: :D

OH NO! I can't handle the two of them by myself!! :eek: :D
    Everyone loves a try-er :pac:

Everyone loves a try-er :pac:

Ok, well in that case let me at them!

So MoN tell us, have you ever had girls approaching you?

Ok, well in that case let me at them!

So MoN tell us, have you ever had girls approaching you?
    Its usually the case yeah, I'll link you to my post in this thread to save the time of having to type it up again:)

Here ya go

Once you've read it, does that surprise you at all?

Oops sorry about that. Ok well I've read it. Ya it does surprise me, quite a bit. didn't realise it would happen that often.

Just wondering now though, is it possible girls in Dublin are more outgoing than us 'country' girls? Possibly not, just a thought. Do you have any experience with girls outside of Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

They steal anything that remotely interesting ,sunglasses ,credit cards, BMW's 1/2 a house ,3/4 of a chicken mcnugget ,you name it.,
    This is true and...Women are bad for your health!
    Women should carry a warning on the back .:D

happy birthday!,if its a little early.:).

I just wanted to pick up some tips...not in the monetary sense, in dance style sense.
    Strippers dont have a clue how to dance ,Strip clubs are mundane to me .All that sexy stuff is so boring .Girl, do the fcuking robot ,now that would interest me :D.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My OH chatted me up at the bar at Oxegen in 2004. We liked each other and remained friends for years, getting married in 6 weeks.

So are you going to bring me in a beret? I absolutely promise not to steal it!

Have you voted for a date?

beertons wrote: »
    My OH chatted me up at the bar at Oxegen in 2004. We liked each other and remained friends for years, getting married in 6 weeks.

awh, what a lovely story. the problem is that this is probably a less likely outcome for most people, and so girls are still put off...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dude. My OH has loads of friends who are mad, oh yes, so mad to meet a good guy and settle down. Half of that just want a bit of "jiggy pokey" on a regular basis. And they can't get it. No matter how many nights of the week they go out. They approach the guys, and they still can't get it. And guys never seem to want to go up to them. They're not bet down either, they're gorgeous.

hmmmm..... that makes me think that maybe some guys don't like girls to approach them.... maybe they come off as desperate, as they sound kinda desperate anyway... so maybe it shows?

Or maybe some lads like to be the ones to chase

• Advertisement

They're not bet down either, they're gorgeous.

I have a great suggestion bring them all to the LL beers.:D

You whore! what about our double date?!

They steal anything that remotely interesting ,sunglasses ,credit cards, BMW's 1/2 a house ,3/4 of a chicken mcnugget ,you name it.

Half a house?! you'd be lucky! hahaha

happy birthday!,if its a little early.:).

Thank you! I'll be expecting the other half of the house as my gift sweetheart!

Strippers dont have a clue how to dance ,Strip clubs are mundane to me .All that sexy stuff is so boring .Girl, do the fcuking robot ,now that would interest me :D.

Ha ha! sexy stuff is boring! hahaha! I do like a challenge! :p

Yay! I love the robot! thought you were going to say "girl on girl on the other hand"...dunno why just thought you would

Congratulations! Well for some!
    Dude. My OH has loads of friends who are mad, oh yes, so mad to meet a good guy and settle down. Half of that just want a bit of "jiggy pokey" on a regular basis. And they can't get it. No matter how many nights of the week they go out. They approach the guys, and they still can't get it. And guys never seem to want to go up to them. They're not bet down either, they're gorgeous.

hmmmm..... that makes me think that maybe some guys don't like girls to approach them.... maybe they come off as desperate, as they sound kinda desperate anyway... so maybe it shows?

Or maybe some lads like to be the ones to chase

On a plate/in your face is not attractive! I know if a guy shows me too much interest, before I know if I do really click with him, I completely lose interest.

I was waiting for that! hahaha! or as another poster usually says "pics or gfo:)"

He just wants some eye candy to distract the other guys' attentions so he can have us all to himself!

you sneaky sneaky Bumble! x :rolleyes:

He just wants some eye candy to distract the other guys' attentions so he can have us all to himself!

OH! How did I not see this myself? sneaky thing... I like it ;)

Ya I must give up on this flirting thing, it's getting me down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

They steal anything that remotely interesting ,sunglasses ,credit cards, BMW's 1/2 a house ,3/4 of a chicken mcnugget ,you name it.

Ah now in fairness, a half house is a pretty durn interesting thing... I really hope it's just a top half with nothing underneath it, that'd be great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So are you going to bring me in a beret? I absolutely promise not to steal it!
    She's mentioned it so many times, it's almost a guarantee that it'll go missing on the night...:rolleyes:
    They're not bet down either, they're gorgeous.
    They're either looking in the wrong place, or the wrong age group. BTW, where do these women goto?
    On a plate/in your face is not attractive! I know if a guy shows me too much interest, before I know if I do really click with him, I completely lose interest.
    On a plate can be nice, as us guys don't always take subtle hints.

cocoa wrote: »
    Ah now in fairness, a half house is a pretty durn interesting thing... I really hope it's just a top half with nothing underneath it, that'd be great...

truck_house.jpg

I think everyone heard this divorce story. She got the truck and the house...he delivered the truck :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

truck_house.jpg

I think everyone heard this divorce story. She got the truck and the house...he delivered the truck :rolleyes:

And he probably got a couple of years jail as well.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    On a plate can be nice, as us guys don't always take subtle hints.

So I was at the bar chatting away to this HOT guy, and his friend was there too, almost standing between us, trying to get chatting to me.
    So Im getting on well with the hottie and the friend butts in..."He's only broken up with his girlfriend a week and a half!" :confused: So I asked the guy was that true, wondering what relevance this had to anything and hoping for a hint, he said "yeah that's true" looking at me in a kind of puppy dog way as if he'd just lost all of his chances. I was so peeved that his that his friend would do that and not just leave us in peace, not that I cared but it was so juvenile.
    So I put my hand on the back of the hot guys head and while saying "there there, you poor thing" pushed his face into my cleavage. When he finally came up for air he was ecstatic! :D He was asking me what I was drinking where was I sitting, etc etc hahaha! His friend was fuming! :cool: I just said "Its grand, have a good night" and walked away. haha good times

Haha well done! :D

Hate jealousy streaks that some people get when you are getting on well with someone on a night out, and it looks like you'll have some action and they wont, so try ruin it for you too...

Made me smile that did:)

Haha well done! :D

Hate jealousy streaks that some people get when you are getting on well with someone on a night out, and it looks like you'll have some action and they wont, so try ruin it for you too...

It's known as cock blocking. One of my friends is a bugger for doing this. Try to guess which one MoN (no dont post names here!)

It's known as cock blocking. One of my friends is a bugger for doing this. Try to guess which one MoN (no dont post names here!)
    Aye Cockblocking...forgot the feckin word for it lol!:p

If it is who I'm thinking it is...then tell em to stop, then give them your FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! face:D

P.S. George is such a loser...let us down big time:(

That he is..... Doesn't even know the proper layout of an aeroplane! :mad:

Ah yes, my FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! face....

9928_594078609937_39607682_35040775_4791398_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

wow, that's a face and a half!

• Advertisement

I'm not a whore>i'm a gigolo
    Half a house?! you'd be lucky! hahaha

Thank you! I'll be expecting the other half of the house as my gift sweetheart!

All youre getting is half a cheeseburger.:p
    Yay! I love the robot! thought you were going to say "girl on girl on the other hand"...dunno why just thought you would
    I'm a gentleman I'd never say that .
    On a plate/in your face is not attractive! I know if a guy shows me too much interest, before I know if I do really click with him, I completely lose interest,

I was waiting for that! hahaha! or as another poster usually says "pics or gfo:)"
    Thats right ,Yourself and stupidusername ,PICS OR GTFO!!!:D

I agree was in the chipper in my town and a girl tells me her friend is into me .I looked behind me and her friend was really fit but I thought was a little OTT. She got a little offended when I didn't really respond .

Youre far too clever for your own good ,babes.:D
    So I was at the bar chatting away to this HOT guy, and his friend was there too, almost standing between us, trying to get chatting to me.
    So Im getting on well with the hottie and the friend butts in..."He's only broken up with his girlfriend a week and a half!" :confused: So I asked the guy was that true, wondering what relevance this had to anything and hoping for a hint, he said "yeah that's true" looking at me in a kind of puppy dog way as if he'd just lost all of his chances. I was so peeved that his that his friend would do that and not just leave us in peace, not that I cared but it was so juvenile.
    So I put my hand on the back of the hot guys head and while saying "there there, you poor thing" pushed his face into my cleavage. When he finally came up for air he was ecstatic! :D He was asking me what I was drinking where was I sitting, etc etc hahaha! His friend was fuming! :cool: I just said "Its grand, have a good night" and walked away. haha good times

Great story , I remember being down in Carlow with an ex buddy and I was chatting to a girl .I went to the mens and when I came back the girl was telling me that my ex-friend was saying bad stuff about me .I dont know if it was true but I never trusted him after that.

Back to your post ,Ecstatic who wouldn't be !!!!!!!

Not getting any picture from me anyway, never posting a picture of myself again! don't know about Yourself though.

Not getting any picture from me anyway, never posting a picture of myself again! don't know about Yourself though.
    why ???.:(

am well just I've sent two pictures of myself on to someone (I'd commented on his picture saying he's very good looking) who asked repeatedly for them, and shortly after kinda gave up talking to me... so it's a form of rejection really. and it's not nice.

am well just I've sent two pictures of myself on to someone (I'd commented on his picture saying he's very good looking) who asked repeatedly for them, and shortly after kinda gave up talking to me... so it's a form of rejection really. and it's not nice.

Youre attaching a little bit too much importance to the result. Well you dont know the story about his status , maybe he might be interested but he cant take it further.You don't really know for sure ,not everybody was meant to be your friend or fancy the arse off you.

Put it down to experience , you sound like fun and FUN is good.Have fun and forget about rejection ,rejection comes hand in hand with success.

People think someone turning them down in a nightclub is a big deal but as a musician, I'll tell you what real rejection feels like ,going on stage and nobody feeling your music and having another 40 mins to go, for me thats worse than a knee in the ***** from Megan Fox.

• Advertisement
Advertisement