Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best plants to try and grow

Options
  • 06-07-2010 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi i want some kind of bush somethig that will grow quick i want to stop people climing over a wall in trough my garden ive put up a fense but i think it is only a matter of time before someone knocks it down to use my garden as a shout cut.

So i would like something that is sharp with torns or something and that will grow quick.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Hi i want some kind of bush somethig that will grow quick i want to stop people climing over a wall in trough my garden ive put up a fense but i think it is only a matter of time before someone knocks it down to use my garden as a shout cut.

So i would like something that is sharp with torns or something and that will grow quick.

Thanks
    a row of good thorny rose bushes, there are ones going that you could turn into a hedge, so that you will have a hedge of thorns. they do say every rose has a thorn:D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

Weeds. Never fail. Seriously though we use to have a hawthorn in our back yard. Eventually had to put a plank on top of it ,to stand on, when trimming it. It is also a dirt catcher but if you keep it narrow and not let it grow outwards it should stop rhino never mind anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Thanks

Take a look in your local Garden Centre for Berberis, plenty of varieties from which to choose, eg Berberis Darwinii

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Polynomial

Pyracantha ("Firethorn"!): vicious thorns, quick growing and beautiful berries in the Winter.

Advertisement