Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SharePoint 2010 - Microsoft Project Site template has gone A.W.O.L.

Options
  • 06-07-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

I want to set up a demo site using the Microsoft Project Site template

according to Microsoft it is an OOTB (if poorly documented) template in SharePoint 2010.

I thought I saw it earlier in the week from the Create site panel but now I can't find it and suspect that I must have seen it in a video presentation.

any help appreciated.

regards,

Gollem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

think its probably because I don't have MS Project installed on my desktop and it may have been on the PC I was looking at previously.

will check it out in the morning :)

I still haven't found what I'm looking for....

so any suggestions would be most welcome.

regards,

Gollem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You can add a project tasks list to a site when you click Site Actions, More Options and click lists.

After that, I think its possibly Project Server 2010 that adds that in. I can install it later and see what happens. I just checked on my SP2010 box there and there is no OOTB Project Site Template

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

And after installing MS Project Server 2010, the Microsoft Project site template is there.

cheers have been waiting on the admin to install Project Server since last week.

the documentation did seem to indicate that 'MS Project Site' was an OOTB template.

I suspected not - otherwise why would they have a Project Server product

btw: Looking at Surveys, Wiki and InfoPath at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There can be a lot to infopath but it's well worth getting to know. The amount of functionality you can give end users with just simple infopath forms and sharepoint designer workflows is staggering.

Advertisement