Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Capcom game (Darkstalkers Reboot?)

Options
  • 06-07-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

New Capcom fighter in the works,

Please please be Darkstalkers, (One of Ono's favourites ever apparently.)
    Link here
    Street Fighter 4 producer Yoshinori Ono is working on a new game and by the sound of things it's going to be mega.

On Saturday Ono tweeted: "Super SF4 on sale!! SuperSF4 is nothing compared to what's coming!!"

Last week Ono appeared to reveal that a project he presented to the big cheeses at Capcom Japan had been green-lit.

"I did it! My presentation was successful," Ono tweeted along with a picture of a smiling head of global R&D Keiji Inafune.

Speculation is rife that the game is a reboot of vampire fighting game Darkstalkers, a series Ono is known to love.

When asked by a follower about Darkstalkers, Ono replied: "I'm left speechless yet..... Shhhh."

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it's pretty much confirmed as a new Darkstalkers game and I for one couldn't be happier!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Paul you said you had a copy of one of the darkstalkers games and that it was good craic , would love to try it, deffo bring it to the next casual event or day of the champs or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Hoorah! I loves my Darkstalkers, despite my playing very little of it. Cant wait to see if this pans out!
    DS Chronicles on PSP is one of my most played titles on that yoke.

EDIT: Capcom Europe are also saying something about a huge announcement in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Nice, but then everyone will just play SF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I love the Vampire series, I dabbed in it a little for fun a while back but never took it on as a game full time. Personally I think this is great, can't wait for more updates on this

Hopefully a new gen fighting game I really like is on the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Please be 2D.
    Please don't have Ultras.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nice, but then everyone will just play SF4.
    You'd be surprised at how many of us are waiting for Marvel vs Capcom 3, and/or willing to dabble in KOF XIII.

Frankly if MVC3 got much play here after 6 months i'd be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Sisko wrote: »
    Paul you said you had a copy of one of the darkstalkers games and that it was good craic , would love to try it, deffo bring it to the next casual event or day of the champs or whatever.
    I've got em all.....but need a working Saturn to play the fecker. I've got the PsP, but it's simply not the same.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sisko wrote: »

It's on GGPO, should be easy enough for you to try it out there if you like. Good news, always thought Vamp series was fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Never played any of the Darkstalkers or Vampire Savior games, another series I wouldn't mind trying. B.B. Hood is the Best Character Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I never really got into this series. I did have DS3 on the PS2 (or was it the PS1?) but only ever played it casually, never tried to get good. I used B.B. Hood because I thought she was pretty cool in Marvel vs Capcom 2. She's Little Red Riding Hood with landmines and an Uzi, how much convincing could anyone need??

Those videos RopeDrink just posted don't really get the nostalgia juices flowing, either. If this does turn out to be Darkstalkers and I do get it, I probably wouldn't end up playing it much, so I probably won't bother get it.

Q-Bee was also cool from a stylistic point of view. Can't for the life of me remember how she played.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

1 hour till Capcom announce something. "1 hour till the adventure begins". Doubt it has anything to do with fighting games.

Yar, I was starting to feel that way. They've been dropping the word adventure a lot. Probably a Ghost n' Goblins yoke or something.

I hate the use of the word "adventure" in marketing, tends to foreshadow a painfully short and completely linear single player romp.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Link guys?

Jim wrote: »
    1 hour till Capcom announce something. "1 hour till the adventure begins". Doubt it has anything to do with fighting games.
    I remember around exactlt 5 years ago, Capcom had a huge fighting games announcement to make.....and everyone went into overdrive(COULD IT BE STREET FIGHTER 4????!!! etc.).

It ended up being some rubbish strategy game or something about the crusades or something.....

I was beyond dissappointed....they're not doing this to me again!!!!:mad::(:eek:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Link guys?
    Tis just on their Facebook page atm. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/capcomunity

http://twitter.com/CapcomEuro Their twitter account keeps updating with the countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Cvs3

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    Cvs3
    Wut???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

CvS3
    either this

OR

Strider

http://tapeitordie.com/

Uh. That was a little anti climactic.
    Looks to be just Dead Rising 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Dead Rising 2 is the big announcement? How, isnt that game out soon? Lame

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

lol

The Facebook page was pretty funny. Just a string of people going "WTF Capcom? WTF"

I've just called Rape crisis.......they said I'm beyond help.

Pathetic, how is that even worth mentioning, let alone hyping up as a big announcement?

Dead Rising is utter drivel anyway.

• Advertisement

Dead Rising is utter drivel anyway.

No.

Advertisement