Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help fast

Options
  • 06-07-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

hi guys i put in a new camera system for a guy. he has a old type system already in his house he now wants to me to put the old cameras on the new system but the leads are different. the old leads are a 6 pin s-video type they do power, video and sound. im not so worried about the sound. i need to convert them to the RCA type and i will use a bnc to connect to the dvr

i could really do with some help on this one!! im dealing with a tricky customer that owes me a good few quid.

any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

You should be able to make a breakout cable to convert from the s-video type plug to the other connections you need.

You might be able to buy a cable, but I wouldn't bet on it. Maplin or radionics should be able to sell you the connections you need.

A good option might be to find a cable that mates with the s-video type connector coming from the camera, then cut it and solder on the bnc + power ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

im thinking of cutting it and putting a rj45 jack on it into a balun and see if i can work it that way .

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

You could try a company called All Cables Ltd. You need to talk to Martin Rafferty there 01-4531233. He knows his stuff, he may be able to assist you with some sort of conversion kit that may sort what you need.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards.
    Aido 1976

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

Cut one of them and let us know what colours are in the core. Normally Red+, Yellow Video+ Screen gnd for power & video if no black present, however if black is present then this is power gnd. This is only going on what i have found so dont blame me if wrong.

Advertisement