Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bills

Options
  • 06-07-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm moving into a place next month with my fiancé and was wondering how much to plan paying for bills like ESB, heating, waste charges... Could anyone let me know what their charges for the month are for two people in relation to bills please?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

tufterween
    Obviously it'll depend on a number of factors like the size of the house, how many hours per day you're home etc but to give you an idea of the bills me and my husband pay for a 3 bed semi, both out all day.

gas: average of €50 a month. in summer it's a bit less, in winter a bit more but we budget this amount and it evens out. This is for central gas heating.

electricity: as above €50 a month, our cooking is electricity.

waste: €23 a month but I think this can vary alot depending on part of the country

tv: sky €32 a month(basic package without sports & movies)
    tv license: works out about €13 a month I think

house insurance: €34 a month

I think that's the main household ones but if you think of any others let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭tufterween

Okay thanks very much Shoppergal... gives us something to go by anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

tufterween wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm moving into a place next month with my fiancé and was wondering how much to plan paying for bills like ESB, heating, waste charges... Could anyone let me know what their charges for the month are for two people in relation to bills please?

Thanks guys

Hi, we are 2 persons living in 2 bedroom house in D1.
    Our bills are the following:

ESB 50 eur month (wintertime 100 eur due to electrical heating, we have 2 separate meters, one for day electricity and one for night electricity)

Home insurance 35 eur month

UPC digital value + package with multiroom 33 eur per month

Internet and phone, 24 mbs line from Magnet, 55 eur per month

Bin tags 14 eur per month

thats pretty much it..

Ok great... We will probably be moving to the Dublin 1 area so that's a great help.

Much less than I thought it would be!

Thanks

tufterween wrote: »
    Ok great... We will probably be moving to the Dublin 1 area so that's a great help.

Much less than I thought it would be!

Thanks

It all depends on your preferences, how warm you want the house to be, isolation etc..

The "night" electricity is a almost a must, if you have electric heating.
    Its basicly 1/2 of the normal price between 18-06.

• Advertisement

Ok that's great cus we probably won't be in the place until about 18.00 and will be leaving at about 7 or 8 am

We can manage without the heating on all the time... we have blankets and hot water bottles and stuff so that should be alright. Would we be better off getting electric heating or gas heating?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 164 ✭✭yogy

finnteme wrote: »
    The "night" electricity is a almost a must, if you have electric heating.
    Its basicly 1/2 of the normal price between 18-06.

The "night" rate is between 11pm and 8am, not 6pm and 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

finnteme wrote: »
    UPC digital value + package with multiroom 33 eur per month

Internet and phone, 24 mbs line from Magnet, 55 eur per month

Off the point a bit, but why don't you get your phone & broadband from UPC as well? Would save about €15 a month and give you faster 30mbs broadband.

We won't be needing a phone so we were going to get internet from 3G

beeno67 wrote: »
    Off the point a bit, but why don't you get your phone & broadband from UPC as well? Would save about €15 a month and give you faster 30mbs broadband.

Yes, that was the idea, but upc can delivery only tv to us, no internet+phone

• Advertisement

yogy wrote: »
    The "night" rate is between 11pm and 8am, not 6pm and 6am.

sorry, my mistake :) thats correct

Advertisement