Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Church on Firhouse Road

• 06-07-2010 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

went to this new church on Firhouse Road last Sunday and there was some serious happening music at it, it's not what i expected the place holds well over a thousand people in comfortable cinema type seats - none of your wooden benches here -anybody else been?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Bring it to the Religion forums mate...or even better the Agnostic and Atheist sections :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

If religious advertising has gone to including the comfort level of seats and quality of music then they must have finally given up on this god business, great! I think I'll join the first one that gives you steak for turning up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

went to this new church on Firhouse Road last Sunday and there was some serious happening music at it, it's not what i expected the place holds well over a thousand people in comfortable cinema type seats - none of your wooden benches here -anybody else been?

AFAIK that's a convention centre owned by a Born Again Christian organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭stephenshields2

Whats this got to do with instruments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

They must have been Satanists. Everyone know the devil has all the best tunes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

take it outside , god boy
    religion is for the terminally thick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The seats do sound comfy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

DaDumTish wrote: »
    take it outside , god boy
    religion is for the terminally thick

And you just did a great job of separating yourself from that category? :rolleyes:

yes , churchy
    your little roll eys aint fooling anyone.

DaDumTish wrote: »
    yes , churchy
    your little roll eys aint fooling anyone.

I don't believe in anything, but I understand that everyone has the right to believe what they like. I can't believe you think it's alright to talk to people the way you're doing on this thread.

Sounds cool that there's a Church putting effort into music. Western music as we know it came out of religion, anyway.

• Advertisement

yes , you can believe what you like - im firmly behind that

but , here is the kicker - I am entitled to have an opinion on that fact - and im firmly behind that as well .

a thinly disguised attempt at publicising a BAC church in an instruments forum deserves a slap IMO.

so hey , Mr Liberatus , if you want to get up on your high horse - knock yourself out .

im sure you will want to spend the rest of the week painfully posting extensive responses to this ,
    but i will add

I dont give a fcuk .

I'd agree with you - I didn't even notice that this was whitelightning's only post until now. So to clear up, there's a right way to deal with everything, and you haven't got a clue what that is. That's really why I posted here, because your ignorance is offending me. You could have a good argument if you weren't so arrogant. No class is all. Sorry for the confusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

El Pr0n wrote: »
    I don't believe in anything, but I understand that everyone has the right to believe what they like. I can't believe you think it's alright to talk to people the way you're doing on this thread.

Sounds cool that there's a Church putting effort into music. Western music as we know it came out of religion, anyway.

Actually you'd be surprised at some of the classic composers, some of them didn't really have much interest in religion.

I think it's a bit unfair to say music "came out" of religion, it's more it grew up in a culture that was dominated by religion, it's not as if most people could know any different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

this has gotten ridiculous

am i the only one who cares ut has comfy seats!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

If anyone wants to read more about this place that yer man was very unsubtley shilling....there's a very interesting thread about it from a while ago...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055660864

happy reading!

Jokes aside. I personally wouldn't like to give them the satisfaction of this thread getting any bigger. Since it's WAY off topic perhaps this would be a good time lock it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

Aye, passed the very place this morning
    epic-fail-church-centre-fail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

ball ox wrote: »
    haha

ball ox wrote: »