Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barred from a shop for being a "black magician"

Options
  • 06-07-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Today my friend and I went into a small spiritual and holistic-healing shop - you know, the type with stones, incense and Buddha statues etc. Within a few seconds of being there, the shopkeeper called us to the counter and told us that we would have to leave because we had "negative energy in our auras" or something along those lines. She handed us a sheet with "You are being barred from the shop __________ for one or all of the following reasons".

These were some of the reasons given:
    1. You're consciously or unconsciously doing black magic.
    2. Because of your undealt with issues from your childhood, many of these that you may not remember and through these someone is using your energy field to plant energy in the shop.
    3. You are an addict or in recovery.
    4. You are totally ungrounded, living in your head as a result of abuse which you may not remember.
    5. You are mentally unbalanced.

It also went on to say that:
    If you're part of a group whose aim is to close down this shop, ask yourself the question what gives me the right to participate in such activities? It's a bit like shoplifters attempting to close down the very shops they were caught shoplifting from.

At the end it states:
    If you believe we have done something wrong by barring certain individuals from the shop, how do you know that they are not doing what they have been barred for doing? What gives you the right to act on second-hand knowledge?

Do not return to the shop to protest your innocence or to attempt to persuade us that we are in error. Barred is barred.

Myself and my friend were not acting suspiciously. We were in the shop for merely a few seconds before the shopkeeper called us to the counter. Although it's kind of amusing, someone not quite as easy-going might find it very offensive. I'm just wondering is this actually legal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would have just told the shop keeper to fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

If they were a healing shop, do you think that they might have provided a way for you to deal with your unmistakeable issues?

Did they give you a number of a therapist that you clearly need?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I dont think there's anything illegal about being barred from a shop, I suspect the management have some rights to refuse admission.

Still, you had a lucky escape, at least you didn't waste any of your cash on that crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

kierank01 wrote: »
    If they were a healing shop, do you think that they might have provided a way for you to deal with your unmistakeable issues?

I suppose my energies must have been beyond repair. :pac:

It's strange that a shopkeeper can bar someone for such a strange reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

5. You are mentally unbalanced.

You should have pointed out the fact that the shopkeeper was in breach of his/her own rules, and demanded they leave the shop with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I would have given her a negative energy in her auras.

Should take a claim to the equality board say you are being discriminated against because your a black Wizard. But seriously no i don't think the law allows for some one to be barred for maybe suffering abuse as a child.

My intimidate response was to laugh at it but the more i look at the list from the barring page the more it disturbs me that these wackos can make claims like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Drake66

I suppose there may be some grounds for defamation but to be honest I would leave her and her auras to herself! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So, you were barred from a hocus pocus shop for hocus pocus reasons, is that about the size of it? TBH, I'd walk away from someone who is obviously that cracked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I would have said I've cursed her shop, might as well have some sort of fun with crazy like that

Cabaal wrote: »
    I would have said I've cursed her shop, might as well have some sort of fun with crazy like that

I regret not doing something like that now! We were just so surprised when she handed us the sheet and told us to leave. We didn't have time to read it until we were out of there. It is really funny but the stuff about being abused is not on really. It's a fairly small shop down a sidestreet so if she does that to the majority of the people that go in there the place won't last long!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Name and shame the shop :D we should get a group of people to go in with witch hats and wands :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

papa.jpg

Go back in there dressed like this and put a hex on her ass!!

and dont buy anything

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CrazySnakeLady

Everyone knows spiritual and holistic-healing is a pile of rubbish anyway so they probably randomly target people and do this just to imply they are "Reading Auras" but the truth is it's kinda like being the 1 million'th customer in Tescos, except in Tescos you win something whereas in spiritual and holistic-healing shops you get accused of "Bad Karma", they kicked you out to make it look good to all the other customers, I suggest changing clothes (Style of dress) for just one day for the laugh and go in again on your own and see if they kick you out again, bet if you were to wear a suit and tie they'd lick your ass and just be seeing euro signs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Put a hex on the shop with your obvious shamonic aura! mess up her feng shui big time.

bazza1 wrote: »
    Put a hex on the shop with your obvious shamonic aura! mess up her feng shui big time.

The best way to do this is to follow her home and when she falls asleep break into her house and rearrange her furnature, it'll totally screw up her ying and yang, place two mirrors facing each other and it'll totally freak her out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

If that's how she does business, it sounds like she could do with a good kick up the auras!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

lalee17 wrote: »
    Name and shame the shop :D we should get a group of people to go in with witch hats and wands :D.

Isn't this the point?Fantastic marketing....Crosswalk shows this list to all his/her friends and they go to the store to see if they are "welcome".......

....don't name the shop.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

That is flipping hilarious! Could you tell the name of the shop? I want to go in and see if I'm accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Isn't this the point?Fantastic marketing....Crosswalk shows this list to all his/her friends and they go to the store to see if they are "welcome".......

....don't name the shop.......
    z_topaz wrote: »
    That is flipping hilarious! Could you tell the name of the shop? I want to go in and see if I'm accepted.

Oooops. Their marketing ploy appears to be working...
    :o

Magenta wrote: »
    If that's how she does business, it sounds like she could do with a good kick up the auras!!!

Or even better bend her over and tell her "I need to realign your cosmic karma which will involve me giving you a swift kick up Uranus"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Maybe its the owners weird marketing compaign in order to get the name of the shock talked about? In short don't name the hole :)

Cabaal wrote: »
    Maybe its the owners weird marketing compaign in order to get the name of the shock talked about? In short don't name the hole :)

And not only don't name them but also say how crap their products are too so that then, when this gets to 10 pages of critism of their products and services, then name them and totally wreak their Karma lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Crosswalk wrote: »
    Today my friend and I went into a small spiritual and holistic-healing shop - you know, the type with stones, incense and Buddha statues etc. Within a few seconds of being there, the shopkeeper called us to the counter and told us that we would have to leave because we had "negative energy in our auras" or something along those lines. She handed us a sheet with "You are being barred from the shop __________ for one or all of the following reasons".

This sounds almost too bizarre to be true - what's the shop and can you scan in the leaflet?

P.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Obviously don't name the shop but wow... thats cracked.

There is a serious question here, can a shop owner bar entry on this basis? Isnt there something about public houses having to admit people except under certain circumstances... (I remember something about barring travellers). Interesting question basically...

As for Aura's and starsigns.... I get a giggle from this....

DeV.

I won't name the shop but I can type (seeing as I don't have a scanner) up the full text of the leaflet if anyone wants to see it? It's got some fairly crazy things in it.

I'm not looking to pursue any action really seeing as it's more funny than offensive. I'm just wondering if shopkeepers are actually allowed to do that. Could I ban someone from my shop for wearing socks with sandals, for example?

DeVore wrote: »
    Obviously don't name the shop but wow... thats cracked.

There is a serious question here, can a shop owner bar entry on this basis? Isnt there something about public houses having to admit people except under certain circumstances... (I remember something about barring travellers). Interesting question basically...

As for Aura's and starsigns.... I get a giggle from this....

DeV.

Not totally sure but "The management has the right to refuse admission" is still a legal right they have

A google search spits up this but it's all case specific

http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&q=does+The+management+has+the+right+to+refuse+admission%3F&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=5bce4f5dc0079769

But I find this intresting if it's a general rule
    Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person who does not comply with the conditions of entry.

because if a condition of entry is a good aura how can they prove that you have a bad aura? I doubt it'd stand up in a court to have some hippy there saying he sees all dark colours emenating from you, hell chances are that he's seeing that as a residual effect of the LSD and 10 joints he took just before he was due to get in the witness stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please don't name the shop

dudara

dudara wrote: »

dudara

Now you are just being a buzz kill :D:D

Wait I have a question (I'm actually suprised no one else seen this) but the title of this thread is "Barred from a shop for being a "black magician"" yes? but read the first post again, as much as I think barring someone for no reason is wrong the first post also makes no reference to being a "Black magician" so unless you walked in dressed like Gandalf (In which case I'd probably bar you too for the safety of others as a nutter) I don't see where the "Black magician" comes into it, what does a "Black magician" do? make evil black rabbits appear? is your best card trick to make an Ace of Spades "Magically" appear? If you view yourself as a "Black Magician" in normal company then maybe she had a point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dudara wrote: »

dudara
    This is consumer alerts, everybody knows it can only be tesco!
    I'm actually suprised no one else seen this
    They did see it and they also saw this bit

1. You're consciously or unconsciously doing black magic.

Advertisement