Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Is There Cheap Alcohol In Dublin???

Options
  • 06-07-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am going to Oxegen on Thurs and will be spending 4 nights there. I want to buy my supply of drink for the wkend, however I am not a beer drinker. I usually drink cider but Bulmers is €2.24 a can in Tesco, for example. Just wondering if anyone could suggest any good deals on cider or cheap off licences around Dublin, as I am very tempted to drive up to Newry tomorrow and get waaay better deals up there, but would preferably want to buy my drink locally!
    Sorry dunno if this is the right forum for this!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Druids cider is around €1.39 a can I think in Tescos, its also more powerful than bulmers at 6% alc. Its drinkable and prob the cheapest can of cider youll get in Ireland *, I know lidl (or aldi?) do a taurus cider I think for a few cents cheaper, unless your looking for flagons of it:eek::D Druids is prob the cheapest

Nick

* From observations :D

Also this should be in bargain alerts requests!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Bargain Alerts Requests

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I used to get 500 ml bottels of cider cant rember the make but it was star fruit berry favour etc for 1 euro a bottle in jc's in swords not sure if they still sell it as i havent been out that way in a good while but its worth checking out as there is always deals on in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

O'Briens and i think Dunnes are doing 8 cans of bulmers for €12 so thats €1.50 a can.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sunshinegirly

I saw a thing on Twitter http://www.valueseekers.ie/category/offer-type/cheap-booze-offer-type/ it has the cheapest booze and where to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Dry Cider €2.79 for 2 litres in Lidl, this Saturday only: http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.Super_Saturday.Super_Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Strongbow, which is far superior to Bulmers or Druids, is available in the Tram Off Licence on James St for 8 for a tenner.

Thats 1.20 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭new shoes

there was a thread earlier on jcs in swords doing somehing ridiculous like 24 cans for 20 euro of carlsberg...

Invest in a good cooler cuz if the beer is warm you may as well be drinking dutch gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

new shoes wrote: »
    there was a thread earlier on jcs in swords doing somehing ridiculous like 24 cans for 20 euro of carlsberg...

Invest in a good cooler cuz if the beer is warm you may as well be drinking dutch gold!

Said she wanted cider not beer... :P

O'Briens in Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire are doing Stella for €1 a can and Hollandia for 93 cent a can if you're looking for cheap beer by the way...no nasty Carlsberg for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

i put a thread in bargain alerts with the festival specials in OBriens and Molloys

• Advertisement
Advertisement