Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruises Street Scrap?

Options
  • 06-07-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Did any body see this today? Apparently a group started fighting outside argos and were running into shops to get weapons to clobber each other, any one see it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

kilburn wrote: »
    Did any body see this today? Apparently a group started fighting outside argos and were running into shops to get weapons to clobber each other, any one see it ?

Oh is today Tuesday?

- This is hardly newsworthy at this stage; Cruises St. is always potentially just degrees away from turning into an all out brawl.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

lol it is !

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

kilburn wrote: »

Hope they didn't go into Ann Summers for any ''weapons'':eek::eek::eek:

ABEasy wrote: »
    Hope they didn't go into Ann Summers for any ''weapons'':eek::eek::eek:

Lol!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I missed it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Apparently happened at the site of the old cruises hotel ballroom.
    The man in the back, said "Everyone attack!" and it turned into a ballroom blitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

some humourous people on this site but it is also quite depressing to see what is happening to Limerick. Cruises street was an excellent example of urban regeneration a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

mike kelly wrote: »
    some humourous people on this site but it is also quite depressing to see what is happening to Limerick. Cruises street was an excellent example of urban regeneration a few years back.

It was an excellent example when "The Buzz" was open. All the scumbags used to congregate in there leaving the streets reletively safe for the rest of us!

fight-club-dvd.jpg

The first rule of Cruises St. is don't talk about Cruises St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

LOL !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It was an excellent example when "The Buzz" was open. All the scumbags used to congregate in there leaving the streets reletively safe for the rest of us!

The Buzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kess73 wrote: »
    The Buzz?

Was an arcade back in about 1994-96 , it was where the Vodafone shop on O'Connell St is now. was your basic, video games with pool tables and young couples fingerbanging each other establishment, ah the memories :D

krudler wrote: »
    Was an arcade back in about 1994-96 , it was where the Vodafone shop on O'Connell St is now. was your basic, video games with pool tables and young couples fingerbanging each other establishment, ah the memories :D

Would it have been there around the same time as Tots To Teens or the music shop that was there that I cannot remember the name of right now?

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would it have been there around the same time as Tots To Teens or the music shop that was there that I cannot remember the name of right now?

After that id say. Was around when cruises street first opened as i recall. Sign was predominantly blue with a yellow and black bee on it. Was it around same time mcdonalds opened in cruises street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

what the... :eek: made me spill my damn coffee words like that this hour of the morning! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Jesus you're after sending me right down memory lane there. I completely forgot about that place. That place was mental on a saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

great memories flooding back not lol

It was great cos all the waas were in the same place- the rest of the city relatively free from slack jawed corner boys, the window ledges outside HMV were never as empty as that 2 year period when the buzz was open.

It was great cos all the waas were in the same place- the rest of the city relatively free from slack jawed corner boys, the window ledges outside HMV were never as empty as that 2 year period when the buzz was open.

Not to mind Skateboard Parks or Playgrounds etc. What Limerick needs is an exact replica constructed that perfectly mirrors the scene and surroundings at the end of Cruises Street - A set of window ledges, some HMV and McDonalds signs and two metal traffic bollards.

- It could be placed somewhere out of the way and it would attract the Skanks and Scobes from the 5 corners of Limerick like Flies to a two tonne turd, then when nobody is looking we could nuke the fcuking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Raiser wrote: »
    Not to mind Skateboard Parks or Playgrounds etc. What Limerick needs is an exact replica constructed that perfectly mirrors the scene and surroundings at the end of Cruises Street - A set of window ledges, some HMV and McDonalds signs and two metal traffic bollards.

- It could be placed somewhere out of the way and it would attract the Skanks and Scobes from the 5 corners of Limerick like Flies to a two tonne turd, then when nobody is looking we could nuke the fcuking place.

Your ideas intrigue me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »

Can i borrow one of those corners? You seem to have an extra one.

phill106 wrote: »

Stop being so obtuse! Boom-boom

phill106 wrote: »

Why has he one too many? Maybe he does not see Limerick as a square or maybe it is a New Jersey/New York reference from the smart old Raiser.;)

Am missing Nattin' Kid - A Cube has 8 corners.

- I wouldn't give Limwreck full Cube Status though.......

Advertisement