Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Way To Drive To Waterford?

Options
  • 06-07-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

What's the fastest/easiest way to get to Waterford?
    Head towards Youghal, then Dungarvan
    or
    Go up the motorway towards Dublin, take the exit for Clonmel and head over that way?

First way is shorter (distance wise) but motorway would be a better road. Not much in it I'd say. I'm actually going to Enniscorthy but the route from Waterford on will be the same regardless.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

in a car

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Iv never heard of anyone going to Waterford via Clonmel. Fair enough its a better road but it will take you a good hour to get to Clonmel and Waterford is what? about 45 mins after that.

Just go the N25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Brendog wrote: »
    in a car

Oops, did I post this in After Hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Never even considered going by Clonmel, can't imagine it being quicker, once you get to Youghal on the N25 the road is fairly good, 1hr30mins once you don't get stuck behind any old slags doing 50kmh in their Nissan Micras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What teh fvck?

Take the N25! Why on earth would you go all the way to Cahir and then turn east?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

The N25 through Youghal and Dungarvan. Not worth going up the motorway at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 The Barron

The N25 all the way
    When you get to near waterford take the new toll road, costs about €1.90, it will bring you out on the road to New Ross and take about 20 minutes off your journey in peak traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

"Better road"? There's nothing wrong with the N25...... once you get to Youghal anyway......

TBH, there's a bad stretch near Midleton, and from there to Yougal you have to dodge a few potholes but from Youghal on it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Head the N25 - You might have been listening to people who use the Clonmel road who are going to a differetn part of Waterford. I know a few people who live in west waterford use the other road - not for where you are going though.

The Barron wrote: »
    The N25 all the way
    When you get to near waterford take the new toll road, costs about €1.90, it will bring you out on the road to New Ross and take about 20 minutes off your journey in peak traffic.

Thanks for that tip.

Thanks all for your opinions. Maybe I'm mad :D
    I still reckon there isn't much in it. The AA route planner only has 10 mins & 15 miles in the difference between both routes. I have driven to Waterford before btw, so I know the N25, just thinking outside the box. Maybe it's time to get back into it :pac:
    I'll go the N25. Might come back the other way, just to compare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

murphym7 wrote: »
    Head the N25 - You might have been listening to people who use the Clonmel road who are going to a differetn part of Waterford. I know a few people who live in west waterford use the other road - not for where you are going though.

True, I know a couple that do the same.

When I was on the road (sad times) I had to go to Waterford the Dublin road way as there was some road closed or something, awful spin. Nice hairpin bend at one point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 The Barron

Most of the online maps do not facture in the new Waterford by-pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Thanks for that tip.

Thanks all for your opinions. Maybe I'm mad :D
    I still reckon there isn't much in it. The AA route planner only has 10 mins & 15 miles in the difference between both routes. I have driven to Waterford before btw, so I know the N25, just thinking outside the box. Maybe it's time to get back into it :pac:
    I'll go the N25. Might come back the other way, just to compare.

Dont mind that aa thing its useless. There is a big sign in cork saying Waterford^^^^. That takes you the N25. You could always go to fermoy and take the N72 through lismore if you are that way inclined.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

SARASON wrote: »
    Dont mind that aa thing its useless. There is a big sign in cork saying Waterford^^^^. That takes you the N25. You could always go to fermoy and take the N72 through lismore if you are that way inclined.;)
    Don't though, that road is ten times shitter than the N25

Don't though, that road is ten times shitter than the N25

I presume he was taking the piss or trying to be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

N25, have done it about 50 times. You'll be in waterford in an hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

The road's pretty good as far as Midleton too, so you've only half an hour max of it any way dodgy.

Advertisement