Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dead Rising 2 : Case Zero

• 06-07-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

This are the events what happen between DR and DR2.According to Wiki its released this Thursday(8th) On Marketplace.Anyon confirm this?

-Daniel:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

This website http://www.citizensfortheundead.com/index.html links to this website http://www.tapeitordie.com/ which says "The adventure begins July 8th" so I am guessing that this is the release date for Case Zero alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmmm wasn't the DR2 delayed by about a month last week ? Not out now till October now. Was thinking this might have got pushed back along with it.
    Any word on pricing? I'm guessing this ain't free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

it is free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Helix wrote: »
    it is free

Source?

I heard on I think it was the Joystiq podcast awhile ago that it is paid and running on the DR2 engine.

EDIT:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/12/x10-dead-rising-2-case-zero-prologue-is-stand-alone-will-be/
    "it won't be free, but we'll make it accessible for a lot of players."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'd be very hesitant to pay for this "unique" content. Can't see it being less than 400pts really and at that it's a bit much for what is a glorified demo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

djkeogh wrote: »
    I'd be very hesitant to pay for this "unique" content. Can't see it being less than 400pts really and at that it's a bit much for what is a glorified demo.

from what I've heard it's about 4-5 hours of content, so could be worth the price for me anyway. It's a self-contained story in a self-contained area just using the game's engine so could be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Ok, Didn't realise it was gonna be so long. In that case I'll show more interest in this.

Well when I say self-contained story I mean that it's a self-contained in terms of it being a prequel story. Not sure if there's a beginning, middle and end, but it does give back story to Chuck's situation. I think I read somewhere a Capcom rep saying there'd be a 'psycho' encounter in it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

just once its 800points and an interesting Starter to Dead Risings 2 main course, ill be well happy with this. Im not convinced this is out tomorrow though, reckon it will be a wednesday in August.

They said they wanted to release it around 6 weeks before Dead Rising 2 so I'd say the end of August. In fact I'd guess that it's the reason the release date for Dead Rising 2 was pushed back. They didn't want to release Case Zero slap bang in the middle of the Summer of Arcade so now they're going to release at the tail end of it.

i think I read too that you can get to level 5 I think it is in Case Zero and that will carry over into the full game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

rizzla wrote: »
    Source?

Rob Barrett, a developer on the game told us at x10 it would be a free download (several times) thatll serve as a demo and a beta of dr2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

I believe this is out today? I plan on trying for it after work

Anyone had a go yet? how much is it?

Unconfirmed but http://www.tapeitordie.com/ is semi down at the moment with the message "You do not have permission to access this site." so looks like it's being updated.

Can't see it being out today myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Hey, i completly forgot this, anyone given it a go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Was it even released?

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Was it even released?

No all that happened that day was that www.tapeitordie.com went live with more content, a release date is expected by next week from what I have seen.

Source: X360A.org
    Dead Rising Producer, Keiji Inafune has told Andriasang that Dead Rising: Case Zero will double as the demo for Dead Rising 2, with a portion of the XBLA game playable for free. If you want to see the game through to its conclusion however, you'll have to fork out ¥500, which is the equivalent of approximately 600 Microsoft Points. Expect a price therefore of 560 Microsoft Points if Capcom is feeling generous, or 800 Points if not.

Sounds good, even at 800 its not too bad.

Its out the end of August supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yeah, they said they wanted it near enough to the game, so when the game was delayed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Case Zero will be out on Xbox live 31st of August 2010 and will cost 400MP's.

Case Zero will be out on Xbox live 31st of August 2010 and will cost 400MP's.

Mmmmm fair price, I know some will say it's a paid demo , but it's content not in the game, so I;d be happy to pay a 5er for it. free would be better though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Apparently IGN played through it in 20 minutes. Normally I try to ignore the price/time graph, but that's.. more of an indication that it's very demo-esc.

I think I'll wait and see, wonder how long the trial is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stuff carries through to the main game, and there are 200 achievement points.
    To give you an added incentive to play the prologue, other than the 200 achievement points of course, Capcom are allowing you to take character attributes earned such as ‘Player Level’ to a maximum of five, ‘Prestige Points’ earned from Combo Card created weapons, alongside skills, ‘Combo Cards’ and a number of alternate outfits, across to the full game.

Love the fact that the main game is being released 28 days later (in the US). Nice touch. :)

400 points only, why this is joyous news.

Its a steal at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Iwent and bought dead rising during the week to get me back into the story/style of the game. Holy crap is it rubbish ! I cant believe i forgot how bad it is. they will have to change basically everything about the game mechanics for DR2 to make it any good.

The aiming was really bad you cant move when your aiming the cross hair is impossible to control and bullets do little or no damage to guys who are alive. I put 20 bullets into that guy running around up above you throwing grenades and got his health down about 10% ran out of bullets and could do nothing else to him !!!

Ya, I got it recently too and play it through, i wouldn't go as far as to say its rubbish though.

I hope they keep DR2 as close to the original as possible, keep the save system, keep the time constraints, all the things that made the game unique.

A better aiming system is definitely needed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Ya, I got it recently too and play it through, i wouldn't go as far as to say its rubbish though.

I hope they keep DR2 as close to the original as possible, keep the save system, keep the time constraints, all the things that made the game unique.

A better aiming system is definitely needed though.

Bring Back OTIS................

Forgot about how annoying Otis was!

Definitely give the new main character a hands free kit, and voice all the updates too, so no stopping in the middle of a horde of zombies unable to attack reading a load of text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

This is up on the marketplace now.

Anyone got this yet, reviews seem pretty decent.
    I'll definitely be splashing out 400 points for it.

A-Trak wrote: »
    This is up on the marketplace now.

I don't see it on there :confused:

Found it, it's listed as DR2:Case Zero and not as a normal person would expect dead rising 2...

Achievements look like a mix of same as the 1st and a hell of a grind....... it better be fun

850mb download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

calex71 wrote: »
    I don't see it on there :confused:

Ah your right there calex,

Just checked, it's September 3rd for Europe, (US have it now.)

Advertisement