Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dead Rising 2 : Case Zero

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

A-Trak wrote: »
    Ah your right there calex,

Just checked, it's September 3rd for Europe, (US have it now.)

Nope it's out now, I'm downloading it as I type, got it through xbox.com

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a8d/?p=1&of=7&bt=0&sb=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Nope it's out now, I'm downloading it as I type, got it through xbox.com

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a8d/?p=1&of=7&bt=0&sb=1

Yeah I edited my post just there it's listed as DR2 so I didn't see it when I was looking for Dead Rising 2 :D

Are those Webisodes worth the download too I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

calex71 wrote: »
    Are those Webisodes worth the download too I wonder?
    If you like 'so-bad it's kind of good-actually I'm not so sure' zombie movies then yes.

All good so far, not being able to sprint is super annoying though :mad:

I find myself trying to make weapons mostly, only got a spiked bat and a molotov, so far though drill bucket for the win :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

downloading now and im not playing anything else for fear of delaying the download!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I wish MS would just let me buy 400pts of their website. I hate buying in increments of 500, and I don't want to buy a card for more than I need.

It's only a euro extra but it pisses me off all the same.

Plenty of replay to be had here I think, I got ending D which is the ending you get when you try to do everything in one play and forget to keep your eye on the time :D

As fun as this is, there is no reason why this couldn't have been included in the full game.

It's worth 400pts, but it's still a sneaky cash grab by Capcom.

What Capcom should have done was give C0 codes to anyone who pre-orders DR2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't really like it. Controls aren't great, and the graphics are very dated - blurry textures and lots of flicker.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    I don't really like it. Controls aren't great, and the graphics are very dated - blurry textures and lots of flicker.

Flicker :confused: Can't say I noticed that, but as I said earlier it's infuriating that there is no sprint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Flicker :confused: Can't say I noticed that, but as I said earlier it's infuriating that there is no sprint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like the original, your running speed is a stat that goes up as you level up.

no flicker but the framerate is a bit off at times. some of the textures are very underworked too but im sure the final game will be polished far more than this Prologue.

I like it anyway, Dead Rising 2 should be cool but I would be expecting improvements over this

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    no flicker but the framerate is a bit off at times. some of the textures are very underworked too but im sure the final game will be polished far more than this Prologue.

I like it anyway, Dead Rising 2 should be cool but I would be expecting improvements over this

Given the download size of 800 odd MB i'd say they spared the Mr. Sheen polish for the full game ...... At least I hope they did :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

There's a part this that went over my head. The hero comes out of the garage. Sees a bee drop to the floor. Stamps on it. Then the zombies heads explode. What am I missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

grizzly wrote: »
    There's a part this that went over my head. The hero comes out of the garage. Sees a bee drop to the floor. Stamps on it. Then the zombies heads explode. What am I missing?

You missed out on Dead Rising 1 I see. The bees are the key to the infection. In part one certain zombies had a queen bee in their head. When you kill the zombie the bee comes out and you can put it in a jar. This can be used as a weapon. Throw the jar at a group of zombies, the bee dies and kills all zombies in a certain radius, like an anti-zombie bee hand grenade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Yeah, i found a bee flying around near the hunting store on the side where you find the handle bars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

By flicker, I meant flickering textures during cutscenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Given the download size of 800 odd MB i'd say they spared the Mr. Sheen polish for the full game ...... At least I hope they did :eek:

I'd say that is the case alright, still for 400msp I would find it hard to complain about this game at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I came close to hating Dead Rising 1 (due to the weird timing and save systems) but I enjoyed this a little more. Still has some of those bizarre problems, but felt more urgent than the first. Obviously more restrictive when it comes to items, but had good fun with the electric rake and the likes. Still doesn't feel as fun as it should to just run through a horde of zombies, spiked bat makes quick work of groups though. The having to inject your daughter bit is a bit forced but adds tension. AI feels more intelligent too (well, not zombie AI): survivors seemed less inclined to die at every juncture!
    Bike bit at end
    was a bit rubbish though, and I hated the boss, like I hated all the bosses in DR1.

Enjoyed it, probably worth the investment: got ending A but will likely go back and get the rest of the survivors. Don't know if I'll buy the full game yet: unless there are huge improvements made from the first I'm not all that interested. This suggests some positive changes, but also holds onto many of the flaws of the first.

• Advertisement

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I'd say that is the case alright, still for 400msp I would find it hard to complain about this game at all.
    I doubt it. Case Zero is more or less on par with DR1 for visuals.

I'm fine with how the game looks, but the framerate pisses me off. DR1 was super-smooth even when the screen was swamped with zombies.

yea quite small alright, im confident Dead Rising 2 will be more polished. i was only ever impressed by the graphics for Chuck, both in the cutscenes and when he gets soaked in blood in-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I gave the demo version which is just up until you grab the zombrex so anywhere from 5 - 20 mins playtime depending on how much tinkering and zombie killing you do. I'm curious as to the actual length of the demo now though. Is it 4 odd hours like was reported or is that optimistic?

djkeogh wrote: »
    I gave the demo version which is just up until you grab the zombrex so anywhere from 5 - 20 mins playtime depending on how much tinkering and zombie killing you do. I'm curious as to the actual length of the demo now though. Is it 4 odd hours like was reported or is that optimistic?

3-4 hours sounds there or thereabouts alright with out help or knowing were everything is. I mopped up the rest of the achievements in just over an hour in a 2nd play through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It was just under two hours for my first play through, which is what you're looking at if the achievements don't interest you! I think I'll go back though, if only to have some zombies say hello to my boomstick.

It was just under two hours for my first play through, which is what you're looking at if the achievements don't interest you! I think I'll go back though, if only to have some zombies say hello to my boomstick.

Bah boomstick is for girls, the saw paddle is where the pain is at ;)
    And have the book for 3x construction in hand for prolonged nastiness :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Awesome stuff, I loved the first game and am very happy DR2 is retaining the feel of that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Well worth the 400msp cant wait for the full game! Co-op should be a good laugh.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm glad I got this. Reminded me why I didn't like Dead Rising. Just doesn't suit me. Not a bad looking game, and some great ideas, but I just don't get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I came close to hating Dead Rising 1 (due to the weird timing and save systems) but I enjoyed this a little more. Still has some of those bizarre problems, but felt more urgent than the first. Obviously more restrictive when it comes to items, but had good fun with the electric rake and the likes. Still doesn't feel as fun as it should to just run through a horde of zombies, spiked bat makes quick work of groups though. The having to inject your daughter bit is a bit forced but adds tension. AI feels more intelligent too (well, not zombie AI): survivors seemed less inclined to die at every juncture!
    Bike bit at end
    was a bit rubbish though, and I hated the boss, like I hated all the bosses in DR1.

Enjoyed it, probably worth the investment: got ending A but will likely go back and get the rest of the survivors. Don't know if I'll buy the full game yet: unless there are huge improvements made from the first I'm not all that interested. This suggests some positive changes, but also holds onto many of the flaws of the first.

How could anyone hate DR1's bosses?! They were the best part of it!

CLEAN UP.....REGISTER SIX!!!

Advertisement