Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dead Rising 2 : Case Zero

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

big fan of the first game, im a zombie fan, pure and simple. got this dled last night, planning on a few hours tonight. fingers crossed its the zombie chopper i remember. Though i am tempted to wait and play through DR1 again!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Just got the kill 1000 zombies achievement.

Best way is to start a new game and use the trolley that contains the bike to mow them down. Takes maybe 20 mins tops. Think I'll be able to get the full 200/200 which will make it only the second the game I've gotten 100%. (other one was Dash of Destruction lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Oh nice! gonna try that later on. yeah i only ever got 200 on dash of destruction too. =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How could anyone hate DR1's bosses?! They were the best part of it!

CLEAN UP.....REGISTER SIX!!!
    I did, especially that f*cking clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ShaneU wrote: »
    I did, especially that f*cking clown

What about the actual clown???
    All the bosses were fairly easy once you were over level 20 or so!! When I first played dead rising it really annoyed me how weak Frank was until he was levelled up a bit, it was great then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just redeemed a 2100 point card and went to purchase this and apparently it isn't valid in my "region"
    I'm guessing this is because I'm using an Irish xbl account with an UK IP:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Unless you bought an American card, European cards work in all EU countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

tman wrote: »
    Just redeemed a 2100 point card and went to purchase this and apparently it isn't valid in my "region"
    I'm guessing this is because I'm using an Irish xbl account with an UK IP:(
    My friend got this problem as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ShaneU wrote: »
    Unless you bought an American card, European cards work in all EU countries.

Nope, European card. Doubt I'd even be able to redeem an American card in the first place with a Euro account...
    I've had similar problems since I moved over, have been on to MS a few times to get them to change the locality of my account to UK but it doesn't look like that'll ever happen:(

Just need to spend 100K in the pawn shop and make all the combo weapons for 200/200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Halve_ZOL

Healium wrote: »
    My friend got this problem as well!

Same here. I set up an extra gamertag (silver) and added my MS points to that account. After downloading the game it can be played by all accounts on the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Try redeeming from the xbox website , I always have issues with points cards through the xbox itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I only have to save everyone for 200/200 but has anyone had a problem with the last two that they wont leave the shop

I only have to save everyone for 200/200 but has anyone had a problem with the last two that they wont leave the shop

Which 2? The Father Daughter or the 2 girls in the bowling alley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

How many weapon combos are there in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

the father daughter they wouldnt leave the store i hate them

allanb49 wrote: »
    How many weapon combos are there in this?

That all was thinking there would be more :P

Have the bat, molatov and drill bucket :P

The paddle saw is where it's at, after you leave the garage go right accross the street towards the van, there is a house down further, on a ledge on the side there is a paddle (like for rowing a boat) , then go get a chain saw form the hardware place :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I replayed it last night and figured out all but one of them on my own (paddle saw damn you!). Key is to just pick up every item that has a blue icon beside it - these are the ones you can combine. Of course, the problem lies with figuring out what goes with what - the airhorn is a particularly random combo
    (purple spraypaint and traffic cone)
    . The beer hat, though, is awesome.

Take to the rooftops, see what you can find! There's only one of a few items, like the battery.

• Advertisement

Got 200/200 - the paddle chainsaw is cool but it breaks easy.

You really can't go wrong with the baseballbat with nails. Keep it simple.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Got 200/200 - the paddle chainsaw is cool but it breaks easy.

There is a book in one of the shops that prolongs it's life ;)

First play through complete, got most of the cheve's only 3 more to get weapons doors survivors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

got all achievements except 100 grand in pawn shop. having a problem with combo weapon achievement made them all and the message popped up "taste of things to come" or whatever it was called but its not showing up on my achievement screen some dose.:(

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    got all achievements except 100 grand in pawn shop. having a problem with combo weapon achievement made them all and the message popped up "taste of things to come" or whatever it was called but its not showing up on my achievement screen some dose.:(

Key to getting the 100k is doing the side quest to get the jewels for the girl at the safe house. You don;t have to get it in one play, it stacks. Loot the slots and one arm bandits for extra cash too. One's with cash in front of them are good fro around 7 bets till they stop paying out, once they do smash them up.

The taste of thing to come is for building one weapon not all of them.

Combos are
    Spiked Bat - Baseball bat + Box of Nails
    Drill Bucket - Drill + Bucket
    I.E.D - Propane tank + Box of Nails
    Molotov - Newspaper + Whiskey
    Air Horn - Traffic Cone + Spray Paint
    Beer Hat - Beer + Hard Hat
    Boomstick - Shotgun + Pitchfork
    Paddle Saw - Chain saw + Paddle
    Electric Rake - Leaf Rake + Car Battery

I'd say you either missed
    the beer hat or paddle saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭recyclops

Got it there today played through it 3 times now and got all the achievements, plenty of times bob would not tell me about the guys behind dept store so it took alot longer, as for the 1000 zombies moosehead laps is how thats done easiest if ya ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

recyclops wrote: »
    plenty of times bob would not tell me about the guys behind dept store so it took alot longer
    You have to enter and exit the safe house for his dialogue to change. Those guys appear at 4PM.

You have to enter and exit the safe house for his dialogue to change. Those guys appear at 4PM.

That bit might be bugged as they didn't appear for me till after 8pm on one of my first playthroughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Wouldn't suprise me if it was bugged. I got to the end credits and
    Chuck's motorbike and truck disappeared. Chuck, Katey and the dead guy were all floating in space in the sitting position!

Was it just my machine, or did anyone else think there was a delay between clicking save (or load etc.) and anything actually happening?

• Advertisement

Wouldn't suprise me if it was bugged. I got to the end credits and
    Chuck's motorbike and truck disappeared. Chuck, Katey and the dead guy were all floating in space in the sitting position!

Was it just my machine, or did anyone else think there was a delay between clicking save (or load etc.) and anything actually happening?

Same here, and I thought the load times in general were pretty long.

Advertisement