Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Fanuc

Options
  • 06-07-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Has anyone worked on with GE Fanuc PLC's ..... Are they still widely used? And would it be recommended to start learning them. I have received mixed replies from mates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Maybe it's just the equipment I work with, but the most common ones these days would be Siemens and Allen-Bradley.

Most companies have a variety of PLC's and it's probably useful to learn a bit about all of them.

I found the forum below to be very useful

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Philistine

Maybe it's just the equipment I work with, but the most common ones these days would be Siemens and Allen-Bradley.

I have to agree. Siemens, Allen-Bradley and, to a lesser extent, Omron, Mitsubishi and Telemecanique seem to be the most popular makes. I came across an ABB PLC once but in 19 years I've never seen a GE Fanuc.

Advertisement