Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

missed payment job seekers allowance today

• 06-07-2010 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, just looking for advice on my situation. My collection day for jobseekers allowance is on a tuesday (today) but i was unable to collect payment. Can i collect payment tomorrow or is my claim cancelled and do i have t re-apply for jsa? really worried about it, any help appreciated. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Hey;
    Its usually held for 3 days for you so you should have no problem collecting it tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rustev

thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

rustev wrote: »
    Hey, just looking for advice on my situation. My collection day for jobseekers allowance is on a tuesday (today) but i was unable to collect payment. Can i collect payment tomorrow or is my claim cancelled and do i have t re-apply for jsa? really worried about it, any help appreciated. :(

It will be cancelled if you miss it twice, but your payment is usually held for 6days,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

pirelli wrote: »
    It will be cancelled if you miss it twice, but your payment is usually held for 6days,

The letter you receive when your claim is awarded states you have 3 days in which to collect your payment.
    So if you fail to collect it on Tuesday it doesn't matter, as long as you have it collected within 3 days. Over the 3 days, your payment will expire, and your claim may be suspended, and you will have to explain to your local office why you didn't collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

pirelli wrote: »
    It will be cancelled if you miss it twice, but your payment is usually held for 3 days,
    FYP

it most certainly is NOT held for six days! If you dont collect within 3 days you may have payments suspended for a week and or be made sign on weekly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

All Post Offices hold it for three days, but very many hold it for 4, 5 or even 6 days but no way of being certain that your post office is one of the latter. The rule of thumb is collect it within the three days and you will be sure of no shocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Is it 3 days including the day it becomes available? Or 3 days after. So if its out on a Tuesday is it Tue, Wed or Thur it needs to be collected on or Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭ronano

tues,wed,thurs it would be

you're also best off just asking your post office how long they hold it incase anything happens down the line.

Advertisement