Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tocco Lite or Ping Touch?

Options
  • 06-07-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm looking at getting a new phone and I'm trying to decide between the Samsung Tocco Lite and the Ping Touch. The Tocco Lite has longer battery life according to the Meteor website, but the Ping Touch has a QWERTY keypad, which might sway me towards going with that one. Does anyone have a Ping Touch, and is the keypad easy to use? Could anyone reccomend a Tocco Lite over the Ping or vice versa?

I'm not all that pushed about using it to check my e-mail or take photos, it's mainly just for texting and making calls. Also, I'm not seeing anything on the specs page for either phone about whether they're triband or quadband, could someone clear this up for me? Thanks in advance :)

Tocco Lite: https://store.meteor.ie/phones/samsung_tocco_lite/#/in_all_phones

Ping Touch: [/url]https://store.meteor.ie/phones/samsung_ping_touch/#/in_all_phones[/url]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭david p

Had a look at the Nokia alright, the battery life seems to be a good bit less though. Does the fact that it's a smart phone mean that it's any faster than "dumbphones"? The last few phones I had were Nokias, and I found them to be a bit sluggish...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

david p wrote: »
    Had a look at the Nokia alright, the battery life seems to be a good bit less though. Does the fact that it's a smart phone mean that it's any faster than "dumbphones"? The last few phones I had were Nokias, and I found them to be a bit sluggish...

The fact that it is a smartphone does make it faster. It has a faster processor more ram etc which should give a smother experience but that is not guaranteed with such a cheap smartphone. Overall the Nokia 5230 is a great phone( my friend has it no complaints plus free gps!! :) and I would pick it over the Samsung budget phones any day!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

I would say neither I have had a samsung phone the Jet less than a year and its already broken I wont be buying a samsung again.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭david p

Went with the Ping Touch in the end because it was cheaper than the other two by 10 euro and has a QWERTY keypad. Thanks everyone! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement