Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon Leap, Cloghan.

Options
  • 06-07-2010 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering about this i head someone mention it there last week at the photography club meeting and was wondering what is the best time of year to go down there? its years since ive been and would love to take a spin over to it again?

Could anyone enlighten me please? Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Get there as fast as you can :D

June to August is probably the best time for salmon fishing. Around now would be good and I'll tell you what you could do worse than go up there tomorrow after the bit of rain today :)

Oh and you know where I am if you bag more than one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

muffler wrote: »
    Get there as fast as you can :D

June to August is probably the best time for salmon fishing. Around now would be good and I'll tell you what you could do worse than go up there tomorrow after the bit of rain today :)

Hi Homer ,what muffler says it will be nice alright the fish will be jumping well i know they are on the move ,and watching them jump up the leep would make a good photo.;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

From this year, you are not allowed to take any salmon away, you must throw all back in.

And when there's no one watching? ;)

• Advertisement

Just dont get caught

Larrson wrote: »
    From this year, you are not allowed to take any salmon away, you must throw all back in.

AM does this only apply to the finn or does it take in the morn as well or is it just the finn

@ Larrson

I believe it is everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Well i took a wee trip up there this evening, it was busier than i was expecting it to be! Loadsa fish jumping, i know noting about fish though but i didnt think they look like salmon to me i thought they were pick bellied hopefully someone could enlighten me as to what kinda fish they are or are they actually salmon? Anyways i snapped away for just over an hour, could sit there all day here is a few of my better pictures and a link to the set in Flickr where the others are.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/irl_deano/sets/72157624458678928/

4778230776_1fb6e75108_z.jpg

4777599523_d238da5a14_z.jpg

4778240830_2f661e9f1b_z.jpg

Larrson wrote: »
    I believe it is everywhere.

MMM Just can't see some of the lads from the north or those peep who pay big money to fish at the leep to walk away with nothing just cant see it

• Advertisement

thats some nice photoes there homer it tis a lovely place i know what you meen i could sit thir all day just watching them jumping up its amazing to see job well done hats off to ya.

Nice pics homer.

And yes, those are salmon. Not the biggest by any means but still good enough to put on the pan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

great stuff. Lovely capture.
    Isn't it only farmed salmon that are deep pink?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭210

Nice photos, I live pretty near to ballybofey and had never heard of this place before. Just out of interest homer what type of lens did you use.

Advertisement