Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salsa Dips

Options
  • 06-07-2010 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend an alternative to Doritos chips to complement their Salsa Dip ? Attempting to enjoy the Dip while cutting down in the fat!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ryvitas, the sesame seed ones are lovely though a little higher in fat due to the sesame oil.

A lot of other crackers are about as bad as regular biscuits though. And of course tomato based dips are lowest in kcals.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭candlemouse

Thanks rubadub. Thought about that but the couldn't get past the 'piece of cardboard' thing. Willing to give it a go. Lidil here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If the salsa is spicy enough it will mask the cardboardy texture. However the sesame ones are lovely and go well with salsas since they have that chinese taste to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

I love salsa dip and was also tryna think how I could have it without the nachos the other day so took out the crackers! I got these really thin ones in Aldi, similar to Ryvita, must actually check the kcals on them though!
    Anyway, it was GORGEOUS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Buy wholemeal pittas or tortilla, cut into triangle shapes, spice them/ herb them to your taste, spray them with 1 kcal spray oil and toast them in the oven. Nyom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭emmetcummins

Tayto Toobz are basically Pringles but with 0% fat ( I think...) but there's definitely a reduced fat thing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Hi I have this problem often, when I am watching t.v. and want a snack. I buy the weight watchers nacho crisps (theres a 'spicy' flavor thats nice but not very spicy and cheese flavor). they are kind of expensive 4.00 for a pack of 6 and only a few in a pack. but u could put two or three bags in a bowl and its a great snack and only a point a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I find rice cakes with salsa can work nicely.

Advertisement