Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thompson center warlord

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

The caliber will have to change as the biggest caliber legal here is .308

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

says can be only got in 308

Ahh sorry i thought it said .338 lupa magum. Get the 5 round mag and it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Thanks for that.
    Interesting, but not too interesting!:D:rolleyes:

To quote from the website: "the Warlord is guaranteed to put three shots in ½-inch at 100 yards".

Hmmmmm.....no need to head off to the States to get a rifle which can do that.....There's a couple of them around these here parts already!;):D
    The caliber will have to change as the biggest caliber legal here is .308

Eh?

Nope, the "biggest" non-restricted calibre is .308.
    There are plenty other restricted calibres on the way up from 308 to 338 and almost but not quite up to .50 (the "Big Game" rounds etc.)
    .338 lupa magum

.338 Lapua Magnum is perfectly legal here - Just restricted and trickier to licence.

just tought it looked nice,and seems shoot ok,maybe someone here might like to have a gawk

• Advertisement

Im still leanring:rolleyes:

no prob so am i!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Aren't we all!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Accurate enough anyway. For the record, the biggest rifle cartridge I know of licenced here is a .500 Nitro Express. There are a good few big game rounds in Ireland.

would tikkas and such factory type rifles shoot groups like that in the right hands?prob be very expensive to get that rifle from the states anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

A 300 win mag is also unrestricted because it goes by diameter rather than the power of the round.

bazza888 wrote: »
    would tikkas and such factory type rifles shoot groups like that in the right hands?prob be very expensive to get that rifle from the states anyway!

Like the one on the left? Easily. The one on the right is a freakishly good group that no rifle on the planet can do consistently.
    Hibrion wrote: »
    A 300 win mag is also unrestricted because it goes by diameter rather than the power of the round.

Yep. This is where the idea of restriction is completely mental. I can have a .30-378 Weatherby unrestricted, but a .38 Special is restricted. Hell, I could neck a .50 BMG down to .30 Calibre and it'd be unrestricted, but the .38 Spl will still be restricted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

That's where the saying comes from IWM

The law is an ass :D

I must get my hands on a nitro express for a few white elephants around here.

The .38 WC is one of teh finest pistols I have ever fired.

S&W 686. A little beauty

That's where the saying comes from IWM

The law is an ass :D

I must get my hands on a nitro express for a few white elephants around here.

The .38 WC is one of teh finest pistols I have ever fired.

S&W 686. A little beauty

That S&W is a lovely gun alright.

If I were buying a big game rifle, and someday I just might, I'd probably get a CZ550 Safari Mag and have it re-barrelled from .375 H&H Mag to .404 Jeffery. Big bore starts with 4s.

tackleberry could use it to headshoot bunnys!!

arifle like this would be leaning more towards a target shooters liking would it?

bazza888 wrote: »
    arifle like this would be leaning more towards a target shooters liking would it?

Can't be too accurate for hunting either, but it looks a little more practical than target-oriented.

iwas thinking more about weight always hearing lads on here saying weight a big factor for stalking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

When it would come to liscencing the rifle that the OP was refering to I don't think the calibre would be the problem neccessarily .....
    It may be the name "warlord" ..... Best of luck with that one !
    Plus I bet it's black ;)

its green,not going try license it,agree the name would make it hard!

• Advertisement
Advertisement