Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Major Problem "HELP"

• 06-07-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Here's the problem, decided to put operating system on USB key went to the BIOS to change some settings didn't really know what I was doing and ended
    up making a mess of things and I mean a mess. So here go's When I boot no operating system appears at all nothing!. Have tried pressing delete when booting nothing happens screen remains blank. Have pressed every Fn key from f1 to f12 nothing. Have put a Linux Live CD when booting nothing happens. So here's my question how do I fix this. Can't get into the BIOS and can't get into the Operating sytem. :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

How old is the system?
    IMPORTANT - What make is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Why can you not get into the BIOS? Does the DEL/F12 key or whatever key you pressed to get into the BIOS the first time not work any longer? Make & Model of the computer too please

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭copz

Packard bell espirit 5yrs XP sp3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

No real results on that model, you sure it's right?

yes

• Advertisement

As soon as you booted up, you should in theory by immediately repeatedly pressing F11, be able to get to the hidden partition drive and the back-up of the XP OEM operating system.

Have you or someone else wiped the hidden drive by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

try pressing del,function keys,reset bios to default mode,settings.
    try f1 key .

Have tried that nothing..................theres literally nothing there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭fmcattack

Take the CMOS battery out of motherboard to manually reset it....

Is there any possabily of you being able to boot up by CD or is still the default set to read "C" drive first?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

you could try open case, remove the cmos battery, wait 5 mins,replace it again, this may reset bios to normal settings.1st unplug power plug, from the esb socket.remove power plug from the pc case.
    when a pc is off power is still going thru the motherboard.
    if pc is old it may not recognise the hardrive ,it depends on the bios.
    you may need to set bios to boot cd =o,1st drive boot device=cd/dvd to use the livecd.

it's the drives i changed trying to figure to out how to load the usb key with the os i did it before but can't get into the bios again thats all

Pints all round problem fixed thanks all:D

Good to hear.

Advertisement