Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday Casuals - 7th July

Options
  • 06-07-2010 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

Weekly rollcall for our Wednesday casuals session in the Xtreme Gaming Centre, Dublin (Liffey St., near the Ha'penny Bridge).

Shall be there myself obviously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'll head in around 3 or 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Myself and Hound should be in earlier I think, around 2:30 or so (just in case anyone else wants to head in for then too).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Should be there 4.30 til late, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Ye I should be in at about 2:30. I wont be staying too late because I want to see the match. hope to see a few in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CrossBreed

If you fancy a newcomer then I'll be there myself from about 2:30-3:00.

• Advertisement

CrossBreed wrote: »
    If you fancy a newcomer then I'll be there myself from about 2:30-3:00.

Newcombers always welcome man, bring a copy of the game and controller/stick of your preference if you're able to!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CrossBreed

Sound, I'll see yous then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Sweet , welcome man! I'm only 50/50 for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll head in for about three or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I might be able to make it in for a few hours after lunch too. Have to leave at around 6 maybe

• Advertisement

I'll be leaving in an hour, gotta get some games in with Dreddy and Terry, havent played Dreddy since my first day of casuals, and Terry, we got a score to settle! :mad: jk I need the Rufus practice.

GGs today Gory, seriously solid Cody

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

good games to all!

Especially to Red and Dan for the tips on the chun and ken match ups. Has helped me loads!

WOOO!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    GGs today Gory, seriously solid Cody

Cheers man, next time we play Cody vs. Gief, I gotta get that knife more, I think I was on to something near the end of our games. Your Gief is a scary fella, even with the nerfs.

Also, I forgot to ask this while I was there, is there anything special planned for this Saturday? Like Day of Champions or anything?

Yeah, definitely, once Cody has the knife it seems like gief loses the footsie advantage, which is pretty much all he has for most of the round. Cheers, I really don't want to play him anymore though, but seems like he's my only choice vs some characters.

Not sure what's planned for Saturday, at the least there'll be casuals and possibly more! Orim's the man to ask about Day of Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

DoC or not hopefully i can get for some casuals

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely, once Cody has the knife it seems like gief loses the footsie advantage, which is pretty much all he has for most of the round. Cheers, I really don't want to play him anymore though, but seems like he's my only choice vs some characters.

Not sure what's planned for Saturday, at the least there'll be casuals and possibly more! Orim's the man to ask about Day of Champions.

Felt the same way with Dee Jay and T. Hawk (disappointing transition to new game), my HDR mains, and I hate both in Super.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

sorry i didn't make it in yesterday, i got a new gadget in the post and had to test it out. It would have allowed me to have a multi-screen setup for the xbox (one to monitor, one to projector, one to recorder) but it is a cheaply made product and is unreliable.

With this I was going to run a pub-style setup one of these saturdays but i'll have to wait and buy a better quality product.

Don't think there's anything planned this saturday, but there will be casuals as usual and i'll be there for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yesterdays casuals were really fun.

Lots of people to play against and some Smash Melee.

Sausage frame traps FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I was starting to not-die a lot towards the end.

Then I realised why I don't play Smash competitively -- I have no clue how to jump properly. I always press "A" to jump out of pure stupid habit.

Thanks, Donkey Kong Country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yesterdays casuals were really fun.

Lots of people to play against and some Smash Melee.

Sausage frame traps FTW!

It was the sausage mix ups that really messed me up.

You noobs with your random Sausages on wakeup.

If you's ever wanna learn how to play Smash at a competitive level, I can give my copy of Melee as a loan to anyone.

Advertisement