Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuvuzelas

Options
  • 06-07-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can get 1??:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can get 1??:P

Why in hell would you want one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Why in hell would you want one?
    I can imagine it sounding very appropriate in Pearse Stadium on Saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'll break it over your head if I see you brining it in past me.

I do no make idle threats. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Just get a bit of waven pipe.

• Advertisement

Thanks Gilberto...I'm fierce lazy!:D
    Doubt the wavin would have the same effect...as for the threat?? Find me!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Oh I'm sure we'll hear you alright.. you'll wish you never put your lips to it in the first place! *shakes fist* :p

I swear to God if someone brings one of these to Galway, I'll shove it down their throats so that any time they breath all they'll hear is:

And as someone else said, that's not an idle threat either.

Who would have thought a plastic pipe would provoke such anger and hate?!:p

I swear to God if someone brings one of these to Galway, I'll shove it down their throats so that any time they breath all they'll hear is:

And as someone else said, that's not an idle threat either.
    There was 2 in Terryland last night!:eek:

• Advertisement

There was 2 in Terryland last night!:eek:

Ya two small kids behind the goal had them, in fairness one or two don't make much noise going by that, sure they're pretty similar to the horns you get at the GAA matches and same thing applied there isn't enough ppl with them to create any real noise.... add a couple of 100 and it's a different story though

Ya two small kids behind the goal had them, in fairness one or two don't make much noise going by that, sure they're pretty similar to the horns you get at the GAA matches and same thing applied there isn't enough ppl with them to create any real noise.... add a couple of 100 and it's a different story though
    Yeah they're not THAT bad but christ there was a fair echo off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

I have one!! Got it on ebay for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Actually, I think I'm getting used to the sound of them. Watching a gaelic football match a week ago (I forget who was playing, for some reason) something actually felt odd for a while, until I realized what it was: no vuvuzelas!

I'm not really a fan of these remix songs but this is pretty good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭doctorwu

News agencies are reporting tonight that a 14 old South Africian was shot dead by his neighbour for making noise after South Africa beat France 2-1. The boys father says it was because his son was blowing a Vuvuzela.

skelliser wrote: »
    I have one!! Got it on ebay for a tenner
    Seriously?? how long did it take to deliver??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

it took about a week but this was before the world cup started. So its probably less now that the market is
    getting flooded with them.

theres a few here, some of the sellers are in ireland, probably get it delivered quicker.
    http://shop.ebay.ie/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=vuvuzela

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Seriously?? how long did it take to deliver??:D

In all seriousness, didnt the GAA ban them from all grounds?

Everyone knows of course that if you break a GAA rule, you'll end up tied to a tree in Sixmilebridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

i know locally you could get them for €7.99, but i guarantee if i said where id probably be told of for advertising and then banned for it in a years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

paulhannon wrote: »
    i know locally you could get them for €7.99, but i guarantee if i said where id probably be told of for advertising and then banned for it in a years time.

and kicked out of the Galway city forum! :pac:

hehe :P

I'm going to report this thread. I'm sure the mods'll agree and understand :P

Keep vuvuzelas out of Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

South African "trumpets" belong in South Africa. I hope they stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

There was somebody in Cusack Park in Ennis with one, how he ever got out alive is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Banned by the GAA a few weeks ago, they acted swiftly
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0618/1224272793785.html
    THE GAA has got its retaliation in first against the dreaded vuvuzelas by banning them before they have even been blown in anger at championship matches.

Fans who turn up at grounds with them will have to leave them behind or be refused entry. If they attempt to smuggle them in, the vuvuzelas will be confiscated.

GAA spokesman Alan Milton said match-day regulations stretching back 40 years ban air-horns “and we count vuvuzelas as air-horns”.

The World Cup is only a week old, but the vuvuzelas have already gained notoriety. Fans have complained that the constant bee-like buzzing is killing the atmosphere of the games. Doctors have warned that a full blast of the horn can be as loud as a chain-saw and constitutes a threat to the hearing of fans.

Mr Milton said the GAA were not trying to be kill-joys, but there was little joy to be had from vuvuzelas.

“We have instructed our stewards not to allow them into our grounds, but that is not always possible. If fans do persist in taking them inside, we will confiscate them if we get complaints.”

Though if you were beside me in Pearse Stadium with one of these, being ejected by the stewards wouldn't be your main concern!

Advertisement