Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom down ? Anyone else having problems?

• 06-07-2010 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Our Smart Telecom connection has gone down - phone and DSL are both dead. Nothing's wrong in the house and the line out to the pole is fine. It goes underground from there. Also anyone calling the number is getting a "the number you have dialled is not in service" message.

We're connected to the Wellington Rd exchange in Cork.

Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It seems there's a fibre optic cable cut which has caused Smart Telecom's equipment at Wellington Road exchange in Cork to go off line.

Smart customers in the Northeast of Cork City i.e. parts of the City Centre, McCurtain Street, areas of Blackpool, Wellington Road, St. Lukes, Dillon's Cross, Montenotte and Mayfield and that general area will have no broadband or dial tone.

i.e. phone numbers beginning with 450 XXXX and 455 XXXX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

I live in balbriggan county dublin and mine is down too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Apparently their problem in Cork is being caused by rats/mice eating through cables !!

It would be funny if it wasn't so annoying.

You'd think a fairly large exchange like Wellington Road would have more than just 1 fibre serving the Smart Telecom equipment. Or, at least in the event of an issue like a failed fibre link they could hire one from Eircom or someone else to tide them over until they are back online.

We're now heading towards 2 full days without a dial tone or broadband!

Advertisement