Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Vetting

• 06-07-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

I was just wondering how often you must do this. Upon graduating I did the whole garda clearance, just wondering if this must be done each year through the teaching council.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭dg647

as far as I know you only have to do it the once. I done it about 3/4 years ago and I haven't heard anymore about it since. The office that deals with this in the Garda is up the walls because of all the sporting and voluntary organisations that now require this so I don't think they will be asking us to do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

When the head of the TC came out to speak to us on the PGDE she said at the moment you only have to do it once.

However, they are thinking of making you sign a declaration of some sort each year when renewing, to say you are not being/have not been investigated for/charged with any offences since you completed vetting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 priya190983

My friend had a problem 3 years ago. She was in dunnes store she pay for her sanwich but she didnt pay for her yohurt. She has done it may be 3 times the security catch her after 3 times the security ask her the receipt and they said the have to call a garda.

The garda came make her to pay for her yohurt what she didnt pay. But the garda didnt take her to the station to take the finger print.

I just wondering is that a conviction she said to the garda yes she done it for few times. She didnt go to the court nothing.

She got a job at the airport now they will do a garda vetting.

Please let me knw that will be on her record or not.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Rosita

My friend had a problem 3 years ago. She was in dunnes store she pay for her sanwich but she didnt pay for her yohurt. She has done it may be 3 times the security catch her after 3 times the security ask her the receipt and they said the have to call a garda.

The garda came make her to pay for her yohurt what she didnt pay. But the garda didnt take her to the station to take the finger print.

I just wondering is that a conviction she said to the garda yes she done it for few times. She didnt go to the court nothing.

She got a job at the airport now they will do a garda vetting.

Please let me knw that will be on her record or not.

thanks

She can get a conviction only in court so it won't be on her record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

I got my cert from the TC in relation to garda vetting 4 years ago, however I have had to get it redone for each individual school/VEC I have worked in since (even though they request my TC cert in the job application). I also have to get rechecked every year for a national sporting organisation that I work with. Sometimes twice in the one year for different departments within the one organisation.
    So in summary the TC do it for you and then schools can request you to do it again if you are starting a new job, if continuing in a job I have not heard of anyone getting rechecked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement