Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll Plaza express lanes

Options
  • 07-07-2010 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Are there any plans to roll out the M50's video number-plate recognition facility out to the other toll plazas across the motorway network?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Furet wrote: »
    Are there any plans to roll out the M50's video number-plate recognition facility out to the other toll plazas across the motorway network?

If only. Though I doubt they'd have gone ahead and built toll plazas on the recently opened M8/M3 if there were any such plans.

It's a pity really, eflow seem to be making a bomb out of fines so it'd work in their favour :rolleyes:

The above said, I'm actually quite happy with the express lanes at present, though I've only used them a couple of times...they open well in advance and I didn't have to slow down to more than 50 or 60km/h which is handy, especially in my banger which accelerates like a slug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

sdonn wrote: »
    If only. Though I doubt they'd have gone ahead and built toll plazas on the recently opened M8/M3 if there were any such plans.

I was thinking they'd be put just on the express lanes. My father was told by a toll attendant on the M7/M8 that they'd be adding the facility in the future but it sounded a little suspect to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

They certainly have readers on the N25 Waterford City Bypass - as there is a little LED screen in front of you at the toll booths which displays the reg number of your car and the toll fee below it

• Registered Users Posts: 68,550 ✭✭✭✭L1011

M4 has those also, they're mainly to stop light goods drivers getting away with car tolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I said this in the M8 forum while it was being constructed. I would have imagined that it would be cheaper to do the job properly first time as opposed to rooting at it in 6 or 7 years. Intresting thread actually on motors where a man tipped the barrier with his car and got a bill for 1200 euro from the nra....

• Advertisement
Advertisement