Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find piano competition events info?

Options
  • 07-07-2010 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi all, I'm new to here. so.... hello everybody!

Can anybody tell me if I want to attend some advanced to master level piano competition, where I'm able to find the calendar for the events during the year? I found there are not too much information can be googled.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 carminaburana

Hi Fyan...

Yes, there are lots out there, and as a Music teacher myself, I advise my students to compete in these where appropriate. Have always been really happy with the outcomes, as adjudicators, IMO have been really supportive with their comments. It is great for my students have my comments repeated and validated by another pair of ears! There is an excellent piano comp in Navan each year in May, which is part of the choral festival. You can look up details of that at www.Navanchoral.com. This is an excellent start to competition if you are new to the scene. However, the Feisceoil in Dublin is excellent if you wish to compete at National level. There are also the Newpark festival and Wesley festival, all based in Dublin. Just Google them, and will find all links. I have found them all to be so supportive of my students' development. Due to the solitary nature of piano playing, it is great for students to get up there and play for each other. These skills are so important and transferable to other areas of life too!
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Fyan

Hi Fyan...

Yes, there are lots out there, and as a Music teacher myself, I advise my students to compete in these where appropriate. Have always been really happy with the outcomes, as adjudicators, IMO have been really supportive with their comments. It is great for my students have my comments repeated and validated by another pair of ears! There is an excellent piano comp in Navan each year in May, which is part of the choral festival. You can look up details of that at www.Navanchoral.com. This is an excellent start to competition if you are new to the scene. However, the Feisceoil in Dublin is excellent if you wish to compete at National level. There are also the Newpark festival and Wesley festival, all based in Dublin. Just Google them, and will find all links. I have found them all to be so supportive of my students' development. Due to the solitary nature of piano playing, it is great for students to get up there and play for each other. These skills are so important and transferable to other areas of life too!
    Best of luck!

Thank you! you are so helpful, I didn't have a clue to find out this information. I can't wait to check it out! All the best to you, my friend!:D

Advertisement