Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memory Card stuck in sd card slot

• 07-07-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

ok - some genius decided to try to take photos from their camera and put them onto my laptop to stick up on facebook but forgot to use the adaptor... :mad::mad::mad: so now i have a sd card stuck up my sd card slot in the laptop and I have no idea how to get it out.. it's seems to be as far in as it possibily can go..

31TB0KBPHGL.jpg

i can see where they made the mistake thinking that the slot was the right size but anyways....

anyone got any ideas how to get it out?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

that's not an sd card for starters? assume you just got the name wrong.

with the one in your photo usually you push them in slightly and they bounce back out but it can vary. try pushing it in with something slightly to see if it comes back out.

alternatively ask the missus for the loan of her tweezers and pull it out with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 JohnBrian

Get some sellotapeand stick side upwards, to a small iece of card, stick that in the memory card slot, and "hook" the card and pull it out.it worked for me when i got mine stuck:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

When I got an SD card stuck, I just used a pair of pliers to get it out. The slot was fine afterwards and both the card and slot are used to this day.

If yo choose to do this though, be careful about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

yeah it's the one in the picture.. sorry about the wrong name but anyways

I tried putting super glue on the end of match stick and pushing that in and hoping it'd stick.. nearly worked but failed...

might try the tweesers but it's very very far in - they'll have to be microscopic tweesers I'm afraid... I'll see anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Open the laptop and remove the card - this will void your warranty but if it's out of warranty there's nothing to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I tried putting super glue on the end of match stick and pushing that in and hoping it'd stick.. nearly worked but failed...

to be honest op i think u may have stuck it in there worse with the glue .
    pliers , tweezers or celotape will do the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I had the same problem. I took mine back to PC world and they sorted it out. They had a very fine thin set of tweezers, a lot thinner than regular lady tweezers. Rather they do it than I, so I don't void any warranty ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

its better to use a longnose pliers.cost around 3 euro in a hardware store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

This card is like as far in as it can possibly go.. that's why i chanced the glue... think i'll just bring it back to the shop and get them to do the hard work even if it means paying a few euro

Advertisement