Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which chips

Options
  • 07-07-2010 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Well was added to a big conversation on msn earlier when a strange argument started. This being whats the best type of chips.
    well whats your opinion which is it?

Which is it 81 votes

Thin and crispy
    0% 0 votes
    Thick and crispy
    29% 24 votes
    Thin a soggy
    35% 29 votes
    Thick and soggy
    1% 1 vote
    Other
    28% 23 votes
    I hate chips (and therefor have no soul)
    4% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Leo Burdocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Fried ???? Although I do love the really thick cut with a steak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Chipper chips!

EDIT: I like my chips to be thick, not burnt crispy but not too soggy either. So i'll have to pick other on the poll

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Silicon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Any sort of chips as long as there on a plate next to nice big sandwich.

Preferably a steak sandwich. With cheese. And fried onions. And while your at it make some sort of dip. Maybe gravy.

Hold on did you say you were making food?.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

They need to be the handcut chips that are dripping with grease, served in a brown paper bag and saturated in vinegar.

F*ckin yum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

The one with the 2 guys on motorbikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I actually do have a soul . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Proper thin and crispy, not mcdonalds type though. Burger king are nice but I haven't eaten from there in years. Go to Belgium, order a bag of "friten met sooflesause en mayonaise". Possibly the nicest chips I have ever tasted.

The fat and soggy ones are quite nice too.

Nothing worse than those poxy frozen chips you get in a chipper, an absolute disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

You just can't beat after hours for a bit of intellectual debate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Imperial chips cut from real potatoes from a proper fish & chipper beats any of those frozen EU metric crap from fast burger joints. :p

AgileMyth wrote: »

Is that a sandwich?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

For some reason Chinese takeaways make the best chips - crispy and golden! I know it's hardly Chinese food but they're soooo good :o

Chips from chippers are usually undercooked and soggy, ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I love it when you find a really long chip. You know the really long chip I mean? The one where you actually think to yourself "jaysus what size of spud did this come from". And then you picture a giant melon sized spud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

AgileMyth wrote: »

At the time I started posting this, you had contributed about 9% of the thread so you're partly responsible for its intellectual paucity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Fishie wrote: »
    Chips from chippers are usually undercooked and soggy, ugh
    Not my local chipper, if anything was undercooked he would have them thrown straight back at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I don't care what people say, call it nostalgia all ya want.

Potatoes are gone to fcuk and you will never tatse a bag of chips as good as they tasted in the 80's.

You'd have better luck finding a banana flavoured banana.

Not my local chipper, if anything was undercooked he would have them thrown straight back at him.

Ive done this a few times at my local chipper. Except i don't throw em back i just say they're not the best pet (even if its a bloke) same order again thanks.

Theres an old saying, If a chipper can't make chips.....blow it up. Or something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CrazySnakeLady

The best chips (I assume you mean chips as in fries) are the ones you make yourself if you do them right, firstly cut them into big chips and soak them in cold water for at least an hour before cooking, the water will turn white but thats what you want because thats all the starch coming out, then run them under a cold tap until the water runs clear. Put on your Deep fat Fryer and heat it to 160 degrees and when it's hot enough throw them in and fry them for only 7 minutes and take them out, leave them to settle on a plate for about half an hour and then plug the Deep fat fryer in again at 190 degrees this time and throw them in and fry them for about 10 minutes (Watch their colour) and I swear they will be golden and crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, the best chips ever are ones you do right yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

A nice plate of home made thick chips, placed on a few sheets of bounty, ( I'm still calling it bounty :p ) to soak away the fat, before you eat them.

Then lightly salted. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

for me it's got to be the chips me granny makes (along with sauseges and fried egg)

small thick and crispy, best chips ever! :p

bit of heinze ketchup and your in heaven (why is it grannies always make the best food)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

OutlawPete wrote: »

Potatoes are gone to fcuk and you will never tatse a bag of chips as good as they tasted in the 80's.

That is impossible to find a banana flavoured banana anymore :(

How the hell do you remember what the chips tasted like back in the 80's:eek:
    I agree though something not right with potatoes now, so i dont cook chips at home or even eat chips that much anymore:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Home-made thick chips ftw. With lots of vinegar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

OutlawPete wrote: »

:confused:
    Did you forget to take your meds again? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thick and crispy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

caseyann wrote: »
    How the hell do you remember what the chips tasted like back in the 80's:eek:

School luches we all used to hit the Fingal Cafe in Swords.

I can still taste them singles, chips were soo floury and potatoey.

Gorgeous they were, 60p :)
    caseyann wrote: »
    I agree though something not right with potatoes now, so i dont cook chips at home or even eat chips that much anymore:(

Ah, everything's gone to **** :p

/I'm old, leave me alone

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Dudess wrote: »
    Home-made thick chips ftw. With lots of vinegar.

The problem is though, shop bought vinegar is not the same.:(

My dad even went to the bother of buying a bottle of vinegar from the local chippie for me, but no way did it taste the same as the one they sprinkle on the chips.:mad:

Remember them filthy disgusting things called McCains microwave chips?

Delicious soggy, steaming cardboard sticks ready in seconds! yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Thick and soggy ftw! Ewww thin+thick crispy chip perverts! :eek:

Advertisement