Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which chips

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CrazySnakeLady

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I don't care what people say, call it nostalgia all ya want.

Potatoes are gone to fcuk and you will never tatse a bag of chips as good as they tasted in the 80's.

You'd have better luck finding a banana flavoured banana.

Totally agree, I think part of the flavour was them being wrapped up in newspaper or fried in the same fat (in the 80's we used fat/dripping people and not Vegtable or Olive oil and we are still alive today and seem to still have managed to avoid heart attacks, but then again we also climbed trees and fell out of them without breaking bones or having our parents wonder who they could sue and how much they'd make) as the fish and it was always hot fat so they cooked fast as they should and not slow like a normal cooker does them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Biggins wrote: »
    Thick and crispy.

Just like your boxers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

I love the little crispy chips that do be in the end of a bag of chipper chips mmmmmm :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Straight from someone else's bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

thin and crispy just like my women:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

OutlawPete wrote: »
    School luches we all used to hit the Fingal Cafe in Swords.

I can still taste them singles, chips were soo floury and potatoey.

Gorgeous they were, 60p :)

Ah, everything's gone to **** :p

/I'm old, leave me alone

Oh mouth is salivating you lucky basbleep:p I remember them been 60p as well don't make me :(i miss me p'sss

Maybe its not the potatoes then we just lost our taste buds :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

humberklog wrote: »
    Straight from someone else's bag.

ahh true that true that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

whiteman19 wrote: »

Hey hold on.....that old tv show is called chips & this thread is about chips!!

Thats really very clever. Your the tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Does anyone have a deep fat fryer in their house any more??

Most houses seem to have abandoned them for 'health' and smell reasons in favour of rubbish tasting oven chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Can't say for sure myself, but my Da reckons the best chips he ever had were got in Scotland, fried in animal fat. Personally, I think oven fries cooked in a deep fryer are the best. Supervalu's own brand are suprisingly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Fishie wrote: »
    For some reason Chinese takeaways make the best chips - crispy and golden! I know it's hardly Chinese food but they're soooo good :o

Chips from chippers are usually undercooked and soggy, ugh

I think its the oil the Chinese use in their cooking, it makes it taste different and gives a different crispiness before it gets soaked with the curry sauce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Hey hold on.....that old tv show is called chips & this thread is about chips!!

Thats really very clever. Your the tops.

you sound like you got a chip on your shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I was going to throw in tortilla chips but then I realized what "chips" you are speaking about.

Advertisement