Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for FIFA 11 Producers

Options
  • 07-07-2010 1:11am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

With FIFA 11 in development and coming out in October the chance has arisen to ask the producers some questions about the forthcoming game. Questions about its new features, the improvements to the game etc and get their answers.

If anyone has any questions they would like put forward please leave them below and a selection of them will be put to the producers.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Animal Bar

Sort out the Online feature before its released. No more being able to quit online Games and automatic victories against inactive users....REALLY ANNOYING:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ask is there going to be indoor football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Do they realise how unbalanced and over powered custom formations and tactics are? From people being able to flood their own box with nearly all of their team and to then just leave a few strikers upfront basically bypassing the midfield. It ruins the game and is completley unrealistic....and very frustrating to play against.

While with custom tactics some people set their pressure and agression to 100 so they just pressurise the whole game with it having little or no effect on their players stamina/fatigue. Again unrealistic.

Can they adjust the Ai so that when an opponent just starts to pass the ball around his back four your own players will move up the field and pressurise because at the moment it can be nearly impossible to get the ball back when a player does it with you only having control at most over 2/3 players.

Have they fixed the goalkeeper kick outs after a replay? When you tap a to skip a replay sometimes you mistakingly pass out the ball with your keeper instead.

Fix custom corners. Too many people have it set up in a way where they just pass the ball from the corner flag into the net.

Have they fixed the goalkeepers in free kick situations? Far to easy to score.

Thats all for now. Custom formations/tactics are my biggest gripe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

^coming from Mr.Custom himself, thats a fairly funny post!

i agree though, fix custom formations, they seemed to work better for everyone in Fifa 09, defensively and offensively. cant remember being so much unrest directed at Custom formations/tactics in Fifa 09.

can we have a mode where the user can search for players that dont have Live Season activated, can be so bloody annoying coming up against say a 94 attack Chelsea just because they beat Man United in real life for example. Drogba is extremely good default, he can be unstoppable souped-up! Let Live season players play other Live Season players because I dont want to play these eejits who will do anything to win some unmeaningful points.

fix the chipping! the crossing button was never designed to be used in goal-scoring opportunites. Some fixing of the keepers and their joy of coming off the line and then staying off their line like a muppet needs to be fixed as well which should help.

Shooting needs to be improved a bit, fitesse shots from outside the box can be ridiculious sometimes, especially in the hands of a cheap player with a good team. in real-life, if a player is taking a shot from far out, he will most likely be driving the shot as hard as possible because of the distance involved. Fitesse shooting should be more of a 0-20 yard sort of thing, not a "ive powered the shoot bar all the way but it might be alright, im 40 yards out and fitessing!"

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Ask is there going to be indoor football.

probably wont happen for this edition by now, we would have heard about such a major feature by now. would be awesome though if done right. Im guessing the Fifa Community day thingy will be more about the tweaking/little things that need to be fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

bring back 5-a-side indoor mode. That was the business :P

In all honesty, do something to deal with custom formations, tactics. Clubs-wise make the AI players similar in level to the human controlled players.

Make the menu system more usable, and also save the user selected language the first time they run the game.

oh last thing(i think!),

will there ever be a feature where you can watch other matches? This sort of spectator mode is evident in many older games such as Virtua Fighter 5, Table Tennis, PGR etc etc, why not Fifa?

We had a situation where we had Mr.Robinson and MarkSRFC90 playing a big match to see who was staying in the top division and who was going down. that would have been good craic to watch in a Xbox Live Party with other lads watching as well. It also could mean the league admins(axwell, Moon) could enforce the rules of our league more often by watching in on a game unannounced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Will the dodgy form in MM be fixed?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    can we have a mode where the user can search for players that dont have Live Season activated, can be so bloody annoying coming up against say a 94 attack Chelsea just because they beat Man United in real life for example. Drogba is extremely good default, he can be unstoppable souped-up! Let Live season players play other Live Season players because I dont want to play these eejits who will do anything to win some unmeaningful points.

This is a very good point. Its bloody ridiculous playing against the big teams when they're on form. Drogba was literally walzing through tackles and scoring from ridiculous angles last season, and when the player doesnt have live themselves it puts them at a terrible disadvantage.
    corcaigh07 wrote: »
    will there ever be a feature where you can watch other matches? This sort of spectator mode is evident in many older games such as Virtua Fighter 5, Table Tennis, PGR etc etc, why not Fifa?

This too. Would be a nice feature to be able to "pop in" and spectate matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

+1 for a spectator mode, and the punishing of quitters.
    joe123 wrote: »
    This is a very good point. Its bloody ridiculous playing against the big teams when they're on form. Drogba was literally walzing through tackles and scoring from ridiculous angles last season, and when the player doesnt have live themselves it puts them at a terrible disadvantage.
    I'd wager that this is how they want it to be honest, effectively pressurizing more people into paying for the live seasons.

[edit]

LOI Division 1 pleeeeease! :pac:
    And proper competition formatting, so if you play a league in Ireland for example, you can qualify for Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

AI in clubs is ridiculous!!

Also sort out the achievements, I didn't play 5 seasons of manager mode to win all the big trophy's just to not get the feckin achievement!

Maybe a check list could be put into the menu for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Mr Moon wrote: »
    AI in clubs is ridiculous!!

Also sort out the achievements, I didn't play 5 seasons of manager mode to win all the big trophy's just to not get the feckin achievement!

Maybe a check list could be put into the menu for this!!

Should take a leaf out of Blur's book - keeps tabs on your progress with achievements and the various parts thereof.

Fix online quitting (though rarely happened to me!)

Fix manager mode €2bn debt - ruins a dream move to a big club

Spectator mode would be cool - and makes one night tournaments easier to run...Even have lobbies like Street Fighters endless battle (don't know if that exists in FIFA)

Indoor football - not going to happen and would probably be less fun in this new-age "realism"

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

A small thing but really p!sses me off and hasn't been changed - Stop automatically putting centre backs on the posts for corners. Centre backs usually the tallest players on a team I need them for defending. Change it to full backs being on the posts.

Better Management Mode, sort out the manager reputation. Had 1 and a half stars after 3 seasons with juventus winning two trophies ever season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

1. Will you be returned to the main menu if someone drops out of an online ranked match at the team selection screen or will you be put at the online menu?

Its a minor interface issue but being forced back to the main menu when you want to play an online game is a bit of an annoyance.

2. Are players that are not big or fast going to be better represented for there actual abilities in FIFA 11? ie: Kevin Doyle, Dirk Kuyt, etc

In real football these players make big contributions to their teams, but in FIFA 10 they are not really much use.

3. Will there be an option to save replays from online matches and share them with friends?

4. How will the new handball system work, will there be an intentional way for players to spread themselves or will it be based on a players stance?

5. Will there be unranked matches in the FIFA 11 clubs mode?

6. Are custom formations going to be removed from clubs?

Ok thats all i can think of right now, i'm sure i will come up with more lol :D

Parawind wrote: »

6. Are custom formations going to be removed from clubs?

Any sort of option to turn off custom formations and tactics would be a nice feature if they dont remove them fully!

By the way will all these questions be pooled together and re done so we have a definite list that will be asked?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

joe123 wrote: »
    By the way will all these questions be pooled together and re done so we have a definite list that will be asked?

As I said at the start a selection of them will be put to the producer, theres bound to be some repetition and replication in the questions asked here in the thread. Also some are already know to be or not be in FIFA 11 so there isnt a need to ask them but the most common ones will definitely be put forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Sorry, I keep putting my questions in the form of statements (unfortunately that's not going to change :D). After a session of FIFA 10 just there:

- Fix the back post glitch - When the AI trys the same tactic each time it gets the ball, something is broken (especially when the AI trys to cross at every given opportunity). Too many goals go over the keeper.

- Switch player when I press the button; don't ignore me. If I have Auto-switch a tiny bit on, don't flicker between players when the ball is loose - makes it impossible to get anyone to run onto it!

- If the ball is crossed into the box and I press Shoot - then header it! Defending or attacking, it drives me mental to have me press the button (or mash constantly)...only to have my player control it on his chest and then lose possesion - so many games lost as a result. Also, shoot button as a clearance is often worse than trying to Pass it out

Just have to air some of these...outside of the rant thread. It's good to vocalise these after each session :D

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Fix it so when a low ball is played across the box the keeper doesn't just look at it, run parallel to it, and finally behind it before it is tapped in. Just have him pick up the ball. Infuriating.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    A small thing but really p!sses me off and hasn't been changed - Stop automatically putting centre backs on the posts for corners. Centre backs usually the tallest players on a team I need them for defending. Change it to full backs being on the posts.

Better Management Mode, sort out the manager reputation. Had 1 and a half stars after 3 seasons with juventus winning two trophies ever season

Small thing? This annoys the hell out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Remembered a few:

-Remove throwing off crossbar
    -Give medium sized players a tiny chance of getting a header against large f**kers.
    -Give only one person the control of the wall in a free kick (in clubs)
    - and again sort out custom tactics and formations..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Here we go:

1. Usually your center backs (who are the tallest/best headers in your team) are always part of the two man wall for free kicks in crossing positions. (eg: Why would Man Utd put Rio & Vidic in the wall, and let Evra and Rafael in the box to try compete with players in the air)

2. Manual chip, keepers not staying on the line, coming out too often (largely fixed in WC, but the question needs to be asked, how was this not spotted or patched)

3. The manager mode: -2 billion glitch, will it be fixed?

4. Unrealistic custom formations: we played a club game the other night, the team had 4 center backs positioned in their own box on the formation screen, and 3 defensive midfielders just on the edge of their own box. How can this possibly be realistic? Don't allow custom formations, but force people to use normal formations and "ultra defensive" tactics, if they want to play negatively.

5. Ultimate team: why in the name of God do you not progress if the other person quits a tournament? Everyone just quits to screw the other person over, the mode is basically unplayable. Will this be fixed for 11?

6. Clubs: You shouldn't be penalised for having only 3 players playing in the club. Most people want to be attackers, so you are putting terrible, weak, slow, randomly generated 4ft defenders up against peoples "super" pros which make the game unbalanced. Will this be sorted? Why not have the players from the clubs you pick from, but have them all balanced at 75s, and your pros on top of that?

7: Quitting: why allow someone to pause, quit a game, and then pop STRAIGHT back into another one? It only encourages people to quit. First pro evo on the Xbox, there was no quit game option, so most people had to go back to the dashboard (so usually, they would rather finish the game than have the penalty of waiting another 2-3 mins for the game to load again. You could finish 8 out of 10 games, now nearly 8 out of 10 randomers quit). Remove quit game, have a "request to resign" system (has been talked about for 11).

8: User controlled celebrations: Will they keep the "swingy" camera angle from the WC game (makes the celebrations infinitely less annoying).

9: User controlled celebrations: If someone doesn't press anything, don't have the player run all the way to the corner by default, which takes a good bit of time. Just have them run straight out of play at the nearest point. (you'd be surprised the amount of people who don't realise how to skip this).

10: Anything to counter-act people who time waste by passing the ball between the keeper and defenders to waste time?

11: Match making: why is it near impossible to find unranked games (especially in the WC game) at certain times? Is it a known issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Ill try to not repeat what others have said unless It really really needs to be changed.

1. Chest animation when your chasing back Torres with Terry and youve tracked back and intercepted perfectly and then instead of touching the ball away to safety you do a chest control...Torres nips in and gases Terry and scores.

2. People quitting in 1v1...make it less advantagous to quit in ranked matches.

b) remove the ability to flag glitch

c) make it harder for people to cherry pick less skilled players to boost percieved leaderboard stats. Level 36's can only play people around their own skill level etc.

3. Clubs is awesome except for a) buying player boosts from EA store (you have our money from buying the game and ultimate team please stop giving an advantage to those with deeper pockets)

b) tiny goal keepers (these cabbages cant jump, save balls rolling at 1mph and like to fall over a lot)

c) club match making is poor (6000 point team vs 120 point team????!!)

d) Custom formations in clubs - fix it (7 at the back with all players runs pointing into the box...EPIC FAIL)

e) Can I have a game where people cant shoot from anywhere on the pitch and score (please see b above)

4. Can I have the ability to have a custom soundtrack on fifa....love the fifa songs but dear god Ive had to mute the music because ive heard to for the last year.

5. Get rid of the manual chip as well :rolleyes:

6. Let people join 2 clubs at once so that they can mess about in one and play in another.

7. Live season - You want MORE money! John Carew is 85 accel or something...have you ever seen him play?? On live season he is a TANK

8. AI defenders in clubs should be set up so that they try to stay in line with a human controlled defender instead of playing everything and everyone onside.

9. LB and RB will cancel replays and not 'A' which will stop goal kicks going to strikers.

10. Celebrations are crap...remove please, or have an option to select or deselect them on ranked matches.

11. Custom formations are dire, you can have high aggression and pressure and players dont even get tired and then they all sit on the edge of the box and steam up the pitch when they win the ball. It takes no skill to play the game like this. Have an option where you can choose teams but cant change formations only subs.

12. Chris Kamara must be included as a bonus commentator...I will pay you for this (but thats the only thing im paying extra for)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Please fix the glitch where players run over the ball when I tell them to shoot and then they have to move backwards only to hit a terribly weak shot.

Online quitters is a big one. Remove the option to quit the game or else give some sort of penalty to those who can't handle going 2 goals down within 20 minutes and leave the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Please fix the glitch where players run over the ball when I tell them to shoot and then they have to move backwards only to hit a terribly weak shot.

+1

That is annoying alright especially as you build up a nice move for an on running player to hit it first time... but not before the ****ty momemtum takes over and he glides over the ball:rolleyes: So my biggest hope is they lessen the effect of momentum but not eradicate it all together, as it does have advantages in the game especially in midfield battles... thats when there is one :pac:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    +1

That is annoying alright especially as you build up a nice move for an on running player to hit it first time... but not before the ****ty momemtum takes over and he glides over the ball:rolleyes: So my biggest hope is they lessen the effect of momentum but not eradicate it all together, as it does have advantages in the game especially in midfield battles... thats when there is one :pac:

Momentum needs to go.

I hate how i go 5/6/7 games unbeaten then lose to some fella because my players won't do anything.

I was active on the EA forums round FIFA 09 when this first started and EA flatly denied it was even in the game and it was basically ''all in your head'' :rolleyes:

Ok maybe you'd mess up the odd pass but when the tackling-knocking it to another of his players, defenders-running out of defence when your being attacked, attackers/midfielders -running into positions where you can't pass it to them/losing it straight away, shooting- messing up from even 6 yards etc.. etc... etc.. all going at the exact same time?.... i don't think it's in my head, i can beat 70-80% of people so i can feel the difference, and i'd agree going by the amount of posters who posted the same stuff back then.

It's got progressively worse in 10 since they added the ''goal interception animation'', where your players ''realistically try to intercept passes near them'', mainly because when momentum turns you can't stop the most obvious passing routes(which you could in 09) while everything you hit will be stopped since the animation doesn't kick in.

Ok that was more of a reply to that post..... but i'll make a question of it.

*Have EA finally acknowledged that there's momentum in some ONLINE games? and are they doing anything to eradicate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Some more:

12. Short freekicks: some cases there is absolutely no way you can take a short one without it being intercepted and allowing the strikers to go clean through on goal.

13. Referees: balance the refs a bit. In some games, they seem to call everything against one team or the other. In those games, you would stumble, but get no free, they stumble they get a free. The ref needs to call everything correctly to reduce frustration. (Extreme example: I had the ball with my keeper the other day, I turned sideways to get away from the incoming player, he slid me, made absolutely NO CONTACT WHAT SO EVER with the ball, but left my keeper in a heap, and knocked it in. It was one of the most ridiculous things i've ever seen)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Defending free kicks;

If I'm defending a free kick, and press L1 to change player I don't want to have to press it 4 or more times to change player. I also don't want the first few times it changes the selected player to cycle through the other players in the wall, as I can't do anything with them that couldn't be done by moving the first lad selected. I'm trying to change the selected payer so I can put one of the non-wall players in a better position.

Obvious example, I'm playing someone who's playing as Madrid online. He's shown his intent by cracking one off the bar with Ronaldo from 35 yards. He now has a free 20 yards out, so I decide to position a player on the near post on the line. Repeatedly bash L1 while he's lining it up. Does nothing initially, then starts cycling through the lads stuck in the wall, even re-selecting the initial player it was on. The free kick is struck after a while - it took him an age to line it up, and then it selects one of the other players, but it's too late and sails in uncontested at the post I wanted to put a man on.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I think all the important questions I would have thought of have been asked, but just to add a few minor questions about very small issues with fifa 10:
    In fifa 11, is there any chance you could...

1. ...reduce the amount of times the ball hits the ref? A few times is good, it adds some realism, but it happens far too often.

2. ...imporove the substitution animations to show all the players that are coming on if its a double/triple sub, not just one? (Show all at once, not make animation longer)

3. ...add an option in game settings to play with a random ball?

4. ...add more boots? EDIT: preferrably real, licensed ones.

5. ...allow a whole party to play in the arena?

6. ...add a training mode to online clubs, so they can practise/try out new players/work on set pieces?

7. ...tell us a little more about their plans for virtual pros? Will the new personality plus emphasis allow us to make more adjustments to how our pro looks, and even moves on the pitch?

All very small issues (especially #2) but I think the important ones have been asked.

Töpher wrote: »
    Defending free kicks;

If I'm defending a free kick, and press L1 to change player I don't want to have to press it 4 or more times to change player. I also don't want the first few times it changes the selected player to cycle through the other players in the wall, as I can't do anything with them that couldn't be done by moving the first lad selected. I'm trying to change the selected payer so I can put one of the non-wall players in a better position.

Obvious example, I'm playing someone who's playing as Madrid online. He's shown his intent by cracking one off the bar with Ronaldo from 35 yards. He now has a free 20 yards out, so I decide to position a player on the near post on the line. Repeatedly bash L1 while he's lining it up. Does nothing initially, then starts cycling through the lads stuck in the wall, even re-selecting the initial player it was on. The free kick is struck after a while - it took him an age to line it up, and then it selects one of the other players, but it's too late and sails in uncontested at the post I wanted to put a man on.

You can use the right toggle to manually change player, it's easier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Sorry to double post, but also:

When you decide how much server power to allocate to the game online, and also to the website as you seem intent to move a majority of features there (GameFace, Creation Center), Please please please please please take that suggested server allocation and double it!

I have never, NEVER bought an EA game at launch and not been infuriated by server issues. Fifa 10 online didnt cause me much issues (not much, but definitely some) but the game face at the website was a joke, a horrible, kick-to-the-balls type joke that nobody finds funny except the kicker. And it would be ridiculous to allow the same to happen with this creation center kajigger that you're so proud of for fifa 11.

This, only in the form of a question, not a demand/moan/rant

kthnxbye ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement