Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for FIFA 11 Producers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Gameface for Mac please. Sick of firing up my Windows PC to add a photo to my player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Can you please fix the issue (manager mode anyway) where in the Winter, when it snows...they use a white ball.

Also, don't have the ref wear a similar colour to any team - opposite colour please!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Can you please fix the issue (manager mode anyway) where in the Winter, when it snows...they use a white ball.

Also, don't have the ref wear a similar colour to any team - opposite colour please!
    Just have no snow. I dont remember the last time a PL teams pitch was white with snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mr Moon wrote: »
    You can use the right toggle to manually change player, it's easier!

Yes you can but its accuracy must be improved, sometimes it will simply skip the centre back near the ball when you are switching across the backline and your get put as the far centre back. Its just something that needs some more optimisation, as in certain situations it just does not seem to work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Can the AI formations be improved.

2-1 up against the computer in Cup Finals and the AI brings on a centre back for a centre back and sticking to their 5-4-1 formation is how the AI acts at the moment.

I'd like it to be more realistic, that the computer would change formations to be more attacking and bring on another striker for a back, because sometimes it feels like the AI subs are almost pre-decided before the game.

• Advertisement

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Just have no snow. I dont remember the last time a PL teams pitch was white with snow.

Thats just the PL, many games are still played in snow.

Thats just the PL, many games are still played in snow.
    Well then have it off in the top leagues, it is infuriating and unrealistic.

Will FIFA 11 get proper bug fix support this year?

There are such a huge number of bugs and exploits in fifa 10 and never got patched. Frankly i won't waste my money on FIFA 11 if there isn't at least an effort made to fix the new bugs that will be found after its release.

Seen as how there is no world cup game next year would it really be that much trouble to fix bugs in next years game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Allow for a system where a club can increase its wages for players. Surely if Accrington Stanley can sustain themselves in the Premier League a wage structure of a thousand is absurd to say the least.

Realism: If I want to send Macheda out on loan, I only get offers from the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. Where they have much better players. It would be more realistic if lower teams opted to avail of my loaned player than a team directly competing with me for the league.

Why does a player automatically get the number "2". This is quite annoying and it can't be that hard to allow the player to take up an unused number.

LB's and RB's playing in the middle of defence. Surely you can solve this. Every time I play Chelsea Terry is RB, Carvalho is LB and Cole and Bosingwa are the CB's. Doesn't make much sense.

Better development of youngsters in your team. Allow for a youth team system where players can be nurtured and farmed out to provide for a more realistic "football manager mode". The youth team could even be generalised.

Better tutorials with the game showcasing everything. I want to know how to do everything. Surely that's not too much to ask for €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thatbrownguy

- Make it so that the goalkeepers don't acrobatically dive when the ball is rolling towards them at snails pace? Annoys the hell out of me.
    - Chipping the keeper PLEASE fix that.
    - Andy Gray, Martin Tyler OUT

• Advertisement

If you want them out, who would you think should replace them? They can get annoying, but I always figure that there's not really much else out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thatbrownguy

If you want them out, who would you think should replace them? They can get annoying, but I always figure that there's not really much else out there.
    Who were the commentators for the WC game? Clive Tyldesley and Andy Gray right?
    I liked the commentary in WC much more. Or Andy Townsend & Tyldesley

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

another thing that needs fixing is the assists glitch in manager mode.
    all assists are given to your goalkeeper, its small buts its annoying and it should be easy to fix anyway.

Who were the commentators for the WC game? Clive Tyldesley and Andy Gray right?
    I liked the commentary in WC much more. Or Andy Townsend & Tyldesley

Yep it was Townsend and Tyldesley. Yeah the WC commentary is much more enjoyable and although they say the same stuff, it doesn't feel as repetitive as Gray/Tyler from Fifa 10.

What I did like was what they did with Fifa 09 where you were able to purchase (think it was €1.50) an alternate commentary pack with Townsend and Tyldesley so maybe do the same for Fifa 11, have two seperate commentary teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Another question Id have is: I heard that fifa 11 will include support for custom soundtracks, or importing songs. Firstly, is this true, and secondly, if it is does that mean that the same work will not go into the selection of songs that are packaged in-game?

If so, its understandable, it's just the soundtracks in the last 2 or 3 fifas has been good, although as Yapa said it can get repetitive after a year through no fault of the game itself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Another question Id have is: I heard that fifa 11 will include support for custom soundtracks, or importing songs. Firstly, is this true, and secondly, if it is does that mean that the same work will not go into the selection of songs that are packaged in-game?

If so, its understandable, it's just the soundtracks in the last 2 or 3 fifas has been good, although as Yapa said it can get repetitive after a year through no fault of the game itself.

Are you kidding? The soundtrack for FIFA 10 is terrible! At least I've heard of some of the songs on Fifa 09 (or knew them when they hit the airwaves)

I turned off the music straight away.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Thanks for the questions folks.

Will go through them and hopefully be able to get some feedback on some of them and report back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 d_regal_jester

Hi Guys,

A good thread..... The one major flaw in the game engine I believe is game weighting..... not sure if you have noticed but if you play lots as I do then you will have noticed. Some games you can be totally dominant, yet....you will hit the post time and time again, keeper makes blinding saves, then they get one chance and the keeper goes lala and they score.... Big problem

The other one is forced substitution due to injury,if a player is injured he makes a full recovery a few mins later

Also, if the keeper pulls down a player on the way through 1 on 1 , he has to be shown a red....., this has to happen....

Also, if the keeper pulls down a player on the way through 1 on 1 , he has to be shown a red....., this has to happen....

In the World Cup game, 9 times out of 10 the keeper gets sent off unless there's a centre back covering or whatnot.

It works really well, so hopefully it'll be pulled over to the new FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I just switched the commentary in FIFA 10 to Swedish :)

🤪

Please allow for more substitutions during a game in the options menu. Sometimes I'm playing with mates at home and it'd be nice to have a "friendly mode" where you can have upto 7 subs come on or whatnot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ok folks I was lucky enough to get to meet David Rutter Line Producer on FIFA 11 today and have a quick chat with him and get to have a play of FIFA 11.

I got to ask him a number of the main questions in the thread and get some feedback and answers to those along with some other details on whats due in the game.
    There is an embargo on giving away any of the details about the game at the minute however so I will have to hold off for a while before I can post answers and fill you in on the details but I have to say the game plays great and theres a lot of exciting stuff been done with it and a lot of the issues from FIFA 10 have been improved. You are all definitely going to love FIFA 11!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Axwell wrote: »
    Ok folks I was lucky enough to get to meet David Rutter Line Producer on FIFA 11 today and have a quick chat with him and get to have a play of FIFA 11.

I got to ask him a number of the main questions in the thread and get some feedback and answers to those along with some other details on whats due in the game.
    There is an embargo on giving away any of the details about the game at the minute however so I will have to hold off for a while before I can post answers and fill you in on the details but I have to say the game plays great and theres a lot of exciting stuff been done with it and a lot of the issues from FIFA 10 have been improved. You are all definitely going to love FIFA 11!!

I speak for all of us when I say: "Spill the f*cking beans, bosco!" :pac:

No can do, embargo till near the end of the month and signed a piece of paper to be sworn to secrecy till then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

No can do, embargo till near the end of the month and signed a piece of paper to be sworn to secrecy till then!

Ah in that case...it appears you have also signed your own death warrant :pac:

So then this post was merely to dangle the carrot, oh you big tease.

Parawind wrote: »
    So then this post was merely to dangle the carrot, oh you big tease.

Guilty :D

But also just to keep you all posted that I did take a look over the questions and go through what I could with David today in the time I had!

Guilty :D

But also just to keep you all posted that I did take a look over the questions and go through what I could with David today in the time I had!

Thanks Axwell, looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So you cant tell us his response. Could you at least say if they were generally positive?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement