Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

myself and redhairedguy will be there about 7 onwards, for a few hours, so don't loose heart if you're gonna be later..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I prob wont be down there so early 2moro. Maybe around 4 or 5. Fuck all money so no cookies this time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Jez i don't know, my confidence took a beating last Wednesday when i was ignored and left by myself..... a weaker minded person probably wouldn't go back again.... but i'm willing to try again :P (yes i know you weren't even there when this happened :D)

I was there! then steyr(dave) and asmoden, (Richie i hope?), think there the right names! headed off for pints and i was too chicken to go ask was anyone "from the internet!" so i headed off soon after that!

Il try and print off a sign "galway gamer group" tomorrow if i have time to stick on a chair or on the wall to alleiviate the "are you from the internet" shame!

Actually feck my printer is broken!
    Anyone else print one off? it would help people find each other anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yup you got the name right! :D
    I recognise a few of the regulars so if I see you I'll come over and if you see me don't be afraid to say hello. Any newcomers can get a gander at my pics in the "know your galwegians" thread so they'll recognise me.

• Advertisement

I would do it but I don't have a printer I'm afraid :(

Yeah my one is out of ink too :( We need a mascot to put on the table! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Flojo wrote: »
    I would do it but I don't have a printer I'm afraid :(
    Damn gamers and yer technology- surely a pen and paper would suffice!!?:pac:

baldshin wrote: »

Emm you have a point haha! I would have done a funky one on GIMP though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

baldshin wrote: »

Hahaha, pwned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Hahaha, pwned
    dy29vc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

dy29vc.jpg

:D Ok, I deserved that.
    But what comic is that from? Looks a little like Cyanide & Happiness but I don't think it is.

:D Ok, I deserved that.
    But what comic is that from? Looks a little like Cyanide & Happiness but I don't think it is.
    The Warehouse

http://www.warehousecomic.com/comic_083.php

Myself asmoden and columc are in here now if anyone fancies calling in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

i went on a drinking binge last night till 7am...and i had work at 9am so i was in no state to sit in a darkened room squinting at a monitor after that. :(

No worries!
    Only myself asmoden, and columc was there for awhile.
    We played armaII, L4D2 and some cyrsis. armaII would be brilliant with alot of players, its very technical so wouldnt be everyones cup of tea.
    L4D2 is just brilliant and crysis seems good.

Will have to organise something for next weekend, saturday afternoon i reckon is good as sundays are usually write offs/hangovers!!! plan it out properly as well so people wont be left on there own etc.

Hmm I posted on the group wall and texted Richie.. I really wasn't feeling upto doing anything today. Next weeks mini LAN or whatever we decide to do will be properly organised. Will take other internet cafes into consideration due to see if there are ones with a better selection of games.
    Next week I promise I will have cookies.. just need to dose myself with oranges etc. :)

Dont worry about it! this is galway!! if only 50% of a plan is pulled off its considered a success!!

Right I am in the middle of setting up our own social network which should have blogs and a forum. So i'll make up for my absences :)

http://galway-gamer-group.socialgo.com/

Our new website.

Access code is GGG

:)

• Advertisement

Need a few ideas from all of you about the next LAN so get your asses in our forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

This whole time I avoided this thread cause my internet connection is crap at home and cant play games online. Then having read this thread I realise that yes, there are places such a frickin internet cafés for gaming.

I am an idiot. :o

Is it too late to join?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

This whole time I avoided this thread cause my internet connection is crap at home and cant play games online. Then having read this thread I realise that yes, there are places such a frickin internet cafés for gaming.

I am an idiot. :o

Is it too late to join?
    No, it's not :)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132876763412891
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/GalwayGamerGrp
    Access code is GGG for the website

so join us :)

Impromptu session tomorrow evening? 7pm squares eyes?

Any takers?

hopefully yes. i'm going down to Galway tomorrow to look at houses but i'm staying overnight with my brother. hopefully i'll be able to make it :)

hmm doesnt look like there is any takers for this, will probably have to wait until the weekend

we'll have to leave it, though i won't be down at the weekend :(
    looks like it'll be september before i'll be playing with ye

Hey lads. Already posted this on the GGG but thought I'd leave it here too. Kinda strapped for cash at the moment, might be around on the weekend. Might organise an xbox type thingy if anyones around.

Don't forget to join our website for a bit more banter ;)

• Advertisement

Flojo wrote: »
    Don't forget to join our website for a bit more banter ;)

What's this then? You haven't mentioned it before :rolleyes: haha

Advertisement