Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Got locked out of my gaff last night, only got back in about an hour ago. Mammy to the rescue thank christ. Sorry I could make it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I went to bed at about 11 today and didn't wake up until after 3 and had stuff to do. Annoyed, but well rested. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I ditched this one on purpose as I was rather unwell.

I raise the stakes to an impromptu session on Wednesday, as I know for a fact myself and redhairedguy are both off.

If I'm back in Galway early enough I'll head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Might be able to make it in, im only working til 5. not 100% on it yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

aaaaannnnd bump...

okay i should be moved into my new house and have everything sorted by saturday. anyone up for a game on sunday? :D

Hey dude. i'm off saturday, workin 3 til 11 sunday!

Just after moving into a new gaff today so once I get everything sorted out i'll try organise another meet up! But i'm sure some peeps will be up for gaming Sunday. If I have the money I'll pop down :)

Might go for a couple of hours if there's no football.

well i might be moving down tomorrow so Asmodean, we could be able to have a session on saturday. i won't know til tomorrow though what i'm doing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Lukja

Hey guys, do you accept foreign students? I'll bring my own laptop ofc!:)

Of course we do. We accept all who are willing to game, regardless of anything :) we'll be doing LANs in someone's house as well as meet-ups in squareyes (internet cafe down on forster street).

Facebook group

Lukja wrote: »
    Hey guys, do you accept foreign students? I'll bring my own laptop ofc!:)

Of course we do hun! I accepted your request on the facebook page, welcome! :)

Great, thanks! The next few days will be very busy for me but... I can't say the same for the remaining 9 months. :D I'll follow this thread and the FB page to make sure I don't miss anything! :)

Good stuff lads! Nice to see a bit of interest picking back up. We knew the students coming back would give the group good business! lol Absolutely everyone is more than welcome!
    well i might be moving down tomorrow so Asmodean, we could be able to have a session on saturday. i won't know til tomorrow though what i'm doing.
    Good man! Sure give me a shout if you're around anyway. If ya want my no. give me a quick PM. Anyone else that's free tomorrow or Sunday try and head on down. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭lostboy75

Hey all, will put my name down as well,
    not that good anymore, but i do enjoy the games,
    and am a regular in the cafe anyway.

Looks like I'm free this Sat/Sun... Well, I've a lot of things to do, but I should have enough spare time to get in.
    If I can find the place, that's it. :D

Excellent. well its not hard to find. could meet in the square and pop down then? im free all day tomorrow.

Checked it out on GMaps, looks like yesterday evening I passed just in front of it without noticing. Just tell me a good hour to be there.
    Also, should I bring my own laptop or use one from the store? And what the costs?
    Thank you guys! :D

AFAIK you cant bring your own, you have to use theirs,
    if its your first time in their you in for a treat, they have a great set up.
    i think the price is 4 euro an hour for everyone on sundays? but am open to correction.
    its a small looking place beside a bookies and subway, on the right hand side of the street going from eyre sq, after park hotel.
    down stairs for the gaming,

• Advertisement

Yup i think it might even be 3e per hour sundays. for all other times get the ratesavers card. 15 euro for 5 hours. anyone thinking of heading in today drop me a pm and we can arrange something!

I'm away this weekend so would anyone be interested in organising a midweek one?

Yeah no problem. im off wednesday and im sure a few others will be too so we'll try round up a few heads!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

What time are they open until?

Just in squareeyes now, f*ck me this place is impressive!

Welcome newcomers! As far as I know they are open til 11pm? Correct me if I am wrong. So looks like there is interest for this Sunday and Wed! If I have the money I will try to attend one of them.. this moving house business is playing havoc on my expenses hehe. Yes Dan we will try organise a midweek LAN one week and see how that goes!
    Ritchie if you plan on attending one of those days could you please set up an event for it? :)
    Galway Gamer Group will have revived fully after the 9th.. giving everyone time to settle into courses and get some cash together! Watch this space for a bigger LAN coming soon.

Tomorrow, Sun 5th,
    are there people heading in? if so what time?
    am free all day

sorry guys, but i'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow. i had to delay moving in til tomorrow so unless i go down early and we have a session in the evening, i won't make it :(:(:(:(

I'll be around tomorrow evening, so if it actually is open til 11....:D

• Advertisement

I've been there today, I hadn't much to do so I kinda explored the place... And the stations, of course. :D I also sucked at CoD 4, lol. It had been months since I last played it.
    Very nice place and friendly staff, even the customers are cool, a guy even offered me to use his steam account to play TF2. A lot of kids, but that doesn't matter. Normal price is 5€/hour so it's a bit expensive, but w/ cards and offers the price drops considerably. Unfortunately I'll not be able to come and play in the next few days (too much to do for the university :pac:) but I'll check this page often and hope to find someone up for the gaming.

Advertisement