Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

definitely not going to make it today. had to delay moving in til about 7/8 tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Called down a few hours ago but everyone must have been gone at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭lostboy75

was down for about 2 hours, 4-6ish,
    place was very busy, joined a few people playing MW2 lan, was good fun,
    i normally go during the week, 8-10 or so, and its always quite, was first time there on the weekend, (normally weekends dont suit me)
    anyone on for this wednesday evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Hey guys sorry I've been fairly quiet as of late. I'm around this evening, say 5-6ish for a bit of a session. I won't be around for very long though because I'm up at 6 tomorrow morning for work. Probably be in for about 2 hours or so ( I think thats whats left on my card!) To avoid missing people when we get in there I was thinking that anyone who is interested could meet up at a close location such as the square and pop in then? From past experience it can be a bit intimidating for newcomers to head downstairs and not have a clue who anyone is! lol

popped in yesterday at about 4.30 but there was no one else there so just left again. first time i've been in [ii] and it's an impressive set up. how broke is everyone, or can ye spend a few bob again? i'm not going to be around this weekend, but someone mentioned something about a mid-week game...? :)

• Advertisement

Hey everyone. posted up some info on the group facebook page about arranging something for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Asmodean wrote: »
    Hey everyone. posted up some info on the group facebook page about arranging something for the weekend.

Nice one dude, will defo make this one if I'm not going away. :)

definitely going to be around this weekend. looking forward to finally meeting ye all :D

any particular time ye want to head in at?

Personally I'm flexible time-wise so I'll open up the floor for discussion as to what suits people!

• Advertisement

okay, so no one has said a time that doesn't suit, so shall we just meet outside [ii] around 2pm? if it doesn't suit, let us know :)

Yarr I should be there about 3pm if I'm going.. i think I should be though :)

i'm going to be a bit late today. i'll be there at about 2.30 or 3pm :)

anyone there now? don't recognise any of ye, and don't want to go up to random strangers and ask are you from boards? :o i'm upstairs now atm

whiteman19 wrote: »
    anyone there now? don't recognise any of ye, and don't want to go up to random strangers and ask are you from boards? :o i'm upstairs now atm

Hey hun downstairs is where it's at. You prob won't see anyone upstairs! I spent a bit too much money while out last night. Cant afford to go today, need money for Dublin on tues :(

For those that don't know.. Irelands Largest gaming exhibition will take place in City West on the 29th of October.
    Quite a few people interested in going already. If theres enough interest I will organise a bus going from Galway! Let me know anyways...and il check it out.

Just set up a fresh event for it today on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136135063099851&ref=mf

GAMER Expo will have several ‘Zones’ each designated to deliver engaging experiences to gamers.

Zones will include: -

* LAN War I – will feature 6 LAN War Arenas.

* The DEMO Zone – will feature game and hardware demonstrations.

* The RETAIL Zone – after you try in the Demo Zone – you can buy (or pre-order!) in the retail zone.

* The 3D Zone – come and see the future of TV and 3D gaming in the 3D Zone.

* The INTERNET Zone

* The ‘LIVE’ Stage – will be the center point of all of the ‘action’ at GAMER Expo.

* GAMER Club Lounge – a rest ‘n relax area for GAMER Club members.

Sub-events will be held on an ongoing basis, throughout the weekend.

Sub-events will include: -

* Numerous Gaming Tournaments
    * COSPLAY Competition (on Sunday 31st October – Halloween Day)
    * LIVE Music
    * Presentations from manufacturers, developers and other industry professionals.

Sign up to join the Gamer Club for free and you get sweet ass membership benefits for the day!
    http://www.gamerexpo.net/?page_id=196

TRAVEL INFO:

I plan on organising a bus from Galway, can stop off in Athlone aswell. If there is enough interest I'll fire ahead!

Making your own way? Here's directions!
    http://www.gamerexpo.net/?page_id=22

ACCOMODATION INFO:

http://www.citywesthotel.com/
    Offical hotel of the Expo, 40euro per person sharing (twin/double/triple rooms), with a gaming den set up in their function room for after.

OR

If hotel is too pricey there is a hostel in town that is nice and cheap!
    Means it's easier access to clubs/pubs/tattoo exhibition the next day etc!
    http://reservations.bookhostels.com/isaacs.ie/hosteldetails.php?HostelNumber=107&Currency=EUR&DateStart=2010-10-29&inday=29&inmonth=10&NumNights=1&check_av

So let me know which you guys would prefer :)

Two more things then I will stop criting your face with this wall of text hehe!

Theres a gig on in The Twisted Pepper at around 11pm after, zombie attire is essential. For more info check this out.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=159484837399950&ref=ts

Also tattoo convention on the next day (30th) in Ballsbridge, 15euro if anyone if interested in that aswell. I know I would be :)
    http://www.dublintattooconvention.com/faq.html

Hope to see some of you heads there! Flóra :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I won't be home til the 6th November :(

Mactard wrote: »
    I won't be home til the 6th November :(

Aww thats a shame hun. Not to worry there's always next year! :)

NEW PAGE ON FACEBOOK!!

Forgot to mention it beforehand. I think page statuses show up on the home page because as far as I know the group ones did not.

Anyways join away so we can get gaming! Cheers :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Galway-Gamer-Group/116323901759169

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand bump.

anyone up for a game sometime? been a while and it's about time i go to one :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

BUMP!

Anybody good for Saturday 11th?? Say 16:30pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

LoL

Havent been in there since they got rid of C&C Generals tbh. Cant game this weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

If any xboxers are looking for a game of Black Ops or Battlefield pop over to the xbox forum and join us..There's a good few Galway gamers on those forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'll be there at half 4 on Sat, as agreed with Steyr, by shouting down the street at him. :D

Was good craic when I bumped into Steyr that last time. Headed in [ii]'s and had great craic with Nazi zombies and L4D2.

got exams now. have 2 tomorrow, then off til tuesday, but no way am i studying the whole time :P supposed to be studying now, but taking a break

i'll see if i can make it.

Good man Whiteman!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

I've got a few things on that evening but I'll try to make it down for an hour or two around 5pm.

BUMP

I will have a piece of paper beside us saying Boards.ie for the noobz!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

No one I asked was from boards soo... Hmm. Will strive to make it down on time next.

• Advertisement

I was there for 5pm got held back in work for a bit, COD Black Ops is brilliant!

Advertisement