Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Well, i've never played LAN/online before apart from with my brother, but it was good aul craic with civis today. i'm surprised at how good i was :pac: except when we started playing MW2 with some strangers who totally kicked my ass.

steyr, i'll never be able to make tuesdays. most hectic day with labs and all. thursday-sunday usually suit, but ye go ahead with whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Forgot to reply to your text Steyr.

I'll be there on Tues if I can.

Thargor wrote: »
    How noobie friendly is this group to someone who's been out of the game since Quake III/Counterstrike days?
    It's fairly casual. We do try to be competitive but I think we all just want to make sure everyone has a bit of craic.

We'd play a mix of games, so you should be able to find something that suits you best. If you played Quake III and CS you shouldn't be too long getting up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Best way to describe it is, good games require good people otherwise its a loda of b0ll0ks involving some random stranger (that sound bad) but in fairness the best games involve the tooth and nail to the finish. Seriously who wants to compete against someone who can't put up a good defence, some of the best games I've ever played, I lost. But by C! I enjoyed the challange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

How noobie friendly is this group to someone who's been out of the game since Quake III/Counterstrike days?

We are all friendly :D Pop down or send me or Civis_liberalis a PM and we can meet you.

• Advertisement

Forgot to reply to your text Steyr.

I'll be there on Tues if I can.

No prob, Asmodean is definately coming and possiby Karl Hungus.

whiteman19 wrote: »
    steyr, i'll never be able to make tuesdays. most hectic day with labs and all. thursday-sunday usually suit, but ye go ahead with whatever.

Thats no problem, leave it this weekend ( Stocktake in work ) but perhaps in 2 weeks time we can sort something out as next weekend is 6 Nations time.

Steyr wrote: »
    Thats no problem, leave it this weekend ( Stocktake in work ) but perhaps in 2 weeks time we can sort something out as next weekend is 6 Nations time.
    No problem. i'll be heading home this weekend anyway, and i'm going up to dublin the following week for noc beers. i'll see closer to the time anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Faerdan

We're organising a LAN in 091Labs for next Friday 11th February at 5pm.

20 spaces (though we can probably fit more) and 12 are booked (at the time of writing this).

More info here on Boards and here on our website.

Booking is here (no registration required).

Everyone's welcome, and we'll have two "Hotseat" computers for those who want to drop in for a game or two.

BUMP

Anybody fancy Saturday 12th at 15:00??

• Advertisement

i'm out. heading home for the weekend. but possibly the next weekend. still have a few hours left on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tommyboyjedi

oi peeps

i just moved over to Galway from London.

I luv ze gamez! so hope there's room for another noob to join in?

im a bit of an MMO freak, well... used to be, now i tend to Civ5 and MW it up a bit.

what u guys normally get up to? LANning on a saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I used to be a die hard PC FPS player, switched to the xbox for convenience and housemates owning the 360 a few years back. Last time I was at one of these things in Square Eyes, I was pretty crappy at first, but it does come back to you pretty quickly, and after a few games I was doing really well. But, to be honest, these things are definitely more about having a laugh, and a laugh you really do have. Me, I love games like COD/SOF2/L4D/QIII, but I'm open to anything really in the interests of having a good time.

oi peeps

i just moved over to Galway from London.

I luv ze gamez! so hope there's room for another noob to join in?

im a bit of an MMO freak, well... used to be, now i tend to Civ5 and MW it up a bit.

what u guys normally get up to? LANning on a saturday?

Hi there, we will organis one some saturday soon. I am working late this Saturday but we will re-organise, welcome to Galway and welcome to Boards.ie

And there is ALWAYS room for more cannon fodder sorry I mean noobies to join! We usually mix it up with Modern Warfare2/Nazi Zombies/Call Of Juarez 2/GTA ya know! :D

BUMP!!

anyone up for a game this weekend?

Cant tis my birthday in Bierhaus 8pm on sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tommyboyjedi

I would, but this weekend I shall mostly be sat on my sofa geeking out on Dragon Age 2 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i'll be in there with a few mates this saturday, not sure what time

B U M P

Anybody fancy Square eyes this Saturday 02/04/11, I will be there at 3pm onwards.

Might wander in if I'm not busy. Will give you a shout if I am.

• Advertisement

around this weekend, so might try to pop in at some stage. still have a few hours left on my card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ill be there! Ill get in around half 3 for a couple of hours :)

Myself, Asmodean and Whiteman Gaming FTW!

don't forget about civis now :P (if he makes it)

whiteman19 wrote: »
    don't forget about civis now :P (if he makes it)
    civis is goin home to the sticks tomorrow.

cheers for letting us know. hopefully you can come another time :)

Great fun was had yesterday, good to meet Whiteman19, I callz for more Shenanigans! :D

Free For All's Rock! Also GTA4 is epic.

yes more shenanigans must be had...as long as you don't pick the bow next time :P

how does sometime this weekend suit?

BUMP!

anyone up for this weekend, or leave it for another time?

• Advertisement

Tapped. Not this weekend.

Advertisement