Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

skelliser wrote: »
    what time?

Time O clock!

Ah no I dunno, I reckon I'll be there pretty early anyways. Probably around 3pm again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Flojo wrote: »
    Life much? :pac:

;)

Lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

hmm 3pm you say! dunno if i can make it that early probably 4/5

skelliser wrote: »
    hmm 3pm you say! dunno if i can make it that early probably 4/5

Dont be screen watchin either:pac: Brilliant craic on Sat with ya man, sneeky laughs when gettin shot at:pac:

Yeah cool sure no problemos.. plenty of hotdogs in there to keep me company nom nom nom!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

what time are you guys playin wednesday? I'm off, so that could be cool.

can't believe someone called battlefront absolute **** - if you knew now many sleepless nights myself and redhairedguy stayed up playing battlefront lan until 7am!! was it battlefront or battlefront 2? the second one is miles better, and only when you play it in 3rd person. i agree the 1st person is a bit naff.

Steyr wrote: »
    Dont be screen watchin either:pac: Brilliant craic on Sat with ya man, sneeky laughs when gettin shot at:pac:

Moi, screenwatching! NEVER!

can't believe someone called battlefront absolute **** - if you knew now many sleepless nights myself and redhairedguy stayed up playing battlefront lan until 7am!! was it battlefront or battlefront 2? the second one is miles better, and only when you play it in 3rd person. i agree the 1st person is a bit naff.

In truth it is dated, it was such a shock to go from mw2 to that. I used to be a massive star wars fan, tie fighter on the pc being excellent but ever since george lucas ruined his own creation with those unspeakable films i like it less and less.

i played it a few weeks ago, still thought it was great fun. dunno. guess i'd be biased seeing as i've played it since 2003 though...

can't beat mw2 though. i'm much more of a pc gamer usually, but the past year i've been using the xbox, so i'm probably pretty poor at this stage on the pc. what's the story when playin in square eyes - are you allowed make your own profiles and stuff? must be annoying not having any unlocks....i hate most of the starting weapons!

I'll prob be there around 3 and it was the first one lol! But it did give me a bit of a giggle :D

• Advertisement

cool. i'll probably call in then if you guys are definitely going to be there. word of warning though - i'm rubbish at anything except first person games...

cool. i'll probably call in then if you guys are definitely going to be there. word of warning though - i'm rubbish at anything except first person games...

No worries dude it's all about having fun......and pointing and laughing at nubs :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Won't make it in for this one. Next one for sure.

Have fun guys. Stop screenwatchin!!!

2ai3uwn.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

2ai3uwn.png
    nice, very nice :)
    good work civis.

I also vote for some Rock Band at some point. Maybe not the next time, but some time in the future.

Also guys, if you have some gamer friends that are not boardsies, don't hesitate to invite them along.

Sure we might convert them :D

I also vote for some Rock Band at some point. Maybe not the next time, but some time in the future.

I have rockband at home with two guitars. If only we had a venue we could use regularly.. will need to look into it!

I'm not that bothered about guitars myself. It's the drums and mic that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Totally into the rock band idea too. Will play anything but I won't/can't sing until I have at least 4-5 pints in me! :D

• Advertisement

Question

( Yes say the above like Dwight K Shrute...:pac: )

Are we going for pints after this on Wednesday Night?

Ah Dwight, legend :D

I think people were considering Sunday for a few beers with the gaming group/coinciding with the boards beers (?) Not 100% sure on that yet though but I think that's the plan.

I guess we could.. whoever can afford it kinda thing :)

Theres the Zombie walk on Thurs too and a few of us are going for beers after that! Also ment to be beerage after gaming session on Sun. Then theres the Boards beers, hopefully that will be Sun too but it's not looking likely O.o

Holy **** that's a lotta beerage! :D I could go for a few after the wed session alright cos I'll prob miss the boards beers if it ain't on Sunday.

Nice 1, hope we can go for a few on Wednesday as il be in the UK watching Fighter Jets like F-22 Raptors and B52 Bombers fly at the RIAT Airshow, Gotta tell ya nothin comes close to being near a Military Jet on Military Power with the Afterburners on and flames coming right out the back!

Like This:
    1-77.jpg

And thats an F22A Raptor US Air Force, i believe il return deaf:cool:

That is some sexy pic!! Love it. :D
    Yeah sure I say we'll rustle up a few for beers on wednesday so!

Steyr wrote: »
    i believe il return deaf:cool:
    Sure I found it easy enough to sneak up behind ye with a knife the other day anyway :D Oh yeah, I went there. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

There is a twitter account www.twitter.com/galwaygamergrp with updates on when stuff is being organised and what time people are arriving at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Jaysus this is fairly taking off, i thought it would die a quick death being honest!

• Advertisement

Sorry to dissapoint!!

Nope, this is only starting to take off, last saturday i reckon about 10 showed up over the course of the day and that was a very impromptu event.

If your still interested come down tomorrow, there will be people in square eyes from 3pm onwards.

Failing that come down on sunday/saturday(tbc) for our first proper event. Should be a big event hopefully we will get about 20+. We should have a few from the hackerspace and the nuig compsoc. You dont have to be a member of either tho. Everybody and all levels are welcome.
    Also afterwards people are going for a few drinks!!

So if you want to play, any game btw, and have a great laugh with friendly people come on down!!! The more the merrier!
    here is our facebook page btw http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139145289437554&index=1#!/group.php?gid=132876763412891

Advertisement