Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming club - Galway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'll definitely be there tomorrow from about half 2 onwards. my housemate'll be there as well, he does have a boards account but not sure if he's ever used the galway forum..

who's confirmed so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Il be there around 7pm, hopefully pints after:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Sure I found it easy enough to sneak up behind ye with a knife the other day anyway Oh yeah, I went there. haha
    Sneaky!! lol

I'll be there from about 7 too! Can't wait to see a few new faces. Had brilliant craic the last time. Then heading for a few jars around half 9/10. All welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

skelliser wrote: »
    Failing that come down on sunday/saturday(tbc) for our first proper event. Should be a big event hopefully we will get about 20+.

The more the merrier, but I will point out that if you're bringing that no of people down at the weekend you may well want to book at least some of the PCs to avoid disappointing anyone - we have 32/33 working gaming PCs at the mo (one has a busted monitor, another I'm sure has been fixed but I can't guarantee it right now), plus the 4 triple screens.
    Sat afternoons can be bedlam as I'm sure you know, and Sundays with the 3euro rate can go either way, with a tendency to get busy particularly later in the afternoon.
    Esp since the weather now seems to have broken - rainy weekend = busier squareyes, and the schools are still on hols.

I don't want to discourage anyone by any means, but I'd hate for you to organise a mass of people to show up and have some of you hanging around unable to play cause we're full to capacity.

Alternatively, peak times would be from ~2-6pm Sat and about the same Sun, before and after then the ratio of kids drops dramatically

damn you guys. i'll be gone by 7 - unless i managed to stay right through from half 2 till then, don't think i could live with myself though..

• Advertisement

Orange Box, Mass Effect, GTA4, Left4Dead 2, OP Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising, Flashpoint FFUR mod, Borderlands, Crysis, Company of Heroes, Total War, C&C, Warhammer, Dawn of War, Sega Rally, Dirt, FIFA 10, PES.

stop press - they have dawn of war? god that game sucked away an entire year of my life. best rts ever! company of heroes is a close second, unbelievably awesome game. does anyone else play them? myself and redhairedguy have spent many a lan locked away in a darkened room for hours on end playing both those games. funnily enough coh and dawn of war are the only two games installed on my laptop at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Hey guys, will hopefully be in [ii] tomorrow around 5:30-6pm Should be a good laugh and get some people there.

Also if any of you have a twitter account follow the gaming club twitter at http://twitter.com/GalwayGamerGrpJust to keep up to date when people are heading down to [ii] or if any mini LAN is being planned or any major LAN parties around galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

stop press - they have dawn of war? god that game sucked away an entire year of my life. best rts ever! company of heroes is a close second, unbelievably awesome game. does anyone else play them? myself and redhairedguy have spent many a lan locked away in a darkened room for hours on end playing both those games. funnily enough coh and dawn of war are the only two games installed on my laptop at the moment...

If you like COH, check out http://www.squareyes.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&board=3.0. There's a small bunch of guys who regularly try to organize casual 4v4, 2v2 etc games, usually fri afternoons, and they're always looking for more folk. The owner plays himself and they have a number of mods/maps installed.
    I've been looking to get into a little more RTS myself, and the guys are mad keen on COH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Grr I'm so raging I missed today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Did today go ahead? Saw no updates about it and didn't finish work till half 6 so didn't bother.

• Advertisement

baldshin wrote: »
    Did today go ahead? Saw no updates about it and didn't finish work till half 6 so didn't bother.

Yeah theres a few down there now.. was just chatting them. Think they're calling it quits at nine and going to the pub!

It all kinda started about seven. I was there earlier, left, and came back again about half 6. At first, I wasn't quite sure who exactly I was waiting for, and I just couldn't bring myself to casually ask 'hey - are you from the internet?'. But it all worked out, played a good bit of Modern Warfare. Typically, I got a weird computer, which kept crashing at the point in the game where it says 'time is running out'. But still had a fun time.

"Hey are you from the internet?" has been something I've been asking quite a lot of people lately. It's weird.

"Hey are you from the internet?" has been something I've been asking quite a lot of people lately. It's weird.

Not the only one... people need to stop me doing it when I'm drunk :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

I got down there late enough so only got an hour or so in. Im game for a marathon session at the weekend.
    TerrorFirmer, was i sitting next to you, if that was you, you fragged me ****loads of times! LOL! still gettin used to the keyboard!

Yeah that was me :)

Someone called 'Richie' was my nemesis....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

haha aye terrorfirmer and richie were both good, i always came 3rd/4th in the matches i played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

damn it. can't believe i missed it again :( seems like good craic.
    i won't be around for this weekend's either. so it'll be a while before i'm able to meet up with ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

When ye playing again?

Haven't really played in months but up for a bit of a laugh!

Anyone that missed it yesterday don't worry because you'll have loads of time to get in on the action. Having another go on Sunday sure!
    Myself and Steyr popped in at 7, played a bit of COD then went down for a few drinks at 9. Played nazi zombies for the first time too, was epic! It was nice to meet a few new faces in there yesterday.
    I'm Richiw btw Terrorfirmer, was sitting next to you for a bit when your machine kept crashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Nazi Zombies is a class game mode! And it's great practice for anyone who has to work with the public. (Hordes of braindead ejits trying to fuc< with your head, sound familiar?)

Asmodean wrote: »
    Anyone that missed it yesterday don't worry because you'll have loads of time to get in on the action. Having another go on Sunday sure!
    Myself and Steyr popped in at 7, played a bit of COD then went down for a few drinks at 9. Played nazi zombies for the first time too, was epic! It was nice to meet a few new faces in there yesterday.
    I'm Richiw btw Terrorfirmer, was sitting next to you for a bit when your machine kept crashing.

I was there...but once ye went playing 4 player Nazi Zombies in another area i headed off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I'm free on sunday so 7pm sounds good to me if we want to make it semi-official?

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I'm free on sunday so 7pm sounds good to me if we want to make it semi-official?

i won't be free til seven sunday either so that sounds good to me also, but i guess it might be a bit late for those who have the weekend off..

What time are people thinking of going down tomorrow, I was thinking of heading in after the parade, Galway weather permitting!!

Cool stuff I was thinking of heading in around 3/4 and staying on til about 9 or so! What time is the parade over?

It starts at 2 so reckon it will be over by 3, so ya, will probably head in for 3.30

Nice one I'll see you in there! Hopefully we'll have a good group together.

skelliser wrote: »
    What time are people thinking of going down tomorrow

Jez i don't know, my confidence took a beating last Wednesday when i was ignored and left by myself..... a weaker minded person probably wouldn't go back again.... but i'm willing to try again :P (yes i know you weren't even there when this happened :D)

• Advertisement

**** man what happened, I didn't get down there til 7 last time.

Advertisement