Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment- New Appplicants Comments

• 07-07-2010 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I would like new applicants to post comments here about there views on the recruitment process. It seems the other threads are just full of other people who have been waiting away and posting countless post and only value there own opinions so I would ask them to leave this thread for new people and keep there 2 cents elsewhere. Somehow I am sure them posters wont resist but please try. It cant be that hard to restrain yourself!!

To get the ball rolling I will simply ask what draws you to the garda...for most. im sure it is a case of a steady job in tough times. But im sure there are varying circumstances. Have ye done much preparation work thus far?

I feel alot of them prep courses though obviously a benefit are just a money spinner and dont give you much value for your buck.

Feel free to post any thoughts and opinions here about the competition for new recruits. All comments welcome in a free and open environment. The aim is to keep the ' garda recruitment experts' in there own thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

There are already several threads related to new applicants, and as this is an open forum i think pretty much anyone can post where they like.

Your not far off the mark with regard prep courses, a lot are a pile of p**s i know of a good one though.

And the so-called "garda recruitment experts" may not be to your liking, but some will have been through the stages and can offer good insight into whats involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

The first post reply doesnt get the point. I am not digging anyone. would just like to hear new recruits opinions. This is a valid thread and I would let the mod decide not you if it is not. Im sure he can make his own mind up . Of course anybody can post here but I was looking for new recruits opinions they can find advice in other threads. This was not ment to be an advice thread.....just simply new recruits thoughts. I suspect you are the exact person who has posted before on such topics...and if you used a seperate account..thats just sad. Dont knock my thread for the sake of it. Its very petty. This was not my intention...just new recruits comments, what the title said.

The first post reply doesnt get the point. I am not digging anyone. would just like to hear new recruits opinions. This is a valid thread and I would let the mod decide not you if it is not. Im sure he can make his own mind up . Of course anybody can post here but I was looking for new recruits opinions they can find advice in other threads. This was not ment to be an advice thread.....just simply new recruits thoughts. I suspect you are the exact person who has posted before on such topics...and if you used a seperate account..thats just sad. Dont knock my thread for the sake of it. Its very petty. This was not my intention...just new recruits comments, what the title said.

Im not questioning the validity of your thread, im in no position to, just letting you know there are threads for new applicants already, in case you didnt know.

Im not the person to which you refer, ive been here a while and your right setting up another account would be sad. And my intention wasnt to knock your thread, just offered some advice re: prep courses and other threads,thats all.

only you know your motives man....but im not here to argue with anyone. im not looking for advice either. A reasonable man looking at your reply would question why that 2 cents was thrown in....obvious impulse reaction going on.

only you know your motives man....but im not here to argue with anyone. im not looking for advice either. A reasonable man looking at your reply would question why that 2 cents was thrown in....obvious impulse reaction going on.

No motive behind it, just sharing some thoughts. Im not looking for an argument either. However i would say that i found your first remarks saying other posters only cared about their own opinions and referring to them as "experts", a bit insulting. especially seeing as most people on this forum seem to answer each others questions in a helpful way.

• Advertisement

I hate myself for ever replying to you in first place. Fair enough opening thread had a few rising phrases thrown in but the purpose of thread was not to listen to frequent posters like you. But hear new applicants opinions. Im stuck in a roundabout here already and want to get off now. MOD CLOSE THIS THREAD. Its clear from one person that it just wont work. Its impossible to leave a thread alone...you are just 1 of many to come... New applicants will always have to get advice posted no matter what....This thread has no room here. Shame could have been nice to hear others opinions whether valid or not when nobody is as uppty to knock them.

If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.........thats what goes on here and can see that throughout.

Thanks dude. Typical human you are. Represent the masses here from a sample of one. Marvin is not bothered....and true to my word will never post here again no matter what the reply is.....and I will stick to that..... glued!!!!

Marvin spazz is out of here...i see why ye have been left waiting. its as clear as day to me. no loss to the force... over and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

what i want to know is what you two are doing argueing at nearly 3 in the morning :D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭itsallgood

da__flash wrote: »
    what i want to know is what you two are doing argueing at nearly 3 in the morning :D:cool:

Maybe its the same guy with 2 different accounts.....how sad:D

I for one would like to thank Shakin and look forward to working with you someday as you will make a great Garda.
    Well able to to talk down the rif-raf in a civilised manner.
    Beats my approach from last week.

Just hope Marvin_SPAzz stays true to his word and doesn't post again, but then again its always good to have someone a bit nasty and angry about not applying earlier.

How can you ask for an opinion about something you've never done and couldn't possibly know anything about it unless you spoke to someone who's done it? IE: prep courses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Fair play to shakin! You have a lot more patience than I do, you dealt with that child excellently. I'm sure the relevant authorities involved in processing his application will have great crack with him and his hate the world bravado!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Closed by moderator 'nice guy always' but this is by no means over. If you have breached the charter anywhere in this thread, you may expect the appropriate response.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement