Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping Help?

Options
  • 07-07-2010 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Ok I apologize upfront if this is the wrong place to post this...I am not sure where else to post it.

I need to ship my clothes/kitchen stuff etc from America to Ireland, and sending it box by box will be outrageous...is there a shipping service that would be better, has anyone got any experience with this?

Appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

There's loads of companies, just google them and get quotes from as many as possible.

We shipped our stuff the other way, cost about €1500 for the movers but as our container was selected for customs in the US we ended up paying another $300 in fees. This was all our clothes, books (incl many heavy academic books), entire kitchen (incl small appliances) and some small pieces of furniture.

Look up the customs rules for Ireland - going into the US you have to have owned something for a year outside the country to be exempt from duty. When you get a quote check if it includes insurance and what the excess is and also who is liable for any storage/inspection fees for customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

There's loads of companies, just google them and get quotes from as many as possible.

We moved our stuff using an international removals company. I cant remember the price it was a while ago but if you send the stuff by sea its pretty reasonable (bear in mind it can take a month or two to get to the west coast).

Advertisement