Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dole cheque

• 07-07-2010 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Can sombody tell me as im now on the x an o's system and am getting payed by cheque can i cash this cheque or does it need to be lodged to an account and then take 5 days to clear??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    you can lodge it into your account ad as you said it takes ages to clear

I usually take it to my local Post Office (where I was getting my dole from) and take your social welfare card and they cash it straight away.

HTH

Fran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Lodge it in the bank and tell them it's a dole cheque. They won't put a hold on the funds so you will be able to access them straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You can go to the post office and cash it straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

No, if you lodge it in your bank it goes straight in.

Or you can go to your local post office with your card and they'll cash it for you there.

Some shops/supermarkets may also change it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jilly19

I signed up on tuesday and was told i would get a letter in 2-3 weeks of when my first payment will come through! as far as i can remember a couple of yrs ago i was able to get a cheque off my local health clinic so i wouldnt have to wait! can you still do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

Jilly19 wrote: »
    I signed up on tuesday and was told i would get a letter in 2-3 weeks of when my first payment will come through! as far as i can remember a couple of yrs ago i was able to get a cheque off my local health clinic so i wouldnt have to wait! can you still do this?

You can go to the health clinic and ask, they may pay you, but it could slow down your dole payment, as they money has to be repaid to the Health board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭who what when

rockblu wrote: »
    Can sombody tell me as im now on the x an o's system and am getting payed by cheque can i cash this cheque or does it need to be lodged to an account and then take 5 days to clear??

I think that paying by cheque is being phased out now. Well it was for me anyway, i have to go the post office to collect my payment now

Advertisement