Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel expenses to work on public transport - tax deductable?

• 07-07-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Just wondering if this is possible, I commute from Dublin to Blackrock every day and wonder if this is possible to claim this back, i heard it was... what do i need to do, fill out, or ring to get this done?

much appreciated from the wise ones who will help :)

regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

If you get a monthly/yearly tax saver commuter ticket, this can be done.

The last place I worked in forked out for the yearly ticket, and then the cost was deducted from your gross pay, before tax, in 12 monthly deductions.

So to use an example, say you're on €2000 a month, and the ticket is €50 per month, instead of paying Tax and PRSI on €2000, you pay it on €1950

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pfm

You can't claim it back but your employer can buy a monthly or annual ticket for you and deduct the cost from your pre-tax salary so you don't pay tax or PRSI.

You need to ask your employer if they offer this facility or are prepared to offer it. It also saves the employer a little money as they don't have to pay Employer's PRSI on the cost of the ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

excellent! Thanks for the info guys!

Advertisement