Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New or Used wellies

• 07-07-2010 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Would you buy a new or used pair of wellies you need for the outdoor concert season and general wear. Just wondering 'cos putting my feet into a pair of used, sweaty wellies isn't exactly appealing.
    How much would you pay for wellies these days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I like the ones with the cuff on littlewoods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Used wellies? You can buy them in Dunnes or Penneys for a tenner. Then throw them in your shed so you'll have them next year!

Dunnes are really cashing in on the whole festival thing - selling matching tents and little trolley suitcases. Rock and roll......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I wouldn't give a crap about wearing used wellies unless the person was really skanky or had leprosy or something, your foot isn't going to start rotting off from them or anything. Also as far as sweat goes wellies are probably the least absorbant footwear after crocs. For a festival I wouldn't spend more than 20, for gardening I'd go up to 50 as the cheap ones puncture very easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I'm confused as to who would be selling used welly's and in turn who would buy them when you can get a pair for 10euro approx :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got a pair for 8 Euro last year and when I got home I just threw them in the shed, they're still perfect!

Who is selling used wellies? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hi Katiemac :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Micahelxcx

Just wondered

Why would you wear someone else's wellies?
    They are so cheap these days, you don't need to buy secondhand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Any of the highstreet stores will be selling for little or nothing! Dunnes and Pennys. You're feet get hot in wellies, they do get a bit smelly. I would buy your own, if you borrow ones too big you could loose them in deep mud and too small you'll end up having a miserable time with sore feet! :(

I have pink flowery wellies! I love them to bits!

4adc32892e7f8_leopard-wellies.jpg Can't go wrong with leopard print!

4adc430654c38_psycadelic-swirl.jpg totes cute! :)

Both from wellies.ie because it's the festival season I'd definitely check pennys and Dunnes. Lekkie Picnic is coming up at the end of the summer, as well as the ploughing championships..... :rolleyes: wellies will be on sale for the forseeable future, if the weather stays like this you could wear them to work! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Any of the highstreet stores will be selling for little or nothing! Dunnes and Pennys. You're feet get hot in wellies, they do get a bit smelly.

I've always found that my feet sweat in the cheap wellies that I've picked up in Dunnes or Pennys in the past, but if you are willing to spend a little more on wellies such as Hunters, Joules, Aigle, etc. your feet won't sweat as much and they'll last much longer. They're also much more comfortable! And if you're going to Electric Picnic, the Ploughing Championships, or if there's a big freeze again this winter, then you're sorted!

However, if it's just for a weekend, then a cheap pair are fine. If you get a free second hand pair, then I don't see any issue with borrowing them if it saves you a bit of cash (so long as they don't have athlete's foot or fungal infection!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

God "Katie" what is it with you and wellies??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I've reported this thread because 1) Wellies threads are against the charter (I wonder why), and 2) I am sick and tired of wellies and raincoat spam from people who coincidentally always seem to be called Katie.

Wellies spam

katiewellies.jpg

Raincoat Spam

katieraincoat.jpg

Magenta Whats your point?

Don't bully or try to intimidate me or other posters here. I will post what I feel like posting. Ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Micahelxcx wrote: »
    Magenta Whats your point?

Don't bully or try to intimidate me or other posters here. I will post what I feel like posting. Ok?

Where did I name you? Can you quote me please?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement