Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public toilets in Limerick city

Options
  • 07-07-2010 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

To me its seems like theres a serious lack of public toilets in Limerick city centre. Its one of the main reasons I like shopping in the crescent over the city.

Usually when Im in town I sneak in and use the toilets in the George hotel. I refuse to pay 20cents to use those sh*tty toilets in Arthurs quay.

Anyone know of any public toilets in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

I think that there is one beside The People's Park. Can't say that I've seen any others though. Saw a lovely male and female knacker couple coming out of that at about 5.30pm one evening a year or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

This annoys me as well.. Especially with the kids because i refuse to use any old place.. needing to use the toilet has forced my family into many unwanted purchases.. like if i gotta go ill buy a fanta in abra or somethin..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

outside the peoples park
    outside Arthurs Quay
    outside Dunnes on henry street
    on a saturday night cruises street seems to also be a public toilet
    also alot of the old telephone booths ive seen been used as public toilets on a saturday night

personally i have no problem walking into mcdonalds and using theirs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Stab*City wrote: »
    This annoys me as well.. Especially with the kids because i refuse to use any old place.. needing to use the toilet has forced my family into many unwanted purchases.. like if i gotta go ill buy a fanta in abra or somethin..

Jeez yeah must be a nightmare in Limerick with kids.

I say its also quite isolating for elderly people too,whom probably fear going to Limerick city and not having access to any toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

i just go into burger king

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Another thing are the lack of bins around the place.
    I really think the Council must be run by a complete shower of muppets if they can't even get the most basic things together.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

we should install some of these

see-through-public-toilet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Limerick City Council does everything within its power to make Limerick an unpleasant, expensive and impractical place to visit....... Its almost as if they don't want People there, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Millie wrote: »
    Another thing are the lack of bins around the place.
    I really think the Council must be run by a complete shower of muppets if they can't even get the most basic things together.

In the Uk they dont have bins at all - they just pay people to walk about the place picking up rubbish for fear of bombs being planted in the bins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Mc Love wrote: »
    In the Uk they dont have bins at all - they just pay people to walk about the place picking up rubbish for fear of bombs being planted in the bins

That's nonsense mate. Of course they have bins. They even have the big open top ones not like the little ones here to stop people dumping their household waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Raiser wrote: »
    Limerick City Council does everything within its power to make Limerick an unpleasant, expensive and impractical place to visit....... Its almost as if they don't want People there, ever.

Bit of an unfair statement IMO you made there.

The council are ploughing large amounts of money, I know for a fact, although I dont have a direct connection with them into various parks, visitor areas ect. True some areas need prior attention but I mainly blame a section of the city population who go about vandalising areas, for instance do people know how much is spent on example, Trees for the city by the council, which are being broken and pulled up after being planted.
    Theres Limerick people that needs to get some pride for their city.

(Sorry Raiser for taking my anger out on you)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

If your by william street/ OConnell street, upstairs in brown thomas (in the cafe bit)
    If your on cruises street, charlie chaplins or quigleys/oconnors
    Towards Patrick Street arthurs quay
    Ellen street/Denmark street The old quarter
    Any Hotel (Strand/Savoy/Clarion/Perry etc)
    The shopping centres outside the city dont seem to charge (jetland/parkway/crecent)
    Actually guineys must have one somewhere from when it was williamscourt mall, wonder where that went?
    Fast food outlets (Mcdonalds/Burgerking/Supermacs) but they dont look very nice to me

I think its from having a four year old, I automatically know where the nearest toilet is!

btw mothercare doesnt, whats that about! Just baby changing place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's toilets in The Granary, just next to the library entrance.

Advertisement