Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with WiFi

Options
  • 07-07-2010 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi good people of Cork City,

I'll be arriving in cork, by train, at about 1ish on Friday, and have to wait around to meet someone between 4-5.

Was wondering

a. what pubs have free WiFi
    b. of those pubs, would any allow me plug in my laptop, the battery is fairly crap on it.

Closeness to the train station is also a factor, though not a necessity.

Cheers

Des

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

Welcome to the real capital!!!:D:D

I would recommend the Sober Lane on O'Sullivans Quay...free wireless and I'm sur if you asked nicely they'd let you plug in a laptop.....also try the food there, it do be nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

The Franciscan Well has Wifi and lovely beer :)

http://www.franciscanwellbrewery.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I know about the Franciscan alright.

Is it near the station? much of a walk?

I think I'll be going to Patrick Street for Lunch, some Thai place was recommended to me.

Si it'll be station --> lunch --> pub

also, I've been told Sober Lane doesn't open until 3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

old oak down oliver plunkett street has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

there might be a game of five a side at 2 if you're interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Des wrote: »
    much of a walk?

A nice stroll.

A: Train Station
    B: Cork Coffee Roasters -it's a nice coffee shop
    C: Ruen Thai (Only Thai place on Patrick St., that I know of)
    D: The Bierhaus
    E: The Franciscan Well

I think the Franciscan might open mid-afternoon as well, so you might want to ring ahead to check they'll be open early enough for you. I'm sure they'd let your plug in you laptop at the bar.

I don't know if the Bierhaus does free wi-fi but I said I'd put it on the map anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

The Franciscan Well
    is my advice as well, although it is a bit of a stroll. It will be worth it and they are pretty cool in there. As soon as they realise you are a the Boardsie celebrity it will open many a door for you!:) All hail Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Toff

Sin E used to have wifi, probably still do. I used to get 500kb/sec download speed from there. They'd probably let you plug it in if the place isn't too busy.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=5005545911378782767&q=sin+e+cork&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=pkU2TNrDEYOa_Qab96CbDQ

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I'd say Sober Lane as well they'd have no problem with you plugging in.
    They also have a 3 legged dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help, I'm sitting in the Franciscan Well, having a pint, posting here, and they let me plug in too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

Pretty sure the Soho has WiFi too.

Advertisement