Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Repayments

Options
  • 07-07-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What would be the likely mortgage repayments of 340k over a 30year term?
    What reliefs would I be able to deduct from repayments?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Ballpark 2k per month AT CURRENT HISTORICALLY LOW INTEREST RATES. Tax relief, have no idea what the current setup is for new FTBs, probably fairly small compared to the repayments on that big of a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Gurgle wrote: »
    Ballpark 2k per month AT CURRENT HISTORICALLY LOW INTEREST RATES. Tax relief, have no idea what the current setup is for new FTBs, probably fairly small compared to the repayments on that big of a mortgage.

And thats why I love my tracker.

347k mortgage, €1198 per month payments :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

http://www.drcalculator.com/mortgage/ie/

Easiest to use calculator out there.
    You'll need to work out your own TRS though to take away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

D3PO wrote: »
    And thats why I love my tracker.

347k mortgage, €1198 per month payments :D:D

lets hope you still love it as much when ecb rate hits 5%!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

http://www.drcalculator.com/mortgage/

I'd suggest a 5 or 6% interest rate as a minimum level to use.

• Advertisement

danbohan wrote: »

He'll still be paying ~2% less than the going variable rate.

Oh I will. That lovely lump sum i have earning more in a deposit account than the interest Im paying now will be off the mortgage.

Were not all financial morons, some of us actually realise rates are at historically low levels :rolleyes:

sorry if I offended you by pointing out the value of a tracker :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SamB64

Money saving expert to the rescue?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortgages/mortgages-vs-savings

Hope this helps,

Sam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

Oh I will. That lovely lump sum i have earning more in a deposit account than the interest Im paying now will be off the mortgage.

Were not all financial morons, some of us actually realise rates are at historically low levels :rolleyes:

sorry if I offended you by pointing out the value of a tracker :rolleyes:

reasuring to know , no you did not offend me why would it , your lucky to have a tracker, a lot people seem to think its like free money , its not. wish their were more people like you in the country then we would have none this bleating about negative equity bailouts.

wish their were more people like you in the country then we would have none this bleating about negative equity bailouts.

I agree its pathetic. Im embarassed by the me feinism, the self indulgent, blame everybody but me attitudes that some peopel have.

Your in NE tough sh*t deal with it

• Advertisement

I agree its pathetic. Im embarassed by the me feinism, the self indulgent, blame everybody but me attitudes that some peopel have.

Your in NE tough sh*t deal with it
    For an owner / occupier NE is purely a state of mind. You own a house, you owe money to the bank. Worrying about whether the value of your home is more or less than the loan is pointless masochism.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Gurgle wrote: »
    For an owner / occupier NE is purely a state of mind. You own a house, you owe money to the bank. Worrying about whether the value of your home is more or less than the loan is pointless masochism.

I agree with you.
    The fact is that a lot of people have grown to view their house as some sort of a piggy bank to be raided for that extra holiday- that 10-D car, that new kitchen- or whatever.....
    There is some sort of disconnect out there- that is quite inexplicable......

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rhacko

Loan amount: €340,000 Rate type: Variable
    House value: €400,000 Lender: AIB
    Loan/value ratio: 85% Term: 30 years
    Term: 30 years Interest rate: 2.99%
    Monthly payment: €1,431.62

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

smccarrick wrote: »
    The fact is that a lot of people have grown to view their house as some sort of a piggy bank to be raided for that extra holiday- that 10-D car, that new kitchen- or whatever.....

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Rhacko wrote: »
    Loan amount: €340,000 Rate type: Variable
    House value: €400,000 Lender: AIB
    Loan/value ratio: 85% Term: 30 years
    Term: 30 years Interest rate: 2.99%
    Monthly payment: €1,431.62

Where does this quote come from? And what's with the assumption of a 2.99% IR over 30 years?

Advertisement