Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Round 10: British Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Seems as though it was Hamiltons car that might have damaged Vettels right rear,

I thought he had picked up some crap when Webber rightly ran him out of road that time.

Am glad Hamilton doesn't seem to be affected,

Looking forward to seeing when Button gets up to Schumacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

amacachi wrote: »
    Great battle with Kubica, Rosberg and Alonso. Alonso will be kicking himself. The Renault not looking great in race trim.

Good ol' Hamilton, cutting down Vettel's tyre. :pac:

Alonso looks very fast. If he can clear Rosberg soon he could be a player today. Shocking start from him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I just hope Webber stays out long enough to lap Vettel. :pac:

I just hope Webber stays out long enough to lap Vettel. :pac:

And gives him a little wave as he goes by!:D

Webber must be stuggling to not laugh on the Hangar Straight there. :pac:

EDIT: Kobayashi jumped Schumacher in the stops there. Button going fast enough to make up a couple of spots at the next stops, should probably get up to 5th.

That's a savage onboard camera on Buttons car!:)

lord lucan wrote: »
    That's a savage onboard camera on Buttons car!:)

Aye, so little distance travelled by the components, amazing.

Rosberg's jumped Alonso and Kubica, Alonso would want to wise up and let Kubica back through now.

EDIT: If Button stays fast enough to not annoy Hamilton then he should be good for 3rd place.

I'll be surprised if Alonso doesn't get some sort of penalty for cutting the corner.

I'll be surprised if Alonso doesn't get some sort of penalty for cutting the corner.

He's being silly, he'll have to let everyone as far back as Kubica through now.

Letting Hamilton through has messed up Button, at least Rosberg will be ahead of him, probably Alonso too.

*EDIT* Alonso got damn lucky there! McLaren just shot themselves in the foor in the last few laps, while Rosberg and Alonso were being held up there was a 19.8 second gap, enough to get out ahead of Rosberg, now he'll be behind both of them.

• Advertisement

Kubica's bollixed!

Problem solved!

This is going to be an exciting 28 laps(!)

Vettel just reaching traffic now, should be a laugh.

More FIA bull.

Heh, as Brundle said, I'd like to hear Alonso on the radio when he hears that. :P

Alonso is going to be steaming!!

When ya hear DC say that Alonso is harshly treated...

AH FOR ****SAKE. SAFETY CAR ****IN DEBACLE COMING RIGHT UP.

Safety car?!! Seems a bit excessive!

• Advertisement

Safety car?!! Seems a bit excessive!

Ya wouldn't get this in NASCAR. :pac:

For God's sake, so that's zero points for Alonso now. 4 horse race for the for the title now.

Sauber have to get a penalty for sending DLR back out. Also I hope Alonso just stays out and tries to overtake Rosberg on the restart, he's getting no points anyway.

I can see Alonso doing something silly here!

****ing Vettel one position outside the points now. Stupid FIA. ¬_¬

****ing Vettel one position outside the points now. Stupid FIA. ¬_¬

Red Bull brown envelope -> Charlie Whiting!:pac::pac:

Mr. Bean in the pits!:pac:

• Advertisement

Mr. Bean in the pits!:pac:

Do you think maybe he was fooling around with the FIA's communications deck?

Do you think maybe he was fooling around with the FIA's communications deck?

Reckon he wanted to use his mini as a safety car.:D

I find it very odd that Button is low on fuel after a few SC laps and all that time in the queue of traffic earlier on.

" Not bad for a number 2 Driver".:D:D

Did he say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Fair play to Mark- Vettel tried to put him in the wall and came out second best - with the mark's front wing!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Did he say that?

Yep. From BBC F1 ' There's a pointed exchange between the Aussie and team boss Christian Horner. Webber: "Fantastic guys, not bad for a number two driver." Horner: "You can smile now." '

Did he say that?

Yep. Fair play to him for keeping it all in check and not lose his head. He was calm and in control and that's what won it for him. Shows the underlining tensions in the camp though,it'll be interesting to hear what gloss Horner puts on it. Aussie exuberance?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

eh No 2 is supposed to win when No 1 is struggling! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Sterling drive from Mark,want him to get it now this year,he deserves it after this weekend.

Ferrari again getting no luck,Alonso was looking good until the penalty,at least a podium.

• Advertisement

Horner should be a politician!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

LOL @ EJ and Horner again. Jordan said something like Horner wasnt genuine in congratulating Mark, and it looked like the two of them were having a staredown as the camera cut away. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Fair play to EJ for asking the tough questions. Being an ex team boss he knows how these things work.

Delighted for Webber too, fully deserved. I like Vettel, but I don't seem to like the favouritism towards him from upper management in Red Bull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Fair play to Webbo, not a fan of his I'm genuinely happy for him given the circumstances this weekend. Lol @ Ferrari too, the whole FIArrari thing seems to be well and truly over!!!

Good stuff out of EJ too.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Vettel said something along the lines of "Sometimes you find people's true faces, so I just keep to myself". The excrement may soon hit the air blowing device.

Superbus wrote: »
    Vettel said something along the lines of "Sometimes you find people's true faces, so I just keep to myself". The excrement may soon hit the air blowing device.

Whose true faces? The guy who's getting treated like crap by the team isn't happy about it? :rolleyes:

Boo! No interview with Alonso. Was looking forward to a good rant!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the after race team meeting at redbull today.:D

I'm starting to get used to seeing a downbeat team boss interviewed after winning a race. In fairness Red Bull certainly are bringing the fun back to F1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Chuffed for Mark - sterling drive. Everybody knows there is a no.1 for every team, but for RB to openly "rob Peter to pay Paul" with Marks wing, must have been really embarressing for him. I'm delighted Vettel made a balls of the race on the first corner, and from Marks on-board cam it looked as if Vettel swerved very aggresively to defend, too aggressively.

And before someone comes on and says "Yeah but did you see Vettels charge from last place" - don't forget he was almost giving up before the safety car, with his engineer having to spurn him on. He also had the best car on the track by a country mile, put Chandok in that car from the back and he'd have made a charge. The charge had no flashes of brilliance, just pure speed/downforce. The day Vettel stops celebrating quali like a world championship, is the day I'll have time for him.

Great drive from Lewis/Button, Alonso messed up his start but his penalty did seem a little harsh. I'm with Brundle on this one though, he should have just let Kubica pass him on the straight and re-overtook him, instead of steaming ahead.

All in all a very entertaining race, and fair play to EJ - he says it like it is, and you HAVE to respect him for that. He cuts through the politics and gets right down to business :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Whose true faces? The guy who's getting treated like crap by the team isn't happy about it? :rolleyes:

I'm sure Vettel doesn't see it like that. Hence the conflict.

I'm sure Vettel doesn't see it like that. Hence the conflict.

Don't want to badmouth a driver but it's hard not to in this case. I won't say what he would have to be to think that he isn't getting treated better than Webber.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Chuffed for Mark - sterling drive. Everybody knows there is a no.1 for every team, but for RB to openly "rob Peter to pay Paul" with Marks wing, must have been really embarressing for him. I'm delighted Vettel made a balls of the race on the first corner, and from Marks on-board cam it looked as if Vettel swerved very aggresively to defend, too aggressively.

And before someone comes on and says "Yeah but did you see Vettels charge from last place" - don't forget he was almost giving up before the safety car, with his engineer having to spurn him on. He also had the best car on the track by a country mile, put Chandok in that car from the back and he'd have made a charge. The charge had no flashes of brilliance, just pure speed/downforce. The day Vettel stops celebrating quali like a world championship, is the day I'll have time for him.

Great drive from Lewis/Button, Alonso messed up his start but his penalty did seem a little harsh. I'm with Brundle on this one though, he should have just let Kubica pass him on the straight and re-overtook him, instead of steaming ahead.

All in all a very entertaining race, and fair play to EJ - he says it like it is, and you HAVE to respect him for that. He cuts through the politics and gets right down to business :)

I wouldn't say Vettel made a balls of the start. Mark had a better start, Vettel was fine for second till Hamilton punctured the tyre. The swerve was not too aggressive. I would have preferred to see a straight fight between them for the race, then it would mean more to the no2 driver if he won that.

Vettel wouldn't have scored any points if it wasn't for the safety car. He could have been on the podium if he wasn't so slow after the puncture.

Boo! No interview with Alonso. Was looking forward to a good rant!:D

Don't think he was in the mood for talking,

I thought it was gas when he told the the team to have no more radio contact with him :D

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Vettel made a balls of the start. Mark had a better start, Vettel was fine for second till Hamilton punctured the tyre. The swerve was not too aggressive. I would have preferred to see a straight fight between them for the race, then it would mean more to the no2 driver if he won that.

Vettel wouldn't have scored any points if it wasn't for the safety car. He could have been on the podium if he wasn't so slow after the puncture.

I wouldn't be blaming Hamilton directly for the puncture though, it came near the end of a series of events that Vettel had started himself.

He pointed the car straight for Webber at the start, leading to Webber leaving him no room, then coming back in as much as he had to brought him into Hamilton who might not Have been there if Vettel had have headed straight for a fight with Webber into the first corner.

Vettel needed a bit of luck to get back into the race and to be honest i don't think he deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Did find it a bit funny that Alonso got caught out with the penalty this week after making such a fuss about the penalty in the last race. Hope Ferrari get it together soon though, they have been a bit unlucky lately, must be one of there worst results for a while with no points

Webber looked very in control and nice to see him take the win after what happed saturday. Vettel unlucky at the start. Thought his move on Sutil looked a bit questionable and would have liked to see some onboard video of it. Hamilton and Button both did well considering the changes to the car

Good to see Sauber, Force India, Williams and Mercedes all pretty competitive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Get in
    just finished watching it on sky +

if red bull dont give mark equal status then something should be done

really beginning to hate vettel and horner at the mo

I wouldn't be blaming Hamilton directly for the puncture though, it came near the end of a series of events that Vettel had started himself.

He pointed the car straight for Webber at the start, leading to Webber leaving him no room, then coming back in as much as he had to brought him into Hamilton who might not Have been there if Vettel had have headed straight for a fight with Webber into the first corner.

Vettel needed a bit of luck to get back into the race and to be honest i don't think he deserved it.

I'm not blaming Hamilton, if anyone is to blame its whoever came up with the design for the massive front wings.
    Just saying Vettel made a balls of the start is a bit strong for loosing 1 position and getting a puncture. A good example of making a balls of the start is Alonso.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    I'm not blaming Hamilton, if anyone is to blame its whoever came up with the design for the massive front wings.
    Just saying Vettel made a balls of the start is a bit strong for loosing 1 position and getting a puncture. A good example of making a balls of the start is Alonso.

I didn't mean you say you were blaming him, just meant it would be easy for Vettel to blame that when it was mostly his own fault anyways.

But yeah Alonso was stuck in at the start, a better start and he could have had a totally different race, for all the work that goes into it, it is amazing the little things that can win and lose races!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Looks like the Kubica / Alonso thing has taken a different course of events ...

http://www.planetf1.com/news/18227/6258743/-We-told-Ferrari-to-let-Kubica-pass-

Alun wrote: »
    Looks like the Kubica / Alonso thing has taken a different course of events ...

http://www.planetf1.com/news/18227/6258743/-We-told-Ferrari-to-let-Kubica-pass-

I'd believe Charlie Whiting over anything Ferrari say tbh. What he says makes perfect sense and what you'd expect the race director to advise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement