Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan Burgess gets regular slot discussing Property on Pat Kenny show

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

oceanclub wrote: »
    Although trolling (not puns) is the lowest form of wit, I did once try an experiment on AAM. I created a character and proceeded to spout the most inane bullish nonsense that I could, giving out about negativity, saying that David McWilliams should be arrested for treason, that the policy of banning pessimistic talk was correct, writing articles supporting Brendan that "no-one could have seen it coming". Never got banned and indeed at one point a moderator asked me to write up a balance "summary" for the forum.... Even I spouted enough rubbish that even the regulars there copped on. When I slipped out of character and then used the same account to post normally, guess what? I got banned.

P.

What username did you use? It would be very interesting to read these posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HavinALaugh

SimeonAAM wrote: »
    Hey HavingALaugh, how's it goin'. Been given the high jump also? Have not been on AAM for ages and as someone was talking about the % of people banned, I did a quick one/two on the page I was reading. Seemingly, if you have a mind of your own then you have to tread carefully. It seems like the forum's raison d'etre is to punish members for thinking outside the box. This is reminiscent of the moustacheod reverand mother in a convent, berating all and sundry until complete subservience is achieved. Then the inevitable implosion into beordom. Is there a link to ex AAM members?

Hi Simeon,

I'm a serial offender. As soon as one account gets banned, which is fairly regularly, I open another with a new gmail account, until that one also gets banned.

It's all a bit irrelevant at this stage because the property section of AAM is a ghost town, nobody goes there now. Most people have copped on that the majority of what's there is a crock of sh*t and that Burgess and his cronies are totally up their own ar*es.

I think it suits Burgess fine because, as I said before, he knows absolutely nothing about property. I think that part of the forum made him very nervous as it had the potential to show how much of a lie his status as 'the Oracle' really is. If there's no activity there he can't be shown up for his dearth of knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HavinALaugh

dan_d wrote: »
    To be fair, he's joining a bunch of hypocrites in the general media.They've done a 180degree turn - gone from "replacing your kitchen and bathrooms before you put your house up for sale will net you WAY more money", to "if you're tired of your house, a lick of paint does amazing things" by way of "how to manage your debt". All brought to you by the same people who coined the phrases "first time buyers" and "property ladder" and "investment properties", while propping up their weekly property supplements with ads paid for by major estate agents and builders.

I'm not cynical (;)) The guy's in good company though, all in all!!:rolleyes:

Once you read newspapers with the understanding that their reason for existing is to make money, not to pass on useful information to readers, then you're fine. Advertisers come first, the schmuck that pays for the newspaper (or more likely reads it online for nothing these days) is worth very little in revenue terms so he or she gets shafted in favour of the far more lucrative advertiser.

In Burgess' case, AAM only exists to boost his ego, his sycophants are his advertisers, everybody else can go to hell, if you don't share his views you get canned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Any more exAAMs floating about. Or any startling news therein? :D

Advertisement